bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,297

Re: Hoopla 

Post#81 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:38 am

Roadhog Moran wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:[Tweet][/Tweet]

And - my pain goes back a couple of years prior... 1968... 12-2... just assumed as a 12 year old kid we were destined for Super Bowl III... only to be crushed in the 2nd half of the playoff game against the Browns... and the game being called when the fans hit the field at the end of the game.

Sadness filled my heart.

That was the first game Cowboys lost in their original royal blue uniforms. Never saw that game but heard and read about it. Its just that Super Bowl V left such a bad taste in my mouth. All those missed opportunities early in the game and only ended up with field goals. Then a super crap T.D. by the Colts that was tipped. Knocked Unitas out of the game. Got robbed on a Manders fumble recovery. But aside all that misfortune, the great Doomsday I defense started the 4th period with an interception and gave Morton a 13 - 7 lead. Morton decided the throw the game away with 3 4th quarter interceptions.

All still vivid in my mind... and mercifully laid to waste the following year.

Still to this day, I've never gotten over that game. The most hurtful game to me to this day. Even more than Super Bowl XIII.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,975

Post#82 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:12 pm

For me - the 1982 NFC Championship game was the one that left me traumatized... At least until 1993. I felt a lot better after 1993.

As far as Super Bowl XIII... I still hate Fred Swearingen. Always will.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#83 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:33 am

I still swear till the day I die, if Staubach did not have to retire early due to concussions after the 1979 season, Cliff Harris didn't retire and Hollywood Henderson did turn to drugs, there is no way in hell, the Cowboys lose those 3 straight NFC Championship games.
By the way, I was more pissed when we lost to the Egals the year before. Finished with same record, split with them during the season, but lost division and home filed on last tie breaker. We got a bad rap there and had to play Championship game in Philly in cold, very windy conditions and we were unable to even have a passing game were we had a huge advantage.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#84 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:32 pm

Speaking of the Hoopla. I got a bit bored last night and things were slow so I went over to do some reading and see what was being said over there these days. I swear to God it was a blessing in disguise I got banned from there last year. I definitely would have gotten into with UK Cowboy. I know its his opinion, but he thinks we should go WR, RB & QB with our first 3 picks next year. Wow, really. Is he watching the same games as we are. What a (Please Use More Appropriate Word). Then you got Romo To Owens, wearing his drama queen man panties still trying to convince everyone Romo is the best QB in Cowboy history. But he still watches the Love Boat in his spare time. I guess his wife wear the pants in his family, wow.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#85 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:57 pm

Well, I did it again. Due to the lack of activity in here, I actually got caught up on some reading. I really have question some of the opinions over at the hoop. This is just way to good. Please, If you get a chance, go to the thread, "over haulin the Cowboys". Seriously, go check it out. Except for snookdad and schmoopy, these guys are so way off on who we should be drafting this upcoming draft. I just don't believe we watch and interpret the games the same way over the past 5 years. The vision and needs of this current team are so different than mine or yours. Wow. I saw a couple of them totally crabbing about the fact they have seen 3 early mock drafts. In all 3 they had us taking a OLB. Most at the hoop feel LB is the lowest priority on the team. I still want a dominate DT, but hell, you know me, I've also been bitching about LB for over 6 years now. Damn, if we could get a stud LB with our first pick, I'd take it. We could still get a nice DT in the next round. Just my opinion.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#86 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Jan 2, 2016 2:47 am

It goes against my nature... But I'll take a look sometime this week during one of my conference calls. I get bored on most of those so I'll have a little time to kill.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#87 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:40 pm

So... lots of scuttlebutt on the forum I'm a mod on (Sports Chatter) about the Hoop being sold and problems logging on. Sounds like that doochenozzle Hammer got out of the business. Even starting to see a small trickle of former CBS'er's making their way over to SC.

Good. There are far better options (including this here fine establishment at RealGM) to have meaningful sports talk on than that toilet.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#88 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:03 am

Roadhog Moran wrote:So... lots of scuttlebutt on the forum I'm a mod on (Sports Chatter) about the Hoop being sold and problems logging on. Sounds like that doochenozzle Hammer got out of the business. Even starting to see a small trickle of former CBS'er's making their way over to SC.

Good. There are far better options (including this here fine establishment at RealGM) to have meaningful sports talk on than that toilet.

Amen to that.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#89 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Oct 7, 2016 4:52 pm

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#90 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Oct 7, 2016 11:11 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:LOL... found this

BJJ gets banned again
http://sportshoop.la/threads/americas-team-hate-and-smacktalk-thread.100255/page-90

And what's even sadder, the things being said over there are 5 times worse then when we were there. Its unbelievable. The vicious trolling still continues, especially with the foreskin and sea chicken fans. But they never get banned, only the Cowboys fans and any others they choose, even when Redskin fans troll the Cowboy forum, nothing happens. But if one of those guys troll the Redskin board, its all over for them. The drama over their is 3ird grade level. But you already hit the nail on the head with the moderators that control the scene over there. I surely don't miss anything over there anymore. If I could go back for just one hour I would love to visit the Foreskin board and ask them what happened to the Redskins, RGknee. Reptic and the bunch told us all about 4 years ago that they were going to win multiple super bowls and dominated the NFC east for the remainder of the decade. :crazy:
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#91 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Oct 8, 2016 1:20 pm

I won't post them over here because I actually respect the folks that run this forum. But if you ever want to see what happened when Fan Nation showed up and the collective Hitler Youth of the Cowboys forum over there lost their minds, shoot me a PM, BBJ. I have lots of links.

Return to Dallas Cowboys