Moderator: Texas Chuck

Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Re: Egal Week !!! 

Post#21 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:38 pm

Only two things pissed me off last. Ought:

1 - Special Teams. They were putrid.
2 - The stupid play calling at the end of the first half. Just run the damn ball for crying out loud!

Other than that - I tip my hat to the Iggles. And - I tip my hat to Marinelli. The defense made plays when we needed them. That was some pretty good work in the 4th quarter.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,233

Post#22 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Nov 1, 2016 6:39 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:Only two things pissed me off last. Ought:

2 - The stupid play calling at the end of the first half. Just run the damn ball for crying out loud!

Other than that - I tip my hat to the Iggles. And - I tip my hat to Marinelli. The defense made plays when we needed them. That was some pretty good work in the 4th quarter.

I thought we were sloppy on offense for 3 quarters. That int just before half that took 7 points from us and then the Egals getting 3. Well, I thought that was going to come back and bite us in the ass on that one. Did you see how wide open Beasley was? I've only seen Prescott make only 6 bad throws, and that was one of them. Not sure if it was a bad throw or just a bad decision, lol. All I saw was triple coverage.
The only other thing that really pissed me off was just before the 4th quarter ended. A quick 3 and out and we still gave Philly 1:13 left with the ball. I wanted to throw my t.v. out the window. 3 straight blitzes and no adjustments. No draws, screens or bubble screens. Fortunately we did get the ball back, however Philly dialed up 3 more blitzes and wow, its over time. So 6 straight blitzes on 2 series, and not one adjustment by our coaching staff.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#23 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Nov 1, 2016 6:56 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:Only two things pissed me off last. Ought:

I thought we were sloppy on offense for 3 quarters. That int just before half that took 7 points from us and then the Egals getting 3. Well, I thought that was going to come back and bite us in the ass on that one. Did you see how wide open Beasley was? I've only seen Prescott make only 6 bad throws, and that was one of them. Not sure if it was a bad throw or just a bad decision, lol. All I saw was triple coverage.
The only other thing that really pissed me off was just before the 4th quarter ended. A quick 3 and out and we still gave Philly 1:13 left with the ball. I wanted to throw my t.v. out the window. 3 straight blitzes and no adjustments. No draws, screens or bubble screens. Fortunately we did get the ball back, however Philly dialed up 3 more blitzes and wow, its over time. So 6 straight blitzes on 2 series, and not one adjustment by our coaching staff.

Wasn't the coaching staff. I just finished reading up on those plays. Eagles went to a "Cover 0" and just sold out on the blitz. Problem was on at least two of them receivers misread things and damn near ran into each other.

If you aren't blocked from the Dallas Morning News website, this article has some good details on some of the plays that drove you and my nuts. Good read and good analysis.

Why I'm not sure Cowboys would've beaten Eagles without a QB like Dak Prescott
http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2016/11/01/sturm-decoding-linehan-education-dak-prescott-continues
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#24 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:39 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:Lots of noise on Twitter right now... about Alshon Jeffery to the Eagles.

Your ears where correct, :wink:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#25 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:02 pm

Get the brooms out. Going for the sweep :clap: :onfire: :wizard: :cowboy: after an earlier crush,

Return to Dallas Cowboys