ImageImageImageImage

Are The Cowboy's Doomed This Season?

Moderator: Texas Chuck

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Re: Are The Cowboy's Doomed This Season? 

Post#61 » by HMFFL » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:32 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Nevertheless, I hope I'm wrong, but I really think we are in for a very long, hurtful and frustrating year, especially if Romo goes down.

Vegas has us at over or under 9.5 wins.
Majority of the money is on the under.
However, that being said, I believe we're being projected at that win total due to the division games.
I won't be surprised if we start the season off 3-1 and with the loss being against NYG or Washington.
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect
And1: 76

Post#62 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:39 pm

is that why its so quiet lately?

the Cowboys lost to the Rams....

lol yes, I agree its only preseason...but its a fishy occurrence
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#63 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:27 am

LOL!

Rams.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,242

Post#64 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:07 am

Well, back from my 8 day vacation. Had to get it in before football season starts. Looks like we have a new troll.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#65 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:37 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Well, back from my 8 day vacation. Had to get it in before football season starts. Looks like we have a new troll.

I find trolls entertaining. Especially when their team sucks.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#66 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:06 pm

Roadhog Moran wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Well, back from my 8 day vacation. Had to get it in before football season starts. Looks like we have a new troll.

Especially this one. I've been in the general forum quite a bit the pat few weeks. When you get a chance, go in and catch up. And yes, its very entertaining to the point you almost wet yourself, lol.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#67 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:07 pm

He's said he gave up drugs etc., but I think he is still drinking the bong water.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#68 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:43 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:

Especially this one. I've been in the general forum quite a bit the pat few weeks. When you get a chance, go in and catch up. And yes, its very entertaining to the point you almost wet yourself, lol.

Took a look the other day. May have to dedicate a little time there once the season starts.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#69 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:06 pm

I spend quite a bit of time there. Its quite enjoyable for the most part. Wish we could attract a dozen new Cowboy fans in here though.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#70 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:57 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Nevertheless, I hope I'm wrong, but I really think we are in for a very long, hurtful and frustrating year, especially if Romo goes down.
I have to admit guys, aside from what I saw of Claiborne, I was most impressed with Prescott.
This is the most comfortable I've been with our back up QB in 3 or 4 years now. I was also extremely impressed with Morris and that 6th round RB we got in the 6th round. No concerns on offense here, although It would be nice to have a compliment to Witten and another WR step up a bit.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#71 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:17 am

There was another reason why I really started this thread many months ago.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#72 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:40 pm

Only reason for "doom" is that massive salary cap hit we're gonna eat if Romo has to retire. Because... it's massive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#73 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:55 pm

Roadhog Moran wrote:Only reason for "doom" is that massive salary cap hit we're gonna eat if Romo has to retire. Because... it's massive.
Hey Roadhog. You remember about 3 or 4 years ago when we were at the hoop before some of us got banned or just left the sight? Do you remember all the heat I took when I said D. Ware was over rated and the Cowboys should blow up the team, get out of salary cap hell and rebuild from scratch? I would love know to go back just for 10 minutes now and let them all have it. It appears I would have been right back then and we would be much better off now and deeper today, if we would have started then.

Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#74 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:20 pm

You and I both know those nimrods would just belittle you with no logic or rationale. It's what they do.

Although, in fairness - when he goes into the HOF it'll be as a Cowboy. And make no mistake - he's going in.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#75 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:42 pm

Roadhog Moran wrote:You and I both know those nimrods would just belittle you with no logic or rationale. It's what they do.

Although, in fairness - when he goes into the HOF it'll be as a Cowboy. And make no mistake - he's going in.

I believe Witten will most definitely be a hall of famer. He will be the first and only HOF however without a ring. Romo, sorry, I must disagree with you here and I don't often disagree with you on much at all, but IMHO, Romo is no hall of famer.

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,377

Post#76 » by bwgood77 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:48 pm

I don't think Romo is a Hall of Famer but I do think he is underrated. A lot of people like to point to him as the scapegoat for lost games, but in many games, they would have never been in it if not for him.

I remember a few years ago when Manning was just lighting the league on fire in Denver and they were crushing everyone...Romo kept pace with them the whole game and I was super impressed. I think near the end he threw an int or something, but without him, they are never in a position to even have a chance to win at all.

It's too bad he's injured though.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#77 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:51 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:You and I both know those nimrods would just belittle you with no logic or rationale. It's what they do.

I believe Witten will most definitely be a hall of famer. He will be the first and only however without a ring. Romo, sorry, I must disagree with you here and I don't often disagree with you on much at all, but IMHO, Romo is no hall of famer.

Not Romo.

Ware.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#78 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:56 pm

I know I'm in the huge minority here, but D. Ware is easily one of the all time top 5 Cowboy players that is severely over rated. JMO though. You already know how I feel about him over the years so I won't repeat myself to you.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#79 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:17 pm

bwgood77 wrote:I don't think Romo is a Hall of Famer but I do think he is underrated. A lot of people like to point to him as the scapegoat for lost games, but in many games, they would have never been in it if not for him.

I remember a few years ago when Manning was just lighting the league on fire in Denver and they were crushing everyone...Romo kept pace with them the whole game and I was super impressed. I think near the end he threw an int or something, but without him, they are never in a position to even have a chance to win at all.

He's no Danny White... who is still massively underrated. And it's a damn shame Tony can't stay healthy. This particular team might be best suited to him right now with the running game we have the ability to offer.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,377

Post#80 » by bwgood77 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:37 pm

Roadhog Moran wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:I don't think Romo is a Hall of Famer but I do think he is underrated. A lot of people like to point to him as the scapegoat for lost games, but in many games, they would have never been in it if not for him.

He's no Danny White... who is still massively underrated. And it's a damn shame Tony can't stay healthy. This particular team might be best suited to him right now with the running game we have the ability to offer.

I know Danny White well. Heard a lot about him since I grew up in Phx and he went to Arizona St (though before I was able to watch football) but I think part of the reason he is underrated is because he followed Staubach who is pretty much a legend among Cowboys fans.

Now since I live in Austin I get all the Cowboys and Texans games I see quite a bit of them. I'll be interested to see how Elliott does. Dak Prescott was impressive too so they will probably be ok in that division.

Return to Dallas Cowboys