ImageImageImageImage

Jerry... Jerry... Jerry...

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,242

Re: Jerry... Jerry... Jerry... 

Post#61 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:37 pm

Mr B wrote:I don't think it's had any negative affect on Dak. If anything it's probably made him work harder. Dak hasn't shown anything that would suggest he's thin skinned.

I'm anxious to see how he responds tonight. I hope you and Otis are right and I shouldn't have anything to worry about. The curse of Jerry has always bothered me for years now.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,001

Post#62 » by Mr B » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:54 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:I don't think it's had any negative affect on Dak. If anything it's probably made him work harder. Dak hasn't shown anything that would suggest he's thin skinned.

I'm anxious to see how he responds tonight. I hope you and Otis are right and I shouldn't have anything to worry about. The curse of Jerry has always bothered me for years now.

I wouldn't expect a huge game from Dak as far as yards because Tampa has a very good defense with a really good pass rush. What I'm looking for him to be better at is his accuracy and his 3rd down conversion %. I've been hearing that Tampa's run defense is suspect though. So hopefully Zeke can have a huge game. We're going to see McFadden tonight too. I believe Morris will be inactive.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#63 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:20 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Time for Jerry to go on a cruise. I guess there are already rumblings with Jerry and his war room staff. Everyone wants Ramsey except Jerry. He wants Elliot.

Am I a fool or what? :lol:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#64 » by Mr B » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:18 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Time for Jerry to go on a cruise. I guess there are already rumblings with Jerry and his war room staff. Everyone wants Ramsey except Jerry. He wants Elliot.

Am I a fool or what? :lol:

We really should be listening to you more often.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#65 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:06 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:We are in a great spot to be honest. I wish we could get both Ramsey and Elliot. Mr. B makes a great case for Elliot, and I really do like the look on offensive going into next season if we take him. Hopefully we do go defense though. I'm currently petrified at our current defense and the position we are in. My first choice DT is very deep in this draft and the best player Myles Jack has Red flag knee issue. So I'm caving in and going with Ramsey. WE need defense guys. We have only 4 or 5 players tops on our team.

Hey Jack. I went back in an old draft and found this. Thought you might like.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#66 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:09 pm

Mr B wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Trust in Will McClay.

That's where I hang my hat...

Will McClay is the sole reason I would not be upset if they decided to go with Carson Wentz at #4. After studying him and working with him at the Senior Bowl and the Combine, if they decided that is their guy I would not be upset if they picked him even though most people think he's more of a middle 1st rounder.

Jerry has said himself that McClay is the main reason this team drafted Travis Fredrick. Everyone else in the NFL had Fredrick going in the 2nd or 3rd round. McClay did his homework and knew better. Fredrick isn't even 5 years into his career and is already a 2 time All Pro. If McClay believes Wentz will be a Pro Bowl QB (or even All Pro) then I trust him.

Are you sure you would not be upset today if we took Wentz? :lol: :lol:
Mr B
RealGM

Jerry... Jerry... Jerry... 

Post#67 » by Mr B » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:15 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:
That's where I hang my hat...

Will McClay is the sole reason I would not be upset if they decided to go with Carson Wentz at #4. After studying him and working with him at the Senior Bowl and the Combine, if they decided that is their guy I would not be upset if they picked him even though most people think he's more of a middle 1st rounder.

Jerry has said himself that McClay is the main reason this team drafted Travis Fredrick. Everyone else in the NFL had Fredrick going in the 2nd or 3rd round. McClay did his homework and knew better. Fredrick isn't even 5 years into his career and is already a 2 time All Pro. If McClay believes Wentz will be a Pro Bowl QB (or even All Pro) then I trust him.

I said if Will McClay thought it was a good idea I would be all for it. The Eagles saved the Cowboys from that mistake.

So Would you rather have Wentz or Zeke because that’s who we ended up with instead of Wentz.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#68 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:18 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

I said if Will McClay thought it was a good idea I would be all for it. The Eagles saved the Cowboys from that mistake.

So Would you rather have Wentz or Zeke because that’s who we ended up with instead of Wentz.

I do remember I didn't like any of the QB's in that draft. I do remember Jerry liking Paxton Lynch but I don't know what ever happened to him. If my choice was between Wentz and Zeke I have to be honest with you, I would have taken Elliot. However I still would have taken Buckner or Ramsey over any of them. You know how I was back then. Horny for defense.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,425

Post#69 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:31 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:We are in a great spot to be honest. I wish we could get both Ramsey and Elliot. Mr. B makes a great case for Elliot, and I really do like the look on offensive going into next season if we take him. Hopefully we do go defense though. I'm currently petrified at our current defense and the position we are in. My first choice DT is very deep in this draft and the best player Myles Jack has Red flag knee issue. So I'm caving in and going with Ramsey. WE need defense guys. We have only 4 or 5 players tops on our team.

Read on Twitter
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#70 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:15 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Read on Twitter

I don't understand why Jerry still talks so much smack talk to this day with his record and history of dealing with draft picks. :crazy: :ouch: :curse: :devil:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#71 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:24 pm

Once again. At least Jerry is consistent. Draft is not his forte. He **** up once again. Between this pick, the Elliot contract, Making Dak they guy and bringing in McCarthy, he has set our Team back another 5 years.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#72 » by Mr B » Sun May 1, 2022 2:49 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Once again. At least Jerry is consistent. Draft is not his forte. He **** up once again. Between this pick, the Elliot contract, Making Dak they guy and bringing in McCarthy, he has set our Team back another 5 years.

Kind of hard to say he **** up when we don’t know what the players he drafted become. What if the two tackles he drafted become the bookend tackles for several year? What if Jalen Tolbert becomes Michael Gallup? What if Damone Clark becomes an All Pro level LB once he gets healthy? Will you still say he **** up?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#73 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun May 1, 2022 10:21 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Once again. At least Jerry is consistent. Draft is not his forte. He **** up once again. Between this pick, the Elliot contract, Making Dak they guy and bringing in McCarthy, he has set our Team back another 5 years.

Kind of hard to say he **** up when we don’t know what the players he drafted become. What if the two tackles he drafted become the bookend tackles for several year? What if Jalen Tolbert becomes Michael Gallup? What if Damone Clark becomes an All Pro level LB once he gets healthy? Will you still say he **** up?

A lot of ifs in there. A lot of ifs the past 26 years. My hope ran out about 7 years ago. Of course I hope I'm wrong on this one but I doubt it. Things will be much different next season, especially on defense. Would you bet on it?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#74 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri May 6, 2022 5:02 pm

Jerry in a auto accident a couple days ago and taken to a hospital. Accident took place very near a sketchy area known for hookers, etc. No Comment outside the fact Jerry was acting and behaving as a red flag player. Like player, like owner.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#75 » by Mr B » Fri May 6, 2022 5:19 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Jerry in a auto accident a couple days ago and taken to a hospital. Accident took place very near a sketchy area known for hookers, etc. No Comment outside the fact Jerry was acting and behaving as a red flag player. Like player, like owner.

It also took place near Love Field where he keeps his helicopter. There’s video of the accident. Much worse than what they reported.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,425

Post#76 » by Cactus Jack » Fri May 6, 2022 5:53 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Jerry in a auto accident a couple days ago and taken to a hospital. Accident took place very near a sketchy area known for hookers, etc. No Comment outside the fact Jerry was acting and behaving as a red flag player. Like player, like owner.

It also took place near Love Field where he keeps his helicopter. There’s video of the accident. Much worse than what they reported.

You ain't kidding. He's very lucky.

Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#77 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri May 6, 2022 6:12 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:

You ain't kidding. He's very lucky.

Watching the video, it's pretty clear that the vehicle he hit was making a left turn from the outside lane. Having spent more than a little time on Harry Hines over the last year-plus visiting UT Southwestern hospital, I can tell you that happens a lot more than it should. Lots of morons on that road.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#78 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri May 6, 2022 7:18 pm

And for the record, that’s not the “sketchy” part of Harry Hines. The “sketchy” part is a few miles north of where this occurred at Harry Hines & Wolf. I bash Jerry at will but not for this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#79 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri May 6, 2022 7:49 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:And for the record, that’s not the “sketchy” part of Harry Hines. The “sketchy” part is a few miles north of where this occurred at Harry Hines & Wolf. I bash Jerry at will but not for this.

Just reporting what was reported on a local Boston sports network. Of course they were having a ball with it in Patriot nation. Actually one of the guys talking about the story said it was a street right next to were prostitution took place.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#80 » by Mr B » Sat May 7, 2022 5:19 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:And for the record, that’s not the “sketchy” part of Harry Hines. The “sketchy” part is a few miles north of where this occurred at Harry Hines & Wolf. I bash Jerry at will but not for this.

Just reporting what was reported on a local Boston sports network. Of course they were having a ball with it in Patriot nation. Actually one of the guys talking about the story said it was a street right next to were prostitution took place.

Prostitution definitely takes place on Harry Hines just not that part.

Return to Dallas Cowboys