State of Cowboys Union?

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,438

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#1001 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Jun 2, 2023 7:28 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:If we give Dak an extension this will phuck over the franchise for another 5 years and you can forget about any super bowl appearance for the next decade. Talk about a slap in the face to Dan Quinn, Micah parsons and the defense and all the very good talent we have acquired the past 3 years. Dan Quinn will have a championship defense when he takes over the team next year. He's not gonna want that bum ruining what he and McClay have built. If they do that I will torch my blue room and burn over $20,000 of vintage memorabilia, jerseys, Cards, etc,. Its extremely hard to remain loyal and support such stupidity. I would be done. Done.
It may not be feasible, but things can happen and/or shake out after next season for an opportunity. I believe nothing is impossible if you really want to win. Money can change hands, deals can be made and billionare owners can make anything happen.

If that's how you feel, then you should stop watching if it affects you that negatively. This **** is suppose to be fun at the very least.

At the end of the day, it's all just entertainment. You have the option of being a participant in it.

If I don't like how an organization that I support is being run, then I'm not going to waste my time. Why should anyone?
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,282

Post#1002 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Jun 2, 2023 7:42 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:If we give Dak an extension this will phuck over the franchise for another 5 years and you can forget about any super bowl appearance for the next decade. Talk about a slap in the face to Dan Quinn, Micah parsons and the defense and all the very good talent we have acquired the past 3 years. Dan Quinn will have a championship defense when he takes over the team next year. He's not gonna want that bum ruining what he and McClay have built. If they do that I will torch my blue room and burn over $20,000 of vintage memorabilia, jerseys, Cards, etc,. Its extremely hard to remain loyal and support such stupidity. I would be done. Done.
It may not be feasible, but things can happen and/or shake out after next season for an opportunity. I believe nothing is impossible if you really want to win. Money can change hands, deals can be made and billionare owners can make anything happen.

If that's how you feel, then you should stop watching if it affects you that negatively. This **** is suppose to fun at the very least.

At the end of the day, it's all just entertainment. You have the option of being a participant in it.

If I don't like how an organization that I support is being run, then I'm not going to waste my time. Why should anyone?

Oh no, I love the NFL. Even though I've been a Cowboy Fan for 54 years, doesn't mean I don't enjoy watching all the other games and there are a couple of other teams I've always like to watch and follow. After being brought up and raised in the 70's, I never thought in a million years we would ever go 28 years without a Super Bowl. Just never could imagine that. Now that it has happened maybe I'm at an eternal cross roads with myself. Don't know. On top of that, fantasy football more than takes the edge off when the Cowboys have a bad year. Actually I've done very well in fantasy the past few years. Over all it is super fun for me. Its just not fun watching the Cowboys choke for almost 3 decades now. Maybe the cure isn't watching the cowboy games anymore after I sell everything off in my blue room and buying a brand new water ski boat and wave runner.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#1003 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Jun 2, 2023 7:53 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

If that's how you feel, then you should stop watching if it affects you that negatively. This **** is suppose to fun at the very least.

Your not a Cowboy fan or have a dog in the hunt. Would you be supportive of how the Cowboys have been run the past two decades? Maybe an outside voice can bring merit to this discussion.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#1004 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Jun 2, 2023 8:21 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Your not a Cowboy fan or have a dog in the hunt. Would you be supportive of how the Cowboys have been run the past two decades? Maybe an outside voice can bring merit to this discussion.

Jerry has built a great business. But I wouldn't fully endorse how he runs things from a Football decision making perspective. An owner should not also be the GM.

Ken Behring bought the Seahawks in 1988 & was a terrible owner. The team was awful for the ten years that he owned the team. So I completely comprehend how a bad owner can ruin everything. Not that Jerry is a bad owner necessarily, he just gets in his own way sometimes.

I stopped supporting the Mariners because of cheap ownership, that was only driven by money. Any sports team/business should earn your time & dedication, not the other way around. Fans can be too loyal for their own good. :wink:

If you don't like how the team is being run, then stop supporting it. Especially if the decisions being made are constantly making you miserable as a fan. It should be a fairly easy decision on your part.

Lastly, I don't blame Washington fans for deciding to boycott that team for as long as Snyder has owned it. He's a **** & not deserving of anyone's support.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#1005 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jun 3, 2023 12:18 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:If that's how you feel, then you should stop watching if it affects you that negatively. This **** is suppose to fun at the very least.

Jerry has built a great business. But I wouldn't fully endorse how he runs things from a Football decision making perspective. An owner should not also be the GM.

Ken Behring bought the Seahawks in 1988 & was a terrible owner. The team was awful for the ten years that he owned the team. So I completely comprehend how a bad owner can ruin everything. Not that Jerry is a bad owner necessarily, he just gets in his own way sometimes.

I stopped supporting the Mariners because of cheap ownership, that was only driven by money. Any sports team/business should earn your time & dedication, not the other way around. Fans can be too loyal for their own good. :wink:

If you don't like how the team is being run, then stop supporting it. Especially if the decisions being made are constantly making you miserable as a fan. It should be a fairly easy decision on your part.

Lastly, I don't blame Washington fans for deciding to boycott that team for as long as Snyder has owned it. He's a **** & not deserving of anyone's support.

Bingo. We need a real football mind at GM. Been screaming about that one since 2002.
Its getting close to that if I am truely honest with myself. Its very hard to turn your back on a franchise you've been having sex with for 54 years since I was old enough to have sex. :wink: Thing is I really love this team and I also believe we finally have a championship defense for the first time in almost 3 decades. Problem is I hate McCarthy and loathe Dak and have absolutely no faith in either one of them. As far as Jerry goes, his brain is mush when it comes to football. His man pussy stinks and is worn out. Worn out so bad that he now has bat wings and nobody wants it anymore.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,018

Post#1006 » by Mr B » Sat Jun 3, 2023 4:19 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Read on Twitter

Well... hopefully Gilmore shows Diggs what it takes to get to one. Because that effort he gave against SF in the playoffs ain't gonna get it done.

Yeah I love Diggs but I hope we do not give him a big contract.

We need to save our money for CeeDee and then Parsons who is going to get QB money.

Personally I think they do resign Diggs but regardless if they do or not they may have found another CB gem in the 6th round in Eric Scott Jr. Apparently he made some noise in the OTA’s and even got some time starting with the 1’s. Even got a pick off Dak (dropped pass by Schoonmaker).

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=3KaI_3QT7XTTm5N8gt4yQg

Diggs, Gilmore, Lewis, Bland, and Scott, that’s a pretty solid CB room.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#1007 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jun 3, 2023 4:22 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Well... hopefully Gilmore shows Diggs what it takes to get to one. Because that effort he gave against SF in the playoffs ain't gonna get it done.

Yeah I love Diggs but I hope we do not give him a big contract.

We need to save our money for CeeDee and then Parsons who is going to get QB money.

Personally I think they do resign Diggs but regardless if they do or not they may have found another CB gem in the 6th round in Eric Scott Jr. Apparently he made some noise in the OTA’s and even got some time starting with the 1’s. Even got a pick off Dak (dropped pass by Schoonmaker).

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=3KaI_3QT7XTTm5N8gt4yQg

Diggs, Gilmore, Lewis, Bland, and Scott, that’s a pretty solid CB room.

Already !! :lol: :rofl: :ouch: :falloff:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#1008 » by Mr B » Sat Jun 3, 2023 4:24 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Your not a Cowboy fan or have a dog in the hunt. Would you be supportive of how the Cowboys have been run the past two decades? Maybe an outside voice can bring merit to this discussion.

Bingo. We need a real football mind at GM. Been screaming about that one since 2002.
Its getting close to that if I am truely honest with myself. Its very hard to turn your back on a franchise you've been having sex with for 54 years since I was old enough to have sex. :wink: Thing is I really love this team and I also believe we finally have a championship defense for the first time in almost 3 decades. Problem is I hate McCarthy and loathe Dak and have absolutely no faith in either one of them. As far as Jerry goes, his brain is mush when it comes to football. His man pussy stinks and is worn out. Worn out so bad that he now has bat wings and nobody wants it anymore.

Jerry is really the GM in name only. McClay is the actual GM in the duties he does for the team. Jerry doesn’t even sign the checks anymore. Obviously he does still have a big voice but this team is being run and built by Stephen and Will McClay.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#1009 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jun 3, 2023 4:26 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Jerry has built a great business. But I wouldn't fully endorse how he runs things from a Football decision making perspective. An owner should not also be the GM.

Jerry is really the GM in name only. McClay is the actual GM in the duties he does for the team. Jerry doesn’t even sign the checks anymore. Obviously he does still have a big voice but this team is being run and built by Stephen and Will McClay.

So when do Stephen and Will McClay get a say on head coach and QB?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#1010 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Jun 3, 2023 4:53 pm

Mr B wrote:Jerry is really the GM in name only. McClay is the actual GM in the duties he does for the team. Jerry doesn’t even sign the checks anymore. Obviously he does still have a big voice but this team is being run and built by Stephen and Will McClay.

The fact that he's given himself that title is part of the problem. :wink:

He has to be involved in every decision. How many owners speak after games & at every official press conference? David Tepper might be the only other owner who is that starved for attention.

He wants credit.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#1011 » by Mr B » Sun Jun 4, 2023 2:05 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Bingo. We need a real football mind at GM. Been screaming about that one since 2002.

They had a say in the McCarthy hiring and when Dak was drafted and when Dak was originally resigned. Stephen is the reason it took so long to give Dak his second contract. If it were up to Jerry he likely would have resign Dak immediately (which would have saved the Cowboys tens of millions of dollars).
Mr B
RealGM

Post#1012 » by Mr B » Sun Jun 4, 2023 2:06 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:Jerry is really the GM in name only. McClay is the actual GM in the duties he does for the team. Jerry doesn’t even sign the checks anymore. Obviously he does still have a big voice but this team is being run and built by Stephen and Will McClay.

The fact that he's given himself that title is part of the problem. :wink:

He has to be involved in every decision. How many owners speak after games & at every official press conference? David Tepper might be the only other owner who is that starved for attention.

He wants credit.

No dental by that. We all know Jerry is an attention whore.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,154

Post#1013 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Jun 4, 2023 2:17 am

Cactus Jack wrote:

If that's how you feel, then you should stop watching if it affects you that negatively. This **** is suppose to be fun at the very least.

I've said this same thing to him 100x times now. He says it is impossible to win with Dak/Jerry/McCarthy. If I literally believed that then I would not be watching any more. I do not understand why he is the way he is, it makes no sense to watch something you hate.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#1014 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Jun 4, 2023 2:22 am

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

They had a say in the McCarthy hiring and when Dak was drafted and when Dak was originally resigned. Stephen is the reason it took so long to give Dak his second contract. If it were up to Jerry he likely would have resign Dak immediately (which would have saved the Cowboys tens of millions of dollars).

They released footage of this season's draft decisions, I believe you posted it. In those you could see that many people are involved in the decision making. It's not just Jerry creating a big board all by himself. In fact I don't think it ever was at any time.

I've seen fans that are stupid enough to believe that Jerry is actually calling plays from the stands. A lot of fans just like to believe what they want to believe.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#1015 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Jun 4, 2023 2:28 am

BJJ is Randy Quaid's character in Major League.

Watches all the games while cursing out his own team's players the entire time.

And he doesn't actually get on board and root for them until they make it to the big game. And pretends he always believed in them from the start.

That's called a bandwagon fan. It's the worst type of fan.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#1016 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Jun 4, 2023 3:24 am

Micah Prescott wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

I've said this same thing to him 100x times now. He says it is impossible to win with Dak/Jerry/McCarthy. If I literally believed that then I would not be watching any more. I do not understand why he is the way he is, it makes no sense to watch something you hate.

Part of me thinks he really enjoys it. :wink:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#1017 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jun 4, 2023 12:58 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Image

And he doesn't actually get on board and root for them until they make it to the big game. And pretends he always believed in them from the start.

No, you are the absolute worse Cowboy fans on the face of the Earth. Here you go again getting all high and mighty. You watch all the games as well so don't come in here and say you don't curse and call out Cowboy players as well. Do we really need to go back and bring them back for you? Its the WR's fault. Its the defenses fault., its Jason Garrett's fault or McCarthy's fault. Don't give us that Shcit. Its always everyone fault and never Dak's and you just can't stand anyone that says one ounce of negativity toward that loser. Unless you suck Dak Prescott cock 24/7 you can never be friends with Micah. This unhealthy man crush you have on Dak makes me wonder about many things. Like for instance, who is paying you to come in here and defend the defenseless when it comes to Dak. After all you guys have the same last name. Are you guys related? Do you guys sleep together or something? Do you meet up with him at rest areas for quickies? I mean something isn't right or missing here. No matter how much Dak sucks and losses games for the Cowboys, you are always in lock step with him and he can do no wrong, ever. Maybe we should all be calling you out. Seems you are happy the Cowboys haven't been to a Super bowl in 28 years and could careless if they never got there as long as your suckie boy is the QB.
And I don't need to hear your **** about getting on board. I didn't spend tons of money putting a blue room in my home with ten's of thousands of $$$$ in jersey's, plaques, rookie cards, mugs, etc., over a lifetime if I didn't believe in them from the start. Your just being a total idiot and proves you don't even know what you are talking about. Everything must be through your lens and thought process. And another thing, I don't pretend anything when it come to the Cowboys and my feelings about them. What you see is what you get in that department. I was a cowboy fan way before you were even born in that homophobic, racist, white nationalist Republican state you call Texas. You younger generation fans have absolutely no idea about America's team, how it was built and what it really means and stands for. The past and past tradition is just always taken for granted and never respected even when handed over to a spoiled, uneducated, ungrateful, unappreciated generation. I can just image what has really being taught in the Texas schools and streets and the home you were brought up in.
A bandwagon fan you call me. I could send you thousands of old classmates, family members relatives, friends, aquaintences, etc., that would beg to differ with that comment but it would be a waste of time with the way your brain operates. But I will take being called that over a loser, which you are.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#1018 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jun 4, 2023 1:00 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:If that's how you feel, then you should stop watching if it affects you that negatively. This **** is suppose to be fun at the very least.

Part of me thinks he really enjoys it. :wink:

You know me so well and your not even a Cowboy fan. Happy 9 years together Jack in real gm. Too bad we don't know as much or are as smart as those who have only been here 2 years. Its amazing how one has my whole life figured out after being in here for only 2 years. I guess I have to do better. I'm so ashamed. :thumbsup: :party: :gossip:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#1019 » by Mr B » Sun Jun 4, 2023 4:53 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:So when do Stephen and Will McClay get a say on head coach and QB?

They released footage of this season's draft decisions, I believe you posted it. In those you could see that many people are involved in the decision making. It's not just Jerry creating a big board all by himself. In fact I don't think it ever was at any time.

I've seen fans that are stupid enough to believe that Jerry is actually calling plays from the stands. A lot of fans just like to believe what they want to believe.

Jerry really does it to himself because he’s enjoys being the face of the franchise. Since he puts himself out front so much he gets most of the blame even though the decisions are being made by several guys.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#1020 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Jun 4, 2023 5:03 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Image

No, you are the absolute worse Cowboy fans on the face of the Earth. Here you go again getting all high and mighty. You watch all the games as well so don't come in here and say you don't curse and call out Cowboy players as well. Do we really need to go back and bring them back for you? Its the WR's fault. Its the defenses fault., its Jason Garrett's fault or McCarthy's fault. Don't give us that Shcit. Its always everyone fault and never Dak's and you just can't stand anyone that says one ounce of negativity toward that loser. Unless you suck Dak Prescott cock 24/7 you can never be friends with Micah. This unhealthy man crush you have on Dak makes me wonder about many things. Like for instance, who is paying you to come in here and defend the defenseless when it comes to Dak. After all you guys have the same last name. Are you guys related? Do you guys sleep together or something? Do you meet up with him at rest areas for quickies? I mean something isn't right or missing here. No matter how much Dak sucks and losses games for the Cowboys, you are always in lock step with him and he can do no wrong, ever. Maybe we should all be calling you out. Seems you are happy the Cowboys haven't been to a Super bowl in 28 years and could careless if they never got there as long as your suckie boy is the QB.
And I don't need to hear your **** about getting on board. I didn't spend tons of money putting a blue room in my home with ten's of thousands of $$$$ in jersey's, plaques, rookie cards, mugs, etc., over a lifetime if I didn't believe in them from the start. Your just being a total idiot and proves you don't even know what you are talking about. Everything must be through your lens and thought process. And another thing, I don't pretend anything when it come to the Cowboys and my feelings about them. What you see is what you get in that department. I was a cowboy fan way before you were even born in that homophobic, racist, white nationalist Republican state you call Texas. You younger generation fans have absolutely no idea about America's team, how it was built and what it really means and stands for. The past and past tradition is just always taken for granted and never respected even when handed over to a spoiled, uneducated, ungrateful, unappreciated generation. I can just image what has really being taught in the Texas schools and streets and the home you were brought up in.
A bandwagon fan you call me. I could send you thousands of old classmates, family members relatives, friends, aquaintences, etc., that would beg to differ with that comment but it would be a waste of time with the way your brain operates. But I will take being called that over a loser, which you are.

I guess I'm partly to blame.

Maybe we should get back on topic?

Return to Dallas Cowboys