ImageImageImageImage

State of Cowboys Union?

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,695
And1: 1,257
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#161 » by Mr B » Tue May 1, 2018 6:30 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. Until Jerry is dead we are doomed to seeing more of the same. That’s why no matter what happened with the draft and the rest of the off season I’m predicting an 8-8 season. Also Garrett will get to coach the final year of his contract next year.


And I've said this before as well. Jerry will die before winning another Super Bowl. So will I.


Jerry will likely outlive all of us.
bluejerseyjinx
Head Coach
Posts: 6,839
And1: 1,083
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
Location: Maine
       

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#162 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed May 2, 2018 12:42 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:23 years since our LAST SUPER BOWL. Way too long for rebuilding. We've had more than enough time to rebuild. Why do things continue in this matter? I'm interested in EVERYONE'S thoughts why it has been 23 years since our last Super Bowl appearance? Something is just not right here.
I remember a man named Clint Murchinson who bought the Cowboys in 1960. He hired Tom Landry. Our first year we had nothing but everyone's scrubs with no draft. Our first draft was 1961. Yet being an expansion team starting from scratch and practically nothing, we manage to make it to our first NFL Championship game in 1966 and went on a 20 year streak that no one has matched (but the Patriot is extremely similar and close, so I throw them in there as well) in 59 years.
Now I don't expect the Cowboys to make the playoffs every year and go to the Super Bowl 5 times in a decade, but something is wrong with our current beloved franchise when its been 23 years and running.


Wanna know what the problem is? This is. And when I watched it Sunday night, I just shook my head. From "The Athletic"... reviewing Episode 1 of "All Or Nothing"... I will highlight the important stuff. This took place after the Broncos game. You remember the Broncos game... when you became a Chiefs fan?

Minute 48 is everything about coaching the Dallas Cowboys and why only certain people would ever take this job, despite the fact it should be the best job in the sport: The team arrived and as Jason Garrett readies to address his group, Jerry cuts in, “Coach, I want to say something before you say anything.” There it is. In a nutshell. If you ever wanted to see how Jason Garrett must work around Jerry Jones, there it is. I assume Jimmy Johnson would have lost his mind at that moment. Bill Parcells would have quit. But, the guys who work for Jerry understand, this is the job. You want to coach the Cowboys, you have to understand your authority may be undermined at any moment. You will see this all season long. It is what it is and that will never change


I rest my case.

First of all, you know damn well I was super upset with the Boys that day for no effort and showing up in the Denver game. And when that was followed up by the Atlanta game, I knew our season was toast but didn't want to say anything at the time. I knew after witnessing those two games, we were in serious trouble.
Now that I don't have anything else to add to your above response, I will give you and 1 because that is exactly how I feel. I just wanted someone else to say it, :wink:
P.S. Except when I lost Mittens 3 years ago, Jerry is the only person that has made me cry. twice. The hiring of Phillips and Campo. The Galloway, R. Williams, Q. Carter, etc., that just made me angry. I think it was around 2007 when I started to call Jerry a cancer.
bluejerseyjinx
Head Coach
Posts: 6,839
And1: 1,083
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
Location: Maine
       

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#163 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jun 6, 2018 5:00 pm

No owner, no coach, no WR's, no problem.
bluejerseyjinx
Head Coach
Posts: 6,839
And1: 1,083
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
Location: Maine
       

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#164 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:00 pm

So now we have 3 Cowboy names that we should never talk about anymore for a better America's Team forum and Union. Rod Hi,,. Craig Morton and Jerry Jones, wink, wink.
bluejerseyjinx
Head Coach
Posts: 6,839
And1: 1,083
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
Location: Maine
       

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#165 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:02 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong guys. After this year will both Romo and Dez be off the books? I want more $$$ for more depth. I'm not liking what I am seeing with our depth so far on both sides of the ball.
Mr B
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,695
And1: 1,257
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#166 » by Mr B » Sun Sep 2, 2018 6:50 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong guys. After this year will both Romo and Dez be off the books? I want more $$$ for more depth. I'm not liking what I am seeing with our depth so far on both sides of the ball.


I’m still not convinced Stephen is on board with spending money. I think all the cap space they have is going to go towards resigning Demarcus Lawrence.
bluejerseyjinx
Head Coach
Posts: 6,839
And1: 1,083
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
Location: Maine
       

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#167 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Sep 9, 2018 4:35 pm

I'm starting to believe in my heart that we are now a jinxed franchise with Jerry as owner. Or just bad Jerry karma. Take your pick, I guess.
bluejerseyjinx
Head Coach
Posts: 6,839
And1: 1,083
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
Location: Maine
       

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#168 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:34 am

For the first time in 47 years, I feel like a whipped dog or a beaten horse already after week 1. I shouldn't feel this way so early in the season. Seems like we have been playing this same movie since you know who promoted himself to GM in 2002. Seems like we are still rebuilding.
Landry starts out in 1960 without even a draft his first year and in less than 6 years we are playing back to back NFL Championships. Then in 1974 when Lilly, Howley, Hayes, Andrie all decided to retire and everyone thouoght we would suck in 1075. What did we do? Took the first wild card team in history all the way to the Super Bowl.
bluejerseyjinx
Head Coach
Posts: 6,839
And1: 1,083
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
Location: Maine
       

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#169 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:19 pm

I am no longer emotionally invested in the Dallas Cowboys after 48 years. I'm done. I'll always treasure the landry Era but I am done with Jerry and as long as Jason Garrett is the coach of the team, I'm out. Not in the mood for another decade of losing. Done. Stick a fork in the whole mess. I've been telling ya all for 3 years he sucks.
Mr B
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,695
And1: 1,257
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#170 » by Mr B » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:09 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I am no longer emotionally invested in the Dallas Cowboys after 48 years. I'm done. I'll always treasure the landry Era but I am done with Jerry and as long as Jason Garrett is the coach of the team, I'm out. Not in the mood for another decade of losing. Done. Stick a fork in the whole mess. I've been telling ya all for 3 years he sucks.


Well if the rumors are true, you won’t be following for a while. Last week the rumor was that Jerry is ready to give Garrett and extension.
bluejerseyjinx
Head Coach
Posts: 6,839
And1: 1,083
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
Location: Maine
       

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#171 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:16 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I am no longer emotionally invested in the Dallas Cowboys after 48 years. I'm done. I'll always treasure the landry Era but I am done with Jerry and as long as Jason Garrett is the coach of the team, I'm out. Not in the mood for another decade of losing. Done. Stick a fork in the whole mess. I've been telling ya all for 3 years he sucks.


Well if the rumors are true, you won’t be following for a while. Last week the rumor was that Jerry is ready to give Garrett and extension.

If that happens, you can forget about the Cowboys being relevant for playoff contention.
bluejerseyjinx
Head Coach
Posts: 6,839
And1: 1,083
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
Location: Maine
       

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#172 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:34 am

I nominate Tony Romo for coach and Troy Aikman for GM of the Dallas Cowboys. Time to send Jerry away for a few years to the funny farm.
Mr B
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,695
And1: 1,257
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#173 » by Mr B » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:09 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I nominate Tony Romo for coach and Troy Aikman for GM of the Dallas Cowboys. Time to send Jerry away for a few years to the funny farm.


I think Romo will holding down his current gig for a while. At least until his boys are in high School. Troy talked about this earlier this week though. According to him he wants to be a GM however does not expect it will ever be with the Cowboys. Jerry will hold down that job as long as he’s alive.

The Cowboys coaching job has been talked about a lot recently though. It appears that Lincoln Riley from OU is the front runner. I would think that John DeFilippo would also be high on the list.
bluejerseyjinx
Head Coach
Posts: 6,839
And1: 1,083
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
Location: Maine
       

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#174 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:07 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I nominate Tony Romo for coach and Troy Aikman for GM of the Dallas Cowboys. Time to send Jerry away for a few years to the funny farm.


I think Romo will holding down his current gig for a while. At least until his boys are in high School. Troy talked about this earlier this week though. According to him he wants to be a GM however does not expect it will ever be with the Cowboys. Jerry will hold down that job as long as he’s alive.

The Cowboys coaching job has been talked about a lot recently though. It appears that Lincoln Riley from OU is the front runner. I would think that John DeFilippo would also be high on the list.

I was joking a bit. I saw the piece somewhere where that was talked about. I'd be all for letting troy be the Gm and taking over all football operations. He is too smart however to get involved with Jerry. I would have problems with romo as a coach however, but it would be an upgrade over Garrett.
Mr B
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,695
And1: 1,257
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#175 » by Mr B » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:30 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I nominate Tony Romo for coach and Troy Aikman for GM of the Dallas Cowboys. Time to send Jerry away for a few years to the funny farm.


I think Romo will holding down his current gig for a while. At least until his boys are in high School. Troy talked about this earlier this week though. According to him he wants to be a GM however does not expect it will ever be with the Cowboys. Jerry will hold down that job as long as he’s alive.

The Cowboys coaching job has been talked about a lot recently though. It appears that Lincoln Riley from OU is the front runner. I would think that John DeFilippo would also be high on the list.

I was joking a bit. I saw the piece somewhere where that was talked about. I'd be all for letting troy be the Gm and taking over all football operations. He is too smart however to get involved with Jerry. I would have problems with romo as a coach however, but it would be an upgrade over Garrett.


The guy that I think should be a coach (not necessarily a HC) is Jason Witten. He’s a great guy but man he’s horrible in the booth. Kind of like Emmitt. Jason though I think would be an excellent coach. Either TE, OL, or even WR coach.
Mr B
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,695
And1: 1,257
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#176 » by Mr B » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:16 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I nominate Tony Romo for coach and Troy Aikman for GM of the Dallas Cowboys. Time to send Jerry away for a few years to the funny farm.


I think Romo will holding down his current gig for a while. At least until his boys are in high School. Troy talked about this earlier this week though. According to him he wants to be a GM however does not expect it will ever be with the Cowboys. Jerry will hold down that job as long as he’s alive.

The Cowboys coaching job has been talked about a lot recently though. It appears that Lincoln Riley from OU is the front runner. I would think that John DeFilippo would also be high on the list.

I was joking a bit. I saw the piece somewhere where that was talked about. I'd be all for letting troy be the Gm and taking over all football operations. He is too smart however to get involved with Jerry. I would have problems with romo as a coach however, but it would be an upgrade over Garrett.


Hey buddy, you should also post at Pro Sports Daily in the NFL forum. We have an NFC East thread that has been going on for a couple years that you might get a kick out of. Lots of Eagles fans there. We always have a lot of pretty heated debates.
Mr B
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,695
And1: 1,257
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#177 » by Mr B » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:16 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. Until Jerry is dead we are doomed to seeing more of the same. That’s why no matter what happened with the draft and the rest of the off season I’m predicting an 8-8 season. Also Garrett will get to coach the final year of his contract next year.


And I've said this before as well. Jerry will die before winning another Super Bowl. So will I.


Have you found another board to post on?
bluejerseyjinx
Head Coach
Posts: 6,839
And1: 1,083
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
Location: Maine
       

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#178 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:34 am

Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. Until Jerry is dead we are doomed to seeing more of the same. That’s why no matter what happened with the draft and the rest of the off season I’m predicting an 8-8 season. Also Garrett will get to coach the final year of his contract next year.


And I've said this before as well. Jerry will die before winning another Super Bowl. So will I.


Have you found another board to post on?

Sorry Mr. B. I do stop in here a few times a week just to check things out with you and Jack. The Generall board is dead after 4 years and the Cowboy room is non existent outside you and me. I joined Dallas Cowboy universe.
Jedzz
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,916
And1: 949
Joined: Oct 05, 2018
   

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#179 » by Jedzz » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:35 am

Troy Aikman's head looks like a beet.
These are my opinions.
bluejerseyjinx
Head Coach
Posts: 6,839
And1: 1,083
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
Location: Maine
       

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#180 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:49 pm

With the defense we have now, all we need is Zeke sighed and to stay healthy and the Cowboys will finally be in the Super bowl after all these years.

Return to Dallas Cowboys