ImageImageImageImage

Green Bay Packers.

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,322

Green Bay Packers. 

Post#1 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Nov 9, 2015 9:41 pm

Forget the fact they haven't looked good the past 2 weeks. Its not the purpose or point of this thread. I'm looking in to why, despite injuries, etc., why other teams rebound and stay relevant, and we don't. I know some injuries can not be over come, but other teams have come into our playhouse the past few years and whipped us with QB's that have no business in winning. And I know we have had many bad contracts and been in salary cap hell for 4 years now.
But when I look at the long term success the Packers have had 7 years I found something intriguing when I look at their Rosters over this time. Like this year's Packers team, they only have around 3 or 4 free agents. They are built through the draft now for almost a decade now. There used to be a franchise That followed this Tom Landry model. Have the times sure changed.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,975

Re: Green Bay Packers. 

Post#2 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:35 pm

It helps that they play in a fairly "sad sack" division. Like the Patriots, they competition from within is usually weak. I know we are pretty provincial when it comes to the NFC East and our bunk mates there but even the most ardent hated has to admit - it's a wide open division in the best and worst of times.

Right now - I'd say it's the latter of the two.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#3 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:25 am

Roadhog Moran wrote:It helps that they play in a fairly "sad sack" division. Like the Patriots, they competition from within is usually weak. I know we are pretty provincial when it comes to the NFC East and our bunk mates there but even the most ardent hated has to admit - it's a wide open division in the best and worst of times.

I can't disagree with anything at all you just said. I just think we have dug ourselves a hole too deep to get out of. Also, if Sean Lee can't play and stay healthy, our defense usually gets shredded no matter what the offense does. Remember the Atlanta game?
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:06 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:It helps that they play in a fairly "sad sack" division. Like the Patriots, they competition from within is usually weak. I know we are pretty provincial when it comes to the NFC East and our bunk mates there but even the most ardent hated has to admit - it's a wide open division in the best and worst of times.

I can't disagree with anything at all you just said. I just think we have dug ourselves a hole too deep to get out of. Also, if Sean Lee can't play and stay healthy, our defense usually gets shredded no matter what the offense does. Remember the Atlanta game?

All too well. Just one damn stop... all they needed... and it never happened.

Lee had better be available tomorrow... and had sure as hell better be available Thursday. That team showing up for Thanksgiving is the real damn deal - in every phase of the game.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#5 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:18 pm

It also help to have the best QB in the conference.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:08 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

It also help to have the best QB in the conference.

That doesn't hurt either.

Return to Dallas Cowboys