ImageImageImageImage

Upcomming Draft !!!???

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Upcomming Draft !!!??? 

Post#1 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:34 am

Don't know how you guys feel, but I have the feeling the draft will start out with a bang. I can see a monkey wrench being thrown in with perhaps the very first pick. Tell me if I'm wrong here, but if I am the GM of Tampa bay, despite a real good draft last year and things are looking up a bit with a lot of young talent, why take a chance on Winston with this civil suit now surfacing and pending? Its not like they don't need help in other areas. Why take a chance on a kid that may not work out and set you back 4 or 5 years like the Redskins have done with RGknee. Passing on Winston might be in their best interest IMO.
Then you have Tennesse sitting in a nice position. I bet they have had numerous contacts by now. I can see a team like San Diego being a big player here. I can also see something like San Diego and Tennesse swapping picks and throwing Rivers in on a package of some sort.
I also think the jets will be players too. Why, Gino sucks. How about Houston, just a QB away from being a more relevant contender.
Something tells me this year's draft is going to be wild, entertaining and I hate to say it, but drama.
I just hope we are not stupid and take a RB at all or at least before the 3ird round. . I like the mock draft that has Malcom Brown falling to us.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Re: Upcomming Draft !!!??? 

Post#2 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:04 pm

I fear the QB's are GM/Coach killers. The kind that are taken by teams so desperate for QB's they look past other needs just to take a QB and roll the dice they hit home runs. Way more times than not - that ends up being a failed way to do business. I just don't see either of these guys as "can't miss".

As far as the Cowboys... I hope your right. And I've seen a couple of mock drafts having Brown fall into our laps. I'd be incredibly happy with that.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Manster7588
Senior
And1: 28

Post#3 » by Manster7588 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:22 pm

If I'm Tampa and QB is what I want I'm taking Winston. Not sure if Williams USC is a need but if he is at all he'd be my #1 pick.
Jarntt
Senior
And1: 37

Post#4 » by Jarntt » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:58 pm

RGIII set Wash back because of all the other picks he cost them too. Not the case with Tampa. If you see one of these two QBs as a franchise type you take him. QB is still by a mile the most important position in the NFL. If they don't like either QB then I could see a trade
ncmalko1
Junior
And1: 0

Post#5 » by ncmalko1 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:23 pm

Jarntt wrote:RGIII set Wash back because of all the other picks he cost them too. Not the case with Tampa. If you see one of these two QBs as a franchise type you take him. QB is still by a mile the most important position in the NFL. If they don't like either QB then I could see a trade

THIS
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#6 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:15 am

I forgot to include the Egals. Now that they have signed both Sancheeze and now Tebow, looks like a lot of truth to Chip having a man crush on Mariotta. Let's see if he gives up more of the farm, lol.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Post#7 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:57 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I forgot to include the Egals. Now that they have signed both Sancheeze and now Tebow, looks like a lot of truth to Chip having a man crush on Mariotta. Let's see if he gives up more of the farm, lol.

Clearly, Kelly is from the Jon Gruden school of never having too many QB's.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#8 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:19 pm

Jarntt wrote:RGIII set Wash back because of all the other picks he cost them too. Not the case with Tampa. If you see one of these two QBs as a franchise type you take him. QB is still by a mile the most important position in the NFL. If they don't like either QB then I could see a trade

Don't disagree at all with you. I'm not a Tampa GM and have no idea what they are thinking. I'm just saying imho, I would pass on Winston here if I'm Tampa Bay. Frankly, I don't think either one is a franchise QB and I'm thinking along the lines with Manster.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#9 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:41 pm

Looks like Cleveland and the jets are talking with the Redskins and offering draft picks if one of the big two fall to #4.

Return to Dallas Cowboys