State of Cowboys Union?

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,036

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#421 » by Mr B » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:35 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:If this is true this would be a great signing for the Cowboys. Now he’s still more of a 3-tech DT but he’s far better than anyone on the roster.

Read on Twitter
?s=21

"Star" is a stretch lol.

He's a good interior lineman. Solid 3-tech, like you mention. I wouldn't be shocked if he landed in Dallas due to Quinn.

The Hawks let him go because his cap hit ($13m) was too high & he refused to take a pay cut. If the Cowboys can get him at half that price, he'd be a solid addition.

I still want them to add a big run stuffing 1-tech in the draft. If they do that and sign Reed they should have a pretty sold DT rotation when you add Gallimore, Hill, and Woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,291

Post#422 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:48 pm

Wonderful. Another Sea Cock reject, :wink: Anything is better than what we had last year at DT so I won't bitch too much. Cowgirls need all the help they can get on defense. :gossip:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,445

Post#423 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:53 pm

Mr B wrote:I still want them to add a big run stuffing 1-tech in the draft. If they do that and sign Reed they should have a pretty sold DT rotation when you add Gallimore, Hill, and Woods.

How has Hill progressed? He was kind of known as a bust his first year or two.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#424 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:53 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Wonderful. Another Sea Cock reject, :wink: Anything is better than what we had last year at DT so I won't bitch too much. Cowgirls need all the help they can get on defense. :gossip:

With Quinn, you better get use to it! :wink:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#425 » by Mr B » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:28 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:I still want them to add a big run stuffing 1-tech in the draft. If they do that and sign Reed they should have a pretty sold DT rotation when you add Gallimore, Hill, and Woods.

How has Hill progressed? He was kind of known as a bust his first year or two.

Hill was actually playing fairly well as a penetrating 3-tech before he got hurt. He was getting into the backfield on a fairly regular basis. With that said he’s still at the end of the rotation and if Reed is brought in to replace Hill I’d be ok with that. Last we saw of him though he looked like things were starting to click for him.

Mr B
RealGM

Post#426 » by Mr B » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:30 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Wonderful. Another Sea Cock reject, :wink: Anything is better than what we had last year at DT so I won't bitch too much. Cowgirls need all the help they can get on defense. :gossip:

That’s not really any different than any other coach though. When Parcels came to Dallas this roster was riddled with former Jets players.

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#427 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:37 pm

Mr B wrote:Hill was actually playing fairly well as a penetrating 3-tech before he got hurt. He was getting into the backfield on a fairly regular basis. With that said he’s still at the end of the rotation and if Reed is brought in to replace Hill I’d be ok with that. Last we saw of him though he looked like things were starting to click for him.

That's funny because PFF hates him. They we're also fairly low on Reed last year too lol.

I remember the Alligator tackle on Carson. Then iirc Hill got injured shortly thereafter. Tough break. He had character (red flags) concerns coming out of college, no?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#428 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:40 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

That’s not really any different than any other coach though. When Parcels came to Dallas this roster was riddled with former Jets players.

I know. Just giving Jinx his due. :wink:

The Niners run the same scheme too. So we're always exchanging players.

The Jags have two of our former coaches, so a bunch of players have flocked to them as well.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#429 » by Mr B » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:59 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:Hill was actually playing fairly well as a penetrating 3-tech before he got hurt. He was getting into the backfield on a fairly regular basis. With that said he’s still at the end of the rotation and if Reed is brought in to replace Hill I’d be ok with that. Last we saw of him though he looked like things were starting to click for him.

That's funny because PFF hates him. They we're also fairly low on Reed last year too lol.

I remember the Alligator tackle on Carson. Then iirc Hill got injured shortly thereafter. Tough break. He had character (red flags) concerns coming out of college, no?

Yea I believe he had character issues too coming out of school. This will be Hill’s 3rd season and for a good majority of that he has sucked so it’s not surprising that PFF gave him a horrible grade. So if he wants to change that he’ll have to keep playing how he was right before he got injured. Before he can do that though he’s going to have to earn his spot in camp.

Speaking of camp I’m extremely happy they should be having a normal camp this year. To me that was the main problem with the defense. They were expected to learn an entire new scheme through zoom meetings. Quinn will actually get to have the guys on the practice field learning his defense.

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#430 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:00 am

Mr B wrote:If this is true this would be a great signing for the Cowboys. Now he’s still more of a 3-tech DT but he’s far better than anyone on the roster.

Jerry is cheap! :wink:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Chris Jones & Reed on the interior & Clark on the outside is a pretty strong combination ngl. Good for them.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#431 » by Mr B » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:43 am

Cactus Jack wrote:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Chris Jones & Reed on the interior & Clark on the outside is a pretty strong combination ngl. Good for them.

I’m wondering if this is a case of Jerry being cheap or Reed just deciding he’d rather play for a legit SB contender. Would have been nice to get him here but oh well.

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#432 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:03 am

Mr B wrote:I’m wondering if this is a case of Jerry being cheap or Reed just deciding he’d rather play for a legit SB contender. Would have been nice to get him here but oh well.

Frank Clark is a better recruiter than Dan Quinn apparently.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#433 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:50 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

Jerry only gives out the big bucks and big contracts to the injury prone, bad acting trouble makers and drug partying idiots.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#434 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:20 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Jerry only gives out the big bucks and big contracts to the injury prone, bad acting trouble makers and drug partying idiots.

Might be some truth to that. :wink:

But do you find it odd that the Chiefs keep collecting guys with Domestic Violence in their past? Hill, Clark, Reed...Who am I missing? Give them credit for letting Kareem Hunt go, but Larry Johnson was not a good guy, and then you had that Linebacker that killed his wife & himself.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#435 » by Mr B » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:18 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Jerry only gives out the big bucks and big contracts to the injury prone, bad acting trouble makers and drug partying idiots.

But do you find it odd that the Chiefs keep collecting guys with Domestic Violence in their past? Hill, Clark, Reed...Who am I missing? Give them credit for letting Kareem Hunt go, but Larry Johnson was not a good guy, and then you had that Linebacker that killed his wife & himself.

You could even go back as far as Christian Okoye. His legal issues had to do with drugs though not domestic violence. The Hunt family has never had an issue signing guys with legal issues.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#436 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:39 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

The way you are making it sound is that the Cowboys and Chiefs are the only teams in the NFL that have those type of issues. Must be nice to be all those other 30 teams.
Nice to see you gave the Chiefs a little credit however. As bad as the Chief's defense was in 2018, I still say the Chiefs would have beaten the Patriots in the AFC championship and gone to the Super bowl to beat the Rams in a shoot out if they hadn't released Creamy Hunt.
Will still start out next season watching, rooting and praying for my Cowgirls but I still think the Chiefs will be the best team once again with all the moves they have already made with the draft still yet to go. NFC should be extremely interesting next season. But its real hard to say who will be what till the draft is over and everyone completes all their moves and finalize their rosters.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#437 » by Mr B » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:31 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

The way you are making it sound is that the Cowboys and Chiefs are the only teams in the NFL that have those type of issues. Must be nice to be all those other 30 teams.
Nice to see you gave the Chiefs a little credit however. As bad as the Chief's defense was in 2018, I still say the Chiefs would have beaten the Patriots in the AFC championship and gone to the Super bowl to beat the Rams in a shoot out if they hadn't released Creamy Hunt.
Will still start out next season watching, rooting and praying for my Cowgirls but I still think the Chiefs will be the best team once again with all the moves they have already made with the draft still yet to go. NFC should be extremely interesting next season. But its real hard to say who will be what till the draft is over and everyone completes all their moves and finalize their rosters.

Patriots drafted a murderer.

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#438 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:40 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:The way you are making it sound is that the Cowboys and Chiefs are the only teams in the NFL that have those type of issues. Must be nice to be all those other 30 teams.

I'm not saying they're the only team. I'm saying that it's been a strong pattern with them. They seem to overlook these type of guys. Every case seems to involve Domestic violence of some sort.

The Hawks have taken chances on guys. Frank Clark was one coming out of college. But he supposedly never got in trouble & has had a clean record since. They had a guy on the roster involved in DV somewhat recently (Chad Wheeler), but cut him loose immediately. So again, I'm not saying that it doesn't happen around the league. It just happens a little more frequently with players in KC. :wink:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#439 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 1, 2021 4:14 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:The way you are making it sound is that the Cowboys and Chiefs are the only teams in the NFL that have those type of issues. Must be nice to be all those other 30 teams.

I'm not saying they're the only team. I'm saying that it's been a strong pattern with them. They seem to overlook these type of guys. Every case seems to involve Domestic violence of some sort.

The Hawks have taken chances on guys. Frank Clark was one coming out of college. But he supposedly never got in trouble & has had a clean record since. They had a guy on the roster involved in DV somewhat recently (Chad Wheeler), but cut him loose immediately. So again, I'm not saying that it doesn't happen around the league. It just happens a little more frequently with players in KC. :wink:

Sounds like the Jimmy Johnson approach. Didn't matter the background or red flags, etc., But can they play.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#440 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:33 pm

4 years ago Jerry wanted Johnny Manziel over All Pro Zack Martin. Now he is masterbating over Pitts and wants to move up to take him. State of Cowboys union should be renamed State of Jerry's Union.

Return to Dallas Cowboys