ImageImageImageImage

Dez Bryant criminal video?

Moderator: Texas Chuck

pools
Sophomore
And1: 4

Re: Dez Bryant criminal video? 

Post#21 » by pools » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:08 am

how many days are there in today or tomorrow release?

Video was supposed to be released over a week ago if you are to believe the today or tomorrow. The longer it takes for the release just makes me believe they are not happy with their photoshopped video yet
Manster7588
Senior
And1: 28

Post#22 » by Manster7588 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:04 am

GQ say he needs to be suspended NOW.

http://www.gq.com/blogs/the-feed/2015/0 ... t-now.html

Everyone should read this. Haters (Malko), Homers (fans), and waiters (jarntt and myself)

Yes I'm with holding all judgement until something substantial comes out.

Damn sure won't comment on a "criminal video" that MIGHT exist.
Schmoopy1000
Junior
And1: 18

Post#23 » by Schmoopy1000 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:15 am

Lancaster, Tex. police say they have no video of the July 2011 incident involving Dez Bryant in a Walmart parking lot.
Police had already said they were summoned but made no arrests. Now we know they don't have the supposed smoking-gun video that's been the subject of innuendo and Twitter hysteria over the past 48 hours. The episode should begin fading from memory.
Source: Dallas Morning News
Jarntt
Senior
And1: 37

Post#24 » by Jarntt » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:08 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:Lancaster, Tex. police say they have no video of the July 2011 incident involving Dez Bryant in a Walmart parking lot.
Police had already said they were summoned but made no arrests. Now we know they don't have the supposed smoking-gun video that's been the subject of innuendo and Twitter hysteria over the past 48 hours. The episode should begin fading from memory.
Source: Dallas Morning News

I tend to think that if Dez committed a crime and there was proof of it that we would already know about it. So, I am going to agree with you that it likely will not amount to anything of the level of the "Ray Rice incident" or eve nclose to that. My concern is that we are still discussing all of these things surrounding him. When does it stop? Even if there are no charges brought, how many different incidents are too many? Luckily it seems all of this stuff is old, but it is still telling on who he is/was or at least on who he chooses (chose?) to associate with.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#25 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:51 pm

Personally - I'm more interested in the type of half-a**ed journalism that leads to these types of reports. Shouldn't someone be calling out so-called "NFL Insiders" like Adam Schfeter, Mike Florio and Ian Rappaport for floating crap like this with nothing more than hearsay?
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
ncmalko1
Junior
And1: 0

Post#26 » by ncmalko1 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:33 pm

The 1/2 assed jornalism part has to do with the fact the thing all reporters lust for is to be the first to break an exclusive. Schefter has actually been amazing at this in his career. He has been working on this since September and was always very careful in his recent reports. But he said there was a tape and he was right. But I hear what you're saying. It can be really unfair to peoples lives.

The only one issue I have is why hasnt Dez said, "Ive done absolutely nothing wrong". The only thing he did say via tweet is, "Ive made mistakes in my past". But, again, these reporters can be ruthless and are only interested in the "breaking story" no matter who they hurt. It just seems if Dez was totally innocent it would be tremendously easy and important for him to say he hasnt done anything wrong. Thats what anyone would do if they were blamed for something they didnt do.

The statute of limitations for these types of crimes in Texas is 2 years. Dez has nothing to worry about. He is still getting paid big time eventually if he doesnt suffer a devastating injury.
Jarntt
Senior
And1: 37

Post#27 » by Jarntt » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:10 pm

ncmalko1 wrote:The 1/2 assed jornalism part has to do with the fact the thing all reporters lust for is to be the first to break an exclusive. Schefter has actually been amazing at this in his career. He has been working on this since September and was always very careful in his recent reports. But he said there was a tape and he was right. But I hear what you're saying. It can be really unfair to peoples lives.

The only one issue I have is why hasnt Dez said, "Ive done absolutely nothing wrong". The only thing he did say via tweet is, "Ive made mistakes in my past". But, again, these reporters can be ruthless and are only interested in the "breaking story" no matter who they hurt. It just seems if Dez was totally innocent it would be tremendously easy and important for him to say he hasnt done anything wrong. Thats what anyone would do if they were blamed for something they didnt do.

The statute of limitations for these types of crimes in Texas is 2 years. Dez has nothing to worry about. He is still getting paid big time eventually if he doesnt suffer a devastating injury.

Is there a tape? I thought I heard there wasn't.

When you come out and answer to rumors, even if they are just rumors, you are justifying their existence and continuing the story. I have no problem with any player not commenting on something if they don't feel there is a reason to do so. Now if an actual story comes out and of course if some kind of video comes out, then I think he needs to make a comment unless he is worried about incriminating himself...but right now??? What is there to comment on? No actual story has come out, just a vague rumor that there may be a story...

I don't thnk Goodell cares about the statute of limitations and to be honest if something eventually comes out of this I don't want to sign him. So, I don't think it is just the legal aspect in play here.
Schmoopy1000
Junior
And1: 18

Post#28 » by Schmoopy1000 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:16 pm

ncmalko1 wrote:The 1/2 assed jornalism part has to do with the fact the thing all reporters lust for is to be the first to break an exclusive. Schefter has actually been amazing at this in his career. He has been working on this since September and was always very careful in his recent reports. But he said there was a tape and he was right. But I hear what you're saying. It can be really unfair to peoples lives.

I assume he has legal representation (agent or otherwise) & pretty sure they would tell him to stay off of the social media & not to reply to any of this.
I think he would be stupid to defend himself in the media. Otherwise what might end up a non story would become a big story.
pools
Sophomore

Post#29 » by pools » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:56 pm

well another today or tomorrow has passed....... the longer they take to release this supposed video the dumber these "reporters" look
Cowboycolors
Sophomore
And1: 7

Post#30 » by Cowboycolors » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:57 am

None Issue Dez has been effed over the last week

I don't think there is anything else but who knows

Dez has got screwed out of millions by somebody
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:06 pm

And yet - several years ago when he worked at the NFL Network and every other "insider" reported Brett Favre was retiring, Adam Schefter stood in front of a camera at the Hall of Fame game and reported Favre and Bus Cook were on a private jet enroute to training camp.

He's a tailcoat rider. Useless.
ncmalko1
Junior
And1: 0

Post#32 » by ncmalko1 » Sun Mar 1, 2015 9:11 am

Jarntt wrote:

When you come out and answer to rumors, even if they are just rumors, you are justifying their existence and continuing the story. I have no problem with any player not commenting on something if they don't feel there is a reason to do so. Now if an actual story comes out and of course if some kind of video comes out, then I think he needs to make a comment unless he is worried about incriminating himself...but right now??? What is there to comment on? No actual story has come out, just a vague rumor that there may be a story...

I don't thnk Goodell cares about the statute of limitations and to be honest if something eventually comes out of this I don't want to sign him. So, I don't think it is just the legal aspect in play here.

but he did come out and answer the rumors. He said I've made mistakes in my past when this all came out.
Manster7588
Senior
And1: 28

Post#33 » by Manster7588 » Sun Mar 1, 2015 5:57 pm

ncmalko1 wrote:
Jarntt wrote:

but he did come out and answer the rumors. He said I've made mistakes in my past when this all came out.

So by admitting he has made mistakes he admitted this whole video (with no video) story is true? Or maybe he's tired of all the non story harassment. Other than his fight with his mother and brother not one Dez Story was news worthy. Even the slapping of his mother seems to be more of her getting in between he and his brother and he hat slap (Yes he was wrong to do so) was more of his saying he wasn't finished with his brother.

Imagine if the news reported every single sagging at the mall story.
pools
Sophomore

Post#34 » by pools » Sat Apr 4, 2015 1:49 pm

Just for fun........ where is this video lol
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Apr 4, 2015 2:47 pm

pools wrote:Just for fun........ where is this video lol

I'm sure Florio and Schefter are falling all over themselves as I type this in search of it.

Return to Dallas Cowboys