ImageImageImageImage

Cowboy fans.

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Romotodez
Pro Prospect
And1: 12

Re: Cowboy fans. 

Post#21 » by Romotodez » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:32 am

RJ lit one of them up earlier. I think it was tx heat.
Romotodez
Pro Prospect

Post#22 » by Romotodez » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:33 am

Sorry that was posted in the other thread
Romotodez
Pro Prospect

Post#23 » by Romotodez » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:38 am

Schmoopy and Manster what did y'all think of the other board. I couldn't figure out if some of them really liked the Cowboys.
Schmoopy1000
Junior
And1: 18

Post#24 » by Schmoopy1000 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:51 am

Romotodez wrote:Schmoopy and Manster what did y'all think of the other board. I couldn't figure out if some of them really liked the Cowboys.

I can negotiate the other board better than this one. For some reason I have problems with this one.
I can post my thoughts to or against anyones opinions. So where people stand doesn't bother me.
The fact they allow you to cuss or talk **** to one another I thought was a good thing.
Manster7588
Senior
And1: 28

Post#25 » by Manster7588 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:06 pm

Romotodez wrote:Schmoopy and Manster what did y'all think of the other board. I couldn't figure out if some of them really liked the Cowboys.

What one? Hoop or DCU? I liked hoop but it went to **** fast with the BS bans. DCU is OK but it's all Cowboy fans singing in unison. Their either all happy together or mad together. Right now their all cautiously optimistic, now so am I, but let the Cowboys lose this week and I expect the fire everybody uproar will begin.

The layout of hoop and here are similar. Hoop was busier but it wasn't until the mouse shut down. Go look at the posting history before that. There wasn't even a full page on the Dallas board prior.

FN and the mods killed a good thing. Maybe it's our fault maybe not. We have a place here we can try to get back to what we were. We'll see how it goes. I'm sure some Dallas GMers will join the conversations too.
Romotodez
Pro Prospect

Post#26 » by Romotodez » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:45 pm

Yes I was talking about DCU.
Manster7588
Senior

Post#27 » by Manster7588 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:51 pm

Romotodez wrote:Yes I was talking about DCU.

Yep it's too one sided. Funny they call the zone homers. That place must be horrible if you question anything Dallas.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,282

Post#28 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:06 pm

Manster7588 wrote:

What one? Hoop or DCU? I liked hoop but it went to **** fast with the BS bans. DCU is OK but it's all Cowboy fans singing in unison. Their either all happy together or mad together. Right now their all cautiously optimistic, now so am I, but let the Cowboys lose this week and I expect the fire everybody uproar will begin.

The layout of hoop and here are similar. Hoop was busier but it wasn't until the mouse shut down. Go look at the posting history before that. There wasn't even a full page on the Dallas board prior.

FN and the mods killed a good thing. Maybe it's our fault maybe not. We have a place here we can try to get back to what we were. We'll see how it goes. I'm sure some Dallas GMers will join the conversations too.

I feel it was both. At times some of us poster's went a bit too far. However, there was a total lack of professionalism, back bone and thick skin with the Mods at hoopla.
PDay8810
Junior
And1: 22

Post#29 » by PDay8810 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:52 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Manster7588 wrote:

I feel it was both. At times some of us poster's went a bit too far. However, there was a total lack of professionalism, back bone and thick skin with the Mods at hoopla.

Agreed...I went to far at times, but not with the fan nation folks. When Otis took it to the general board and said HE tried and all the while basically calling out our board as a bunch of hard a$$ people.....well, no regrets here.

That guy is pure drama and it's funny that he posts on hoopla with the "Gone Fishing" and anywhere but here bull.
LOL at Otis, Heat $ Ms Cali
PDay8810
Junior

Post#30 » by PDay8810 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:56 pm

LOL....notice the views on these threads since we joined this site

LOL....SHOUT OUT TO CALI
Cowboycolors
Sophomore
And1: 7

Post#31 » by Cowboycolors » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:54 am

PDay8810 wrote:LOL....notice the views on these threads since we joined this site

LOL....SHOUT OUT TO CALI

Screw em and feedem fish heads and cabbage they don't deserve any of the former mouse ears posters

they effed up a awesome group ..1., u hoop
\ /
| |
PDay8810
Junior

Post#32 » by PDay8810 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:40 pm

Maybe I had this message board thing figured all wrong. I respected many football opinions and also defended said football opinions on a particular topic. I can count on one hand the number of times I was mad in 10 plus years. I still laugh at Cali getting so mad on the smacktalk thread and banning me saying my return would be
" NEVER!!!!!"

LOL at those people.....always said it was worth the price of admission
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#33 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:59 pm

I woke up one morning and found out I was banned earlier the previous night without any warning what so ever. The reason; " time to move on, too much drama". Not being out of line, not profanity, no threats or anything rule related, DRAMA on a FOOTBALL forum.
IMHO, everything was fine between me and most of the poster's on Disney and Hoopla till I expressed my opinions on Ware which was very unpopular with most of the Cowboy fans. I haven't changed my mind on the stand I took and still stand by it today. Despite being a hard core Cowboy fan since 1970, I believe most of them couldn't believe one of their own could take such a stand on Ware. Some poster's ignored me somewhat, while other's came after me on a nightly basis hoping I would just go away. Maybe I pushed back too hard sometimes defending my stance and opinion, but it was just my opinion and I found it hypocritical on a couple poster's that I had to respectfully accept everyone's else's opinions, but not mine opinions, wow. Once I started to get bullied over it was when it began to spiral out of control and it was just as much my fault taking it a bit far in defending myself at times. What I didn't know at the time was I was being set up by a poster with the help and permission of a MOD to get me to say something to get me banned. And what the other poster didn't know was he was being set up as well.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#34 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:15 pm

Despite it all, I still don't have any grudges with any poster's, past or present. Learned the hard way many years ago that Holding grudges is wasted energy. I have to do a better job keeping it football and not letting personal ideology and non football issues steer me away from the main point we are her, THE COWBOYS. There is no doubt in my mind that everyone in here is as much a Cowboy fan as I am and extremely passionate about it.
Schmoopy1000
Junior

Post#35 » by Schmoopy1000 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:40 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I woke up one morning and found out I was banned earlier the previous night without any warning what so ever. The reason; " time to move on, too much drama". Not being out of line, not profanity, no threats or anything rule related, DRAMA on a FOOTBALL forum.
IMHO, everything was fine between me and most of the poster's on Disney and Hoopla till I expressed my opinions on Ware which was very unpopular with most of the Cowboy fans. I haven't changed my mind on the stand I took and still stand by it today. Despite being a hard core Cowboy fan since 1970, I believe most of them couldn't believe one of their own could take such a stand on Ware. Some poster's ignored me somewhat, while other's came after me on a nightly basis hoping I would just go away. Maybe I pushed back too hard sometimes defending my stance and opinion, but it was just my opinion and I found it hypocritical on a couple poster's that I had to respectfully accept everyone's else's opinions, but not mine opinions, wow. Once I started to get bullied over it was when it began to spiral out of control and it was just as much my fault taking it a bit far in defending myself at times. What I didn't know at the time was I was being set up by a poster with the help and permission of a MOD to get me to say something to get me banned. And what the other poster didn't know was he was being set up as well.

that was too bad. It was a good debate to have. I originally started off agreeing with some of the things you said about Ware, but then you kept just taking it to another level, which I didn't agree with. I didn't think he sucked but did agree it was time for him to go. So I always like debates where I can see both sides of a conversation of some right in them. So that was a good debate to have. (IMO)
It sucks if everyone just agrees with each other 100% of the time.
Manster7588
Senior

Post#36 » by Manster7588 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:51 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I woke up one morning and found out I was banned earlier the previous night without any warning what so ever. The reason; " time to move on, too much drama". Not being out of line, not profanity, no threats or anything rule related, DRAMA on a FOOTBALL forum.

that was too bad. It was a good debate to have. I originally started off agreeing with some of the things you said about Ware, but then you kept just taking it to another level, which I didn't agree with. I didn't think he sucked but did agree it was time for him to go. So I always like debates where I can see both sides of a conversation of some right in them. So that was a good debate to have. (IMO)

I'll address two things here. Had BJJ simply said he think Ware was past his prime rather than calling one of the greatest sack guys to ever lace em up overrated I don't think he'd have been given as much flack. A poster even said that to BJJ. I know I wouldn't have had a heartache if he just went with the past his prime statement. The whole Ware thing is not what got me to the point that I didn't like BJJ, it was his statements he made about the men and women serving this country.
Schmoopy1000
Junior

Post#37 » by Schmoopy1000 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:55 am

Manster7588 wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:

I'll address two things here. Had BJJ simply said he think Ware was past his prime rather than calling one of the greatest sack guys to ever lace em up overrated I don't think he'd have been given as much flack. A poster even said that to BJJ. I know I wouldn't have had a heartache if he just went with the past his prime statement. The whole Ware thing is not what got me to the point that I didn't like BJJ, it was his statements he made about the men and women serving this country.

yeah it started out IMO a good debate, but it kept being taken to the next level until it was way out there.
Earl Stevens
Freshman
And1: 6

Post#38 » by Earl Stevens » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:40 am

Earl Stevens here. Made this account a long time ago back when I used to post on ESPN as twistmoney. lol
I miss Sean Lee
Manster7588
Senior

Post#39 » by Manster7588 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:58 am

twistmoney wrote:Earl Stevens here. Made this account a long time ago back when I used to post on ESPN as twistmoney. lol

Welcome back. Did you remember your PW or did you have to create a new one?

When started thinking about departing hoop I came across DCU. Simply tried to log in and wella, there I was with a 2009 date.
Schmoopy1000
Junior

Post#40 » by Schmoopy1000 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:11 am

hows it going earl :D

Return to Dallas Cowboys