Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,010

Dez Confirms Sitout 

Post#1 » by Mr B » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:07 pm

Dez Bryant (@DezBryant)
7/13/15, 1:55 PM
As much as I love football...on my beautiful babies.. I apologize #cowboynation but I will not be there if no deal #fact

I say Sitout and not Holdout because after July 15th (Wednesday) the rules prohibit him from signing a contract until next March. And honestly, if he sits out games the Cowboys should let him sit all season or as long as he wants and then Franchise him again next off season and look into trading him.

I said last off season that I bet the Raiders would be willing to give up 2 First round picks for Dez. The Jags would also likely be willing to do the same. With those two picks you can draft a replacement for Dez (Raiders or Jags would likely be top 10 picks), and draft a stud MLB.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Re: Dez Confirms Sitout 

Post#2 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:51 pm

Let's see who else sits out...
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,271

Post#3 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:24 pm

I've hated this since day one. Even before we traded Murray. It doesn't surprise me at all we are at this point. I hate this, hate this, hate this. Never liked being held hostage by WR's or CB's. It never works out.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:20 pm

I still say - he's there Week 1. If he isn't, then he is getting some absolutely absurd advice.

Once Wednesday passes, he has absolutely ZERO leverage. All he does is lose money.
ckais51
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#5 » by ckais51 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:48 pm

Both sides just have to MAN up and find a breaking point where both are happy. I think best deal is 4 year, 42M dollar deal with built in incentives and for money to be made on back side of contract even thought its garaunteed. Stephen and Jerry cannot lose a calibur player like Dez. He is heart and soul of offense.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:27 pm

Per David Moore 10 minutes ago...

"Both sides are working toward an agreement..."
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:39 pm

Schmoopy1000
Junior
And1: 18

Post#8 » by Schmoopy1000 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:47 am

70 mil is way better than the over 150+ mil that was rumored he was wanting.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:16 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:70 mil is way better than the over 150+ mil that was rumored he was wanting.

Proving once again that rumors about Dez can get a little blown out of proportion. Esepcially when jackasses like Ian Rapoport report yesterday morning that Dez and the Cowboys were so far apart there was little chance of coming to an agreement when in fact they had already arrived at a general agreement at around 3:00 AM.

How that fool still has a job is beyond me.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#10 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:32 pm

Now that we have this issue resolved, its time to get to work and see what kind of team we are going to be this upcoming season. I think we will throw more this year than last. Beasley and Williams could have big years. Nevertheless, I hope we still pound the ball a lot and are effective doing do. Don't know exactly what you all think, but its hard to get a full grip on our offense and running game when we don't know who the big cheese it yet. I haven't quite made up my mind yet, but leaning towards Randall.
Defensively, I believe we will improve on last year's improvements and be a better defense. If Sean Lee stays healthy, we could have a great year. My concern still is DT and how we defend the running game. If we don't defend the running game we could be in serious trouble this year. A lot of ground and pound smash mouth teams we play this year in the NFC east and AFC east.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:38 pm

I heard a perspective last week that held some value for me when it comes to the running game. No way we are as good as last season... and really, we don't have to be. We just need to be productive. However that comes to fruition... if we can maintain a reasonably consistent running game when we need it, the offense will be just fine.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#12 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:52 pm

I believe we will throw more this upcoming season. Love our receivers. Beasley could have a big year. He really impressed me down the stretch last year. I bet we use him more. I expect Dez to get big time attention this year. And if Williams gets better in his growth, look out.

Return to Dallas Cowboys