Post#21 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:44 pm

10 games...
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Schmoopy1000
Junior
And1: 18

Re: Greg Hardy? 

Post#22 » by Schmoopy1000 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:22 am

so he is dramatically cheaper for us. If we make the playoffs he will be cheap & fresh.
Manster7588
Senior
And1: 28

Post#23 » by Manster7588 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:33 am

I believe he has already appealed. Most likely it will be reduced to 2 games. The NFL has already been told they cannot place todays punishment for infractions that happened prior to the new rules.
Schmoopy1000
Junior
And1: 18

Post#24 » by Schmoopy1000 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:26 am

Manster7588 wrote:I believe he has already appealed. Most likely it will be reduced to 2 games. The NFL has already been told they cannot place todays punishment for infractions that happened prior to the new rules.

I figured they put it high so when it got reduced, it would be to a # they actually wanted. But you think it will drop all the way to two games?
Manster7588
Senior
And1: 28

Post#25 » by Manster7588 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:49 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
Manster7588 wrote:I believe he has already appealed. Most likely it will be reduced to 2 games. The NFL has already been told they cannot place todays punishment for infractions that happened prior to the new rules.

I figured they put it high so when it got reduced, it would be to a # they actually wanted. But you think it will drop all the way to two games?

That was the standard punishment the NFL was handing out prior to the new rules. The NFL set the precedence and now they want to change after the got egg on their face from the Rice situation.

I think they said 10 games so after the appeals are done the NFL cab say "We tried to do the right thing, but the union wouldn't let us". This is about saving face.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#26 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:52 am

I agree about the "union" paintbrush Manster. Easy way for the league to put a positive spin on their "new" face as a paragon of virtue.

I still think it'll be 4-6 games. Don't really have any logic for that other than "typical" jurisdiction.
Cowboycolors
Sophomore
And1: 7

Post#27 » by Cowboycolors » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:09 pm

10 games after a year long placement on the exempt list. This just sucks even having to defend this guy but its about the rules and the what was in place at the time of the infraction. 2 games should be the suspension per the rules in place at the time of the now " non legal issue incident" that as far as the law is concerned never even happened. Double jeopardy IMHO but playing in the NFL is a privilege not a right. Part of the 10 games is Hardy's refusal to even admit he came to a financial settlement with his x girlfriend as is his legal right. I don't care for the character of this man but he is getting punished for exercising his right to not cooperate with the NFL on their "witch hunt" I mean fact finding mission to save face.

Hardy should win on appeal but to how many games I don't know should be 2 per the CBA.

I will cheer while he is here but wont spill tears when he moves on.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:37 pm

Rooting for laundry sucks. Had to do it with TO. I'll do it again... and hope he moves on.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,294

Post#29 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jul 7, 2016 8:41 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:Follow up on my thoughts yesterday...

I have some seriously mixed feelings on this. Dude can play. Absolutely no question about his on-field skills and ability to be a force on a team whose deficiencies in rushing the QB are well documented. It's an immediate upgrade and one that improves every facet of the defense... and - with the right addition of young players from the draft - could make our defense seriously formidable again with Marinelli running the show.

The off-the-field stuff is there for everyone to see. It's reprehensible. The ESPN OTL report on his incident is beyond disturbing. He will be suspended once he signs with someone... and it almost has to be 6 games based on precedent alone. The fact that his coaches at Ol' Miss essentially told people scouting him before his draft that "you don't want this guy" is a searing indictment. He would appear to be everything you would walk away from under Garrett's statements and perspectives around "the right kind of guy" in the room.

Personally - I'm OK with signing the guy. Place the proper verbiage in his contract that protects the team should he do something stupid... make it a "prove it" contract similar to what was given Melton last year. Get the agent (although I don't know that this is in Rosenhaus' DNA) to have his client attend some type of domestic abuse forum (whatever that might be) to see if he truly "gets it". Press on. I don't mind second chances as long as the recipient understands he or she isn't exempt from the norms of society. And - domestic abuse shouldn't be tolerated. Period.

Only other thing that bothered me yesterday in the dialogue on the local sports talk shops was around comparing Hardy to Brent and which was worse. Do we really need to try and grade disgustingly bad behavior in terms of which is worse? That's almost the same as comparing Pancreatic Cancer to Esophageal Cancer. They both suck.

You said the key word in your last sentence. CANCER. His talent doesn't over ride the progress in culture we've made recently IMHO.

Once again, couldn't resist. :banghead:
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jul 7, 2016 11:31 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:Follow up on my thoughts yesterday...

I have some seriously mixed feelings on this. Dude can play. Absolutely no question about his on-field skills and ability to be a force on a team whose deficiencies in rushing the QB are well documented. It's an immediate upgrade and one that improves every facet of the defense... and - with the right addition of young players from the draft - could make our defense seriously formidable again with Marinelli running the show.

The off-the-field stuff is there for everyone to see. It's reprehensible. The ESPN OTL report on his incident is beyond disturbing. He will be suspended once he signs with someone... and it almost has to be 6 games based on precedent alone. The fact that his coaches at Ol' Miss essentially told people scouting him before his draft that "you don't want this guy" is a searing indictment. He would appear to be everything you would walk away from under Garrett's statements and perspectives around "the right kind of guy" in the room.

Personally - I'm OK with signing the guy. Place the proper verbiage in his contract that protects the team should he do something stupid... make it a "prove it" contract similar to what was given Melton last year. Get the agent (although I don't know that this is in Rosenhaus' DNA) to have his client attend some type of domestic abuse forum (whatever that might be) to see if he truly "gets it". Press on. I don't mind second chances as long as the recipient understands he or she isn't exempt from the norms of society. And - domestic abuse shouldn't be tolerated. Period.

Only other thing that bothered me yesterday in the dialogue on the local sports talk shops was around comparing Hardy to Brent and which was worse. Do we really need to try and grade disgustingly bad behavior in terms of which is worse? That's almost the same as comparing Pancreatic Cancer to Esophageal Cancer. They both suck.

You said the key word in your last sentence. CANCER. His talent doesn't over ride the progress in culture we've made recently IMHO.

Once again, couldn't resist. :banghead:

Gonna stuff myself with my past thoughts...
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#31 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Jul 8, 2016 12:27 am

Oh stop. lol. I was just kidding and supporting our frustrations the past 2 years. I got bored because I'm ready for football now and we aren't a very active board. Hopefully it will pick up some more this year. So I went back and id some reading from the past. Its funny how we picked up on some of this garbage back then. I think we were just hoping things would work out with Hardy, Randall, McClain, etc., because we love our team and can't stand losing for so long. Hell do I miss the 70's. I knew way back after 2009 we were in big trouble with Jerry and nothing would change. Sean Peyton left for New Orleans when we all thought Parcells would stay for a bit, but Jerry brought In Owens and things have gone to hell since then. Hell, we can't get a top notch coach anymore. None of the best coaches will come to Big-D just to be thrown in Jerry's play pen.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Jul 8, 2016 9:41 pm

You know me... I can take it. I'm just ready for training camp to get going and end this damn tedium.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,039

Post#33 » by Mr B » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:21 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Oh stop. lol. I was just kidding and supporting our frustrations the past 2 years. I got bored because I'm ready for football now and we aren't a very active board. Hopefully it will pick up some more this year. So I went back and id some reading from the past. Its funny how we picked up on some of this garbage back then. I think we were just hoping things would work out with Hardy, Randall, McClain, etc., because we love our team and can't stand losing for so long. Hell do I miss the 70's. I knew way back after 2009 we were in big trouble with Jerry and nothing would change. Sean Peyton left for New Orleans when we all thought Parcells would stay for a bit, but Jerry brought In Owens and things have gone to hell since then. Hell, we can't get a top notch coach anymore. None of the best coaches will come to Big-D just to be thrown in Jerry's play pen.

I think Jerry could easily get a top coach to come here if he wanted to but that's not what he wants. He doesn't want another dominant personality in the same building. When Parcells left he said it was always like walking on egg shells and he would never do that again. So as long as he is still in charge we will all just have to hope for the best.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:36 pm

Ready for Greg Hardy 2.0? Ex-Cowboys DE pitching 'The ultimate comeback' weeks after cocaine arrest

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2016/10/10/ready-greg-hardy-20-ex-cowboys-de-pitching-ultimate-comeback-weeks-cocaine-arrest

Can't someone just throw his dumb ass in jail?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#35 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:57 pm

Looks like he has been reformed and rehabilitated, lol. Wants to go back to beating people up.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,039

Post#36 » by Mr B » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:05 am

Better in the Octagon than in his living room.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#37 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:07 am

I was referring to his mind set in a wise ass manor, lol.

Return to Dallas Cowboys