ImageImageImageImage

Gordon/Gurley

Moderator: Texas Chuck

ncmalko1
Junior
And1: 0

Re: Gordon/Gurley 

Post#21 » by ncmalko1 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:34 pm

Jarntt wrote:Nothing wrong with agreeing with BJJ, he makes some good points when he is focusing on Football

I agree. Brilliant intellect like Dallas is going 16 and 0 in 2012, the Eagles are the worst team in the NFL (won the division), Demarcus Ware sucks. Where would this board be without his NFL brilliance.
Jarntt
Senior
And1: 37

Post#22 » by Jarntt » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:22 am

ncmalko1 wrote:
Jarntt wrote:Nothing wrong with agreeing with BJJ, he makes some good points when he is focusing on Football

I agree. Brilliant intellect like Dallas is going 16 and 0 in 2012, the Eagles are the worst team in the NFL (won the division), Demarcus Ware sucks. Where would this board be without his NFL brilliance.

Nothing wrong with Malko, he makes some good points when he is focusing on Football...
Schmoopy1000
Junior
And1: 18

Post#23 » by Schmoopy1000 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:29 am

So I liked what I read on Coleman. He can run, catch & most importantly block. Problem is most don't think he makes it to 60 & I don't believe we will go RB at 27. So unless we trade back (or forward in the 2nd). Don't think we will go after him.
Really think Defense at 27. The only defensive spot I am fairly sure we wont draft is DE (unless the player is BPA by a good margin)
Even though I have seen mock drafts with us taking a DE. I don't see it.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,282

Post#24 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:55 pm

I still haven't changed my mind. I'm desperate for the best DT to come our way.
Manster7588
Senior
And1: 28

Post#25 » by Manster7588 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:33 am

I think the BPA at 27 that fits Dallas need will be a DB, and I'd be fine with that.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#26 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:39 pm

Your probably right. I guess controlling the line of scrimmage and the run game on the defensive side of the ball is not a priority. We will be playing a lot of ground and pound teams this year and stopping the run will be huge this year. Looks like a middle of the pack defense to me so far this upcoming season.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#27 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:41 pm

ncmalko1 wrote:

Troll. School teacher at his best. Total class act. Take another week off and come back with some substance.
Manster7588
Senior

Post#28 » by Manster7588 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:35 pm

Jarntt wrote:
Manster7588 wrote:Want defense more than any RB but if we took Gurley or Gordon at 27 I wont overly cry about it. AS for moving up I don't see the need. Take the BPA needed player where we sit.

Totally agree. I am hoping for an impact defensive player. Leaning towards corner or safety now that we have Hardy and McClain, but I think the team has proven over the last few years that they know what they are doing in the draft. I may not agree with their decision fully on who to take, but I'm not going to complain whatever they do. As long as we take the guy we have rated as the highest I'll be happy regardless of the position.

What if they take a TE?
Jarntt
Senior

Post#29 » by Jarntt » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:44 am

Manster7588 wrote:
Jarntt wrote:
Manster7588 wrote:Want defense more than any RB but if we took Gurley or Gordon at 27 I wont overly cry about it. AS for moving up I don't see the need. Take the BPA needed player where we sit.

Totally agree. I am hoping for an impact defensive player. Leaning towards corner or safety now that we have Hardy and McClain, but I think the team has proven over the last few years that they know what they are doing in the draft. I may not agree with their decision fully on who to take, but I'm not going to complain whatever they do. As long as we take the guy we have rated as the highest I'll be happy regardless of the position.

What if they take a TE?

It's pretty hard to imagine a TE being the highest rated guy on their board
Schmoopy1000
Junior
And1: 18

Post#30 » by Schmoopy1000 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:13 am

Manster7588 wrote:
Jarntt wrote:

What if they take a TE?

I will go nuts!!! :banghead: :lol:
Manster7588
Senior

Post#31 » by Manster7588 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:16 am

Jarntt wrote:
Manster7588 wrote:
Jarntt wrote:

What if they take a TE?

I was just taking a short jab at you since you like to discount the mocks. Now while I do agree it will be unlikely a TE is their highest rated player we all have to agree it's possible.
Jarntt
Senior

Post#32 » by Jarntt » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:04 pm

Manster7588 wrote:
Jarntt wrote:
Manster7588 wrote:
What if they take a TE?

I was just taking a short jab at you since you like to discount the mocks. Now while I do agree it will be unlikely a TE is their highest rated player we all have to agree it's possible.

Anything is possible, but it would be pretty hard to imagine that being the case. Anyway, I've always stated the draft will be BPA with a lean towards need. So to have a TE fit that bill is unlikely based on what I think (what we all think, no?), not the mocks. But if they do it, I won't be smile on my face happy and I may be confused, but I'll be fine with the move, to more closely explain what I mean by the word happy. But, it has to include a believable explanation of why they did it and that they took the guy the scouts had as the smart pick. I'm not blessing every pick they make unless I know who wanted him. See Manziel last year. I would have been pissed if they drafted him and I found out it was only Jerry that wanted him. Until the talent guys start swinging and missing i give them the benefit of the doubt....
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#33 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:09 pm

Manster7588 wrote:
Jarntt wrote:

What if they take a TE?

LMAO.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#34 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 5, 2016 4:49 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I still want to use the draft for defense. But given the choice and if it is our intent here on taking a RB, I'd take Gordon hands down over Gurley.

Thought it was only fair to repost one of my bad early predictions.

Return to Dallas Cowboys