ImageImageImageImage

George: Will DeMarcus Lawrence's switch to other side of line unlock production Cowboys expect of him?

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,975

George: Will DeMarcus Lawrence's switch to other side of line unlock production Cowboys expect of him? 

Post#1 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:39 pm

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20150719-george-will-demarcus-lawrence-s-switch-to-other-side-of-line-unlock-production-cowboys-expect-of-him.ece

Good article... some excerpts.

The Cowboys traded up in the 2014 draft to select Lawrence in the second round (34th overall) because they believed he was the last elite pass-rusher available and didn’t want to miss the opportunity to add a difference-maker.

But Lawrence wasn’t the player the Cowboys envisioned because of the injury he suffered in one of the first training camp practices while working one-on-one against left tackle Tyron Smith.

By all accounts, Lawrence has been dominant this offseason. Even Cowboys Hall of Famer Randy White liked what he saw of Lawrence at a recent practice.

“I tell you what, the guy can move like a cat,” White said. “He’s pretty impressive out there. He can be a game-changer out there if he can continue to improve and play the way he did at the end of last year. I think he’s going to be a great player for them.”

Added Cowboys veteran defensive end Jeremy Mincey: “He’s looking spectacular right now.”
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,294

Re: George: Will DeMarcus Lawrence's switch to other side of line unlock production Cowboys expect of him? 

Post#2 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:20 pm

I'm way more concerned how we are going to defend the run this year.

Return to Dallas Cowboys