ImageImageImageImage

Jerry... Jerry... Jerry...

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,293

Re: Jerry... Jerry... Jerry... 

Post#241 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:23 pm

:thinking: Is it just me (not that I'm complaining) or is Jerry being historically quiet and under the radar lately with all these moves going on the past 3 weeks? :gossip:
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,036

Post#242 » by Mr B » Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:42 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote::thinking: Is it just me (not that I'm complaining) or is Jerry being historically quiet and under the radar lately with all these moves going on the past 3 weeks? :gossip:

I suspect Will McClay must have finally snapped and both Jerry and Stephen are tied up in the basement.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#243 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:46 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote::thinking: Is it just me (not that I'm complaining) or is Jerry being historically quiet and under the radar lately with all these moves going on the past 3 weeks? :gossip:

I suspect Will McClay must have finally snapped and both Jerry and Stephen are tied up in the basement.

Something like that must be going on because Jerry is such a attention whore. :wink:
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,154

Post#244 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:42 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=4r9_b8cy7V--9ISSN5POVA&s=19

Maybe Jerry hasn't been the worst....
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#245 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:17 pm

The majority of the winning percentage came in the Landry era from 1966-1985.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#246 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:08 pm

Hey Jerry. Show us your growing up and maturing in your old age. You should have Jimmy Johnson enshrined into the Cowboys ring Of Honor at the first home game this upcoming season. If Its wasn't for Jimmy, you wouldn't have 3 chips and the horrible record the past 27 years would look even worse than it already does.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#247 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:03 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Hey Jerry. Show us your growing up and maturing in your old age. You should have Jimmy Johnson enshrined into the Cowboys ring Of Honor at the first home game this upcoming season. If Its wasn't for Jimmy, you wouldn't have 3 chips and the horrible record the past 27 years would look even worse than it already does.

Jimmy wouldn’t have 3 Rings if it wasn’t for Jerry. No doubt Jerry was part of the reason Jimmy left but Jimmy was going to leave anyways. Look at Jimmy’s history. He never stayed at 1 job longer than 5 years. Even when he won a Championship in college he left Miami after 5 seasons. He had already expressed his desire to coach the expansion Jaguars. He was leaving with or without Jerry’s consent after that second Super Bowl.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#248 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:19 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Hey Jerry. Show us your growing up and maturing in your old age. You should have Jimmy Johnson enshrined into the Cowboys ring Of Honor at the first home game this upcoming season. If Its wasn't for Jimmy, you wouldn't have 3 chips and the horrible record the past 27 years would look even worse than it already does.

Jimmy wouldn’t have 3 Rings if it wasn’t for Jerry. No doubt Jerry was part of the reason Jimmy left but Jimmy was going to leave anyways. Look at Jimmy’s history. He never stayed at 1 job longer than 5 years. Even when he won a Championship in college he left Miami after 5 seasons. He had already expressed his desire to coach the expansion Jaguars. He was leaving with or without Jerry’s consent after that second Super Bowl.

Yet it was Jimmy who delivered for Jerry and built one of the best all time teams in such a short period of time. I always thought it was funny Jerry said after his fight with Jimmy that just about anyone's grandmother could coach and manage America's team moving forward. Yeah, Switzer got lucky riding on the backs of Jimmy's team at the end of the ride, but everything began to unravel immediately. We all know that team should have one more than 3 chips and we also know the real reason why they didn't win more. IMHO I believe Jimmy should be in the Cowboy's Ring Of Honor. Just saying.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#249 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:39 pm

Mr B wrote:

Does Jerry still do his weekly radio and press conference shing dings anymore? I mean this is not like Jerry at all to be this quiet about anything. I'm starting to wonder if Jerry has passed away and nobody is telling us anything. Is Dan Quinn and will McClay calling the shots this whole off season? :thinking: :gossip: :dontknow:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#250 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:38 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Does Jerry still do his weekly radio and press conference shing dings anymore? I mean this is not like Jerry at all to be this quiet about anything. I'm starting to wonder if Jerry has passed away and nobody is telling us anything. Is Dan Quinn and will McClay calling the shots this whole off season? :thinking: :gossip: :dontknow:

He only does that during the season. But yea every Monday he goes on with The Fan.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#251 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:02 pm

Mr B wrote:

So you don't think Jimmy is deserving of Cowboy's Ring Of Honor based on his short time with the Cowboys? Some cowboy fans in my neck of the woods feel that way. Personally I could careless one way or another. Just wanted to throw it out there to see if anyone gave a damn about it. Landry went to back to back championships and Super bowls a few times but never won back to back. Jimmy is the only coach in our team history to do it which is the argument on the other side.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#252 » by Mr B » Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:57 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

So you don't think Jimmy is deserving of Cowboy's Ring Of Honor based on his short time with the Cowboys? Some cowboy fans in my neck of the woods feel that way. Personally I could careless one way or another. Just wanted to throw it out there to see if anyone gave a damn about it. Landry went to back to back championships and Super bowls a few times but never won back to back. Jimmy is the only coach in our team history to do it which is the argument on the other side.

I never said that. Jimmy obviously belongs n the ROH. I was just making a point that Jimmy would not have won 3 rings in a row because he was dead set on leaving with or without Jerry’s permission. He was done in Dallas and wanted to get back to Florida.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#253 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:31 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Jimmy wouldn’t have 3 Rings if it wasn’t for Jerry. No doubt Jerry was part of the reason Jimmy left but Jimmy was going to leave anyways. Look at Jimmy’s history. He never stayed at 1 job longer than 5 years. Even when he won a Championship in college he left Miami after 5 seasons. He had already expressed his desire to coach the expansion Jaguars. He was leaving with or without Jerry’s consent after that second Super Bowl.

I never said that. Jimmy obviously belongs n the ROH. I was just making a point that Jimmy would not have won 3 rings in a row because he was dead set on leaving with or without Jerry’s permission. He was done in Dallas and wanted to get back to Florida.

But how can we say for sure Jerry would have 3 chips today if it really wasn't for Jimmy?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#254 » by Mr B » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:05 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:So you don't think Jimmy is deserving of Cowboy's Ring Of Honor based on his short time with the Cowboys? Some cowboy fans in my neck of the woods feel that way. Personally I could careless one way or another. Just wanted to throw it out there to see if anyone gave a damn about it. Landry went to back to back championships and Super bowls a few times but never won back to back. Jimmy is the only coach in our team history to do it which is the argument on the other side.

But how can we say for sure Jerry would have 3 chips today if it really wasn't for Jimmy?

Jerry wouldn’t have the 3 rings if it wasn’t for Jimmy. He built those teams. That’s why Jimmy belongs on the ROH.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#255 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:53 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:I never said that. Jimmy obviously belongs n the ROH. I was just making a point that Jimmy would not have won 3 rings in a row because he was dead set on leaving with or without Jerry’s permission. He was done in Dallas and wanted to get back to Florida.

Jerry wouldn’t have the 3 rings if it wasn’t for Jimmy. He built those teams. That’s why Jimmy belongs on the ROH.

That was the point I was trying to make in the first place.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#256 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat May 6, 2023 2:34 pm

Damn is Jerry starting to age and go downhill quickly. Always looks like he had a rough night in the back of his limo with a bunch of hookers.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,451

Post#257 » by Cactus Jack » Sat May 6, 2023 3:49 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Damn is Jerry starting to age and go downhill quickly. Always looks like he had a rough night in the back of his limo with a bunch of hookers.

Jerry is 80 & eats McDonald's. He's lucky to still be around.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Mr B
RealGM

Post#258 » by Mr B » Sat May 6, 2023 4:30 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Damn is Jerry starting to age and go downhill quickly. Always looks like he had a rough night in the back of his limo with a bunch of hookers.

Jerry is 80 & eats McDonald's. He's lucky to still be around.

Not to mention probably has Johnny Walker Blue on tap in his helicopter.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#259 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:14 pm

Noticed Jerry carefully chose his words this year at his first training camp press conference. Instead of his usual Cowboys will be contenders, Jerry said, "We could be contenders" this year.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#260 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:04 pm

Yet he doesn't take care of his best offensive player. Yet over pays guys like Zeke and Dak who bring hardly nothing to the table.

Return to Dallas Cowboys