ImageImageImageImage

State of Cowboys Union?

Moderator: Texas Chuck

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#201 » by GTR11 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:17 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Troy Aikman, GM please !

Careful what you wish for.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,242

Post#202 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:42 pm

GTR11 wrote:

As long as Jerry is GM, nothing will change. Please tell me Jerry would put up with someone like himself that doesn't deliver for 17 straight season as the GM of the Dallas Cowboys.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,425

Post#203 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:56 pm

Read on Twitter
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
GTR11
RealGM

Post#204 » by GTR11 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:57 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
GTR11 wrote:

As long as Jerry is GM, nothing will change. Please tell me Jerry would put up with someone like himself that doesn't deliver for 17 straight season as the GM of the Dallas Cowboys.

You know S.Jones and Will were responsible for drafts, scouting and cap for the past 9 something years right. They were the reason why we drafted this o.line and basically build entire team through the draft. Jerry remains as mouth and face but he haven't been making major decisions. Troy will never be GM here or even adviser.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#205 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:37 pm

GTR11 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
GTR11 wrote:

You know S.Jones and Will were responsible for drafts, scouting and cap for the past 9 something years right. They were the reason why we drafted this o.line and basically build entire team through the draft. Jerry remains as mouth and face but he haven't been making major decisions. Troy will never be GM here or even adviser.

Good thing for Stephen or we would of had Johnny "The Junkie" Manziel for QB instead. Jerry wanted junkie boy. :nod:
GTR11
RealGM

Post#206 » by GTR11 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:42 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:As long as Jerry is GM, nothing will change. Please tell me Jerry would put up with someone like himself that doesn't deliver for 17 straight season as the GM of the Dallas Cowboys.

Good thing for Stephen or we would of had Johnny "The Junkie" Manziel for QB instead. Jerry wanted junkie boy. :nod:

This off-season will be one of the most important one that'll show us which direction we going. I got my fingers crossed because it can get very ugly.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,001

Post#207 » by Mr B » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:56 am

Don’t be surprised if they bring Garrett back. They are now saying that his contract expires Jan. 14th not the 1st and that the Jones’ are leaving the door open for his return as head coach. Here is a report by Jane Slater of NFL Network saying this.

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#208 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:06 am

Mr B wrote:Don’t be surprised if they bring Garrett back. They are now saying that his contract expires Jan. 14th not the 1st and that the Jones’ are leaving the door open for his return as head coach. Here is a report by Jane Slater of NFL Network saying this.

Read on Twitter
?s=21

It's kind of a running joke that Jerry won't fire him. But, I'd honestly feel kinda bad for you guys now if he did return at this point. Jerry just can't seem to get out of his own way. It's sad.

My viewpoint is that Garrett's gone. They're looking around & making calls for his replacement. If they don't make a decision until his contract is up that's kind of a dick move by Jerry. Just pull the trigger. Let Garrett move on & find another job elsewhere.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,001

Post#209 » by Mr B » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:17 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:Don’t be surprised if they bring Garrett back. They are now saying that his contract expires Jan. 14th not the 1st and that the Jones’ are leaving the door open for his return as head coach. Here is a report by Jane Slater of NFL Network saying this.

Read on Twitter
?s=21

It's kind of a running joke that Jerry won't fire him. But, I'd honestly feel kinda bad for you guys now if he did return at this point. Jerry just can't seem to get out of his own way. It's sad.

My viewpoint is that Garrett's gone. They're looking around & making calls for his replacement. If they don't make a decision until his contract is up that's kind of a dick move by Jerry. Just pull the trigger. Let Garrett move on & find another job elsewhere.

No joke, if Garrett is brought back I’m out. This franchise has been a joke for almost 30 years. I’ve hit my limit.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#210 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:29 pm

I'm out and remain out till Garret is gone. Go showtime Mahomes and the Chiefs !!!!
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#211 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:34 pm

GTR11 wrote:

Troy would make a great Gm if Jerry is willing to give up the reign of being GM himself. However, at this point, I would almost take anyone competent over Jerry. Garrett is only one third the problem with this team. Jerry is the other major problem and we still have a front office comparable to Cleveland and Jacksonville.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#212 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:41 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
GTR11 wrote:

Jerry is the other major problem and we still have a front office comparable to Cleveland and Jacksonville.

Al Davis Raiders. :wink:
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#213 » by MagicBagley18 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:47 pm

no news is no big deal. garrett is out and gone and yes we all want blood and want the headline that garrett and his staff are fired but that is inevitable with or without the annoucement. jerry not worried about any other team taking his guy to be their coach tells me either there's an agreement in place with someone already or his guy is either coaching in the playoffs.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#214 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jan 1, 2020 4:07 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:no news is no big deal. garrett is out and gone and yes we all want blood and want the headline that garrett and his staff are fired but that is inevitable with or without the annoucement. jerry not worried about any other team taking his guy to be their coach tells me either there's an agreement in place with someone already or his guy is either coaching in the playoffs.

Do you think Jerry is considering moving Garrett to a front office position? I mean they do love each other and sleep together.
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#215 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Jan 1, 2020 7:01 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:no news is no big deal. garrett is out and gone and yes we all want blood and want the headline that garrett and his staff are fired but that is inevitable with or without the annoucement. jerry not worried about any other team taking his guy to be their coach tells me either there's an agreement in place with someone already or his guy is either coaching in the playoffs.

Do you think Jerry is considering moving Garrett to a front office position? I mean they do love each other and sleep together.

It’s all my opinion but no I don’t. It’s not totally out of the realm of possibility but I believe Garrett wants to coach a team. I’m starting to think there’s some legs to the rumor of mike zimmer. Not the guy I want but it’s apparent they are waiting for either a coach whose currently in the playoffs or coaching a bowl game as they aren’t consider missing out on a candidate.

Zimmer has connections to Dallas as he was a former OC. I am not thrilled about zimmer tho and hope I’m wrong
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#216 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jan 1, 2020 7:09 pm

I'm hoping for Eric Bienemy, the OC of the Chiefs. There seems to be some differences in many Cowboys fans on this. Some want Lincoln Riley, some want Urban Meyer (who wants the job real bad) and some seem to think the coach of Baylor, Ruhle is the guy. Just the fact its the Dallas Cowboy head coach position, should attract some of the best. An advantage of being America's Team.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#217 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Jan 1, 2020 8:10 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

It’s all my opinion but no I don’t. It’s not totally out of the realm of possibility but I believe Garrett wants to coach a team. I’m starting to think there’s some legs to the rumor of mike zimmer. Not the guy I want but it’s apparent they are waiting for either a coach whose currently in the playoffs or coaching a bowl game as they aren’t consider missing out on a candidate.

Zimmer has connections to Dallas as he was a former OC. I am not thrilled about zimmer tho and hope I’m wrong

Zimmer is a fine DC. But an overrated head coach.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#218 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Jan 1, 2020 8:28 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm hoping for Eric Bienemy, the OC of the Chiefs. There seems to be some differences in many Cowboys fans on this. Some want Lincoln Riley, some want Urban Meyer (who wants the job real bad) and some seem to think the coach of Baylor, Ruhle is the guy. Just the fact its the Dallas Cowboy head coach position, should attract some of the best. An advantage of being America's Team.

If Jerry hires Urban Meyer the Cowboys would actually be a real contender for once.

Who's really calling the plays in KC, Eric Bienemy? Or Andy Reid? :wink:

I can't see Lincoln Riley leaving the College game. He might be an offensive innovator but his defenses are abysmal. I get Kliff Kingsbury vibes from him.
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#219 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Jan 1, 2020 8:32 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Do you think Jerry is considering moving Garrett to a front office position? I mean they do love each other and sleep together.

Zimmer is a fine DC. But an overrated head coach.

I agree. I’m not thrilled on him at all. The rumor is it would be zimmer as HC and possibly Kubiak comes here to be OC (his son is already a scout with the cowboys). Again this is all speculation as no one knows. Kubiak already works with zimmer in Minnesota.

It sucks that Jerry waited so long to fire Garrett. A few years ago Sean Payton really really was interested in coming here. His kids were still in school here and he still owned a home in the Dallas area from his coordinator days. We **** the bed on that one.

I think u can rule out Matt Rhule (pun intended) just don’t think he’s a Jerry hire. I also think based off comments from Jerry and Stephen that there is trepidation getting a coach who has no head coaching or Nfl experience.
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#220 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Jan 1, 2020 8:34 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm hoping for Eric Bienemy, the OC of the Chiefs. There seems to be some differences in many Cowboys fans on this. Some want Lincoln Riley, some want Urban Meyer (who wants the job real bad) and some seem to think the coach of Baylor, Ruhle is the guy. Just the fact its the Dallas Cowboy head coach position, should attract some of the best. An advantage of being America's Team.

If Jerry hires Urban Meyer the Cowboys would actually be a real contender.

Who's really calling the plays in KC, Eric Bienemy? Or Andy Reid? :wink:

I can't see Lincoln Riley leaving the College game. He might be an offensive innovator but his defenses are abysmal. I get Kliff Kingsbury vibes from him.

Reid calls the plays you’re right. My problem with urban honestly is that it takes a certain personality to deal with Jerry. Urban and Jerry to me would clash in short time and he would step down in 2 years IMO. Not to mention health issues he already has

Return to Dallas Cowboys