Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,015

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#741 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:33 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

Earl: Jerry, come get me!

Stephen isn’t going to want to pay him. And I would actually agree, he missed his chance to come to Dallas a long time ago.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#742 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:39 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

Nope. That ship has sailed. Years ago. I wouldn’t even consider him on a minimum deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,437

Post#743 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:41 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

Nope. That ship has sailed. Years ago. I wouldn’t even consider him on a minimum deal.

A 33 year old Safety that hasn't played for 2 years. I don't blame you.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#744 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:51 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

And it’s not like those couple of years he actually played before those couple of years he didn’t play were littered with stellar production.

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#745 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:58 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:Nope. That ship has sailed. Years ago. I wouldn’t even consider him on a minimum deal.

And it’s not like those couple of years he actually played before those couple of years he didn’t play were littered with stellar production.

Yup, he started to break down. He broke his leg twice within the span of two years & clashed with the organization when they wouldn't give him a new deal. He broke his leg & didn't take the advice of team doctors to fix it. Which then ultimately led to him breaking it a second time. That's why the two split.

He was such a problem in Baltimore, that they cut him in training camp.

He was a hell of a player in his day, but he's not worth the trouble now.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#746 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:01 am

Cactus Jack wrote:Yup, he started to break down. He broke his leg twice within the span of two years & clashed with the organization when they wouldn't give him a new deal. He broke his leg & didn't take the advice of team doctors to fix it. Which then ultimately led to him breaking it a second time. That's why the two split.

He was such a problem in Baltimore, that they cut him in training camp.

He was a hell of a player in his day, but he's not worth the trouble now.

It was that Baltimore stint more than anything which warned me off of the guy. I could have “possibly” bought into his side of issues with your heroes. But when he pulled those stunts with the Ravens, he essentially told me as a fan his head wasn’t right with ball. Can’t have guys like in the locker room. Too much garbage.

Mr B
RealGM

Post#747 » by Mr B » Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:52 pm

Wasn’t Earl even rumored to be coming to Dallas after he was let go from Seattle? I seem to remember there being interest on the Cowboys side but then out of nowhere he signed with Baltimore. He has his chance to play here if he really wanted to. Cowboys are much better off going with someone young.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#748 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:36 pm

Mr B wrote:Wasn’t Earl even rumored to be coming to Dallas after he was let go from Seattle? I seem to remember there being interest on the Cowboys side but then out of nowhere he signed with Baltimore. He has his chance to play here if he really wanted to. Cowboys are much better off going with someone young.

The Ravens gave him a good deal. He got $32 mil guaranteed from them. They cut him after only a year. So it backfired bigtime.

But if Dallas wanted him then they could have had him. They obviously made the right call. As did Seattle.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,276

Post#749 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:58 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Well maybe they will take a stab at Metcalf from Seattle or now Debo!! I bet Jerry is drooling.

There are only a handful of teams that should trade for Deebo imo. Dallas isn't one of them. :wink:

He needs to go to a team that will use him properly.

Cowboys don't even use the players they currently have properly. :noway:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#750 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:14 am

Don't know why I am so excited about the draft this year, but I am. I really don't expect the Cowboys to be all that good this upcoming season. We have more holes to fill than we did last year. How does that happen after 26 years of rebuilding?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#751 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:59 pm

The more I study, absorb and take all this in I forgot to ask myself "What is the most urgent" area of need. As much as we need another edge rusher, CB and WR, I think our O-line sucks the way it is now and is our most pressing need.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#752 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:27 pm

Once again our front office and the continued culture of this franchise keeps showing their true colors and inability to play with the big boys anymore.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#753 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri May 6, 2022 5:04 pm

I hope all Cowboy fans realize the Cowboys won't be as good as last year, especially on offense. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I doubt it.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#754 » by Cactus Jack » Fri May 6, 2022 5:28 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I hope all Cowboy fans realize the Cowboys won't be as good as last year, especially on offense. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

You might be right.

Losing Amari could be a bigger loss than people realize. If I recall Dak has somewhat struggled with him out of the lineup.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#755 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri May 6, 2022 7:54 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I hope all Cowboy fans realize the Cowboys won't be as good as last year, especially on offense. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

You might be right.

Losing Amari could be a bigger loss than people realize. If I recall Dak has somewhat struggled with him out of the lineup.

I never thought Cooper was a bust. I just didn't believe he was worth 21 million a year and no longer had him even in the top 15 of WR. I thought they had a gem in Cedric Wilson and he was gonna be a part of the future. I was really high on him. I could have lived with Lamb, Wilson and Gallop. With Cooper gone Lamb is now going to see most of the double coverage this year and I'm not liking Gallop and whoever picking up the slack.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#756 » by Cactus Jack » Sat May 7, 2022 12:50 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:Wasn’t Earl even rumored to be coming to Dallas after he was let go from Seattle? I seem to remember there being interest on the Cowboys side but then out of nowhere he signed with Baltimore. He has his chance to play here if he really wanted to. Cowboys are much better off going with someone young.

The Ravens gave him a good deal. He got $32 mil guaranteed from them. They cut him after only a year. So it backfired bigtime.

But if Dallas wanted him then they could have had him. They obviously made the right call. As did Seattle.

Read on Twitter
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#757 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat May 7, 2022 2:26 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Read on Twitter

Welp… I’d say that if he had any hopes of returning to the league, that ship sailed as well. His wheels are completely off.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#758 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed May 11, 2022 6:01 pm

LMAO. Dallas Mayor wants to bring in another football team to Dallas. We all know that isn't going to happen. I'm sure Jerry is already finding his replacement in the next primary. I'm sure the mayor of Dallas won't be re-elected after that stunt but his thought should count for something. With the Cowboys sucking the past 26 years under the curse of Jerry, you can't blame the guy for tying. :falloff:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#759 » by Mr B » Thu May 12, 2022 5:13 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:LMAO. Dallas Mayor wants to bring in another football team to Dallas. We all know that isn't going to happen. I'm sure Jerry is already finding his replacement in the next primary. I'm sure the mayor of Dallas won't be re-elected after that stunt but his thought should count for something. With the Cowboys sucking the past 26 years under the curse of Jerry, you can't blame the guy for tying. :falloff:

Yea there’s no way Jerry let’s this happen. I’m a lifelong Cowboys fan and always will be but I personally wouldn’t be opposed to an AFC expansion franchise being awarded to Dallas. The market is big enough to support two teams. Or if the NFL just wants to give us back the Chief’s I’d be more than happy with that too.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#760 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri May 13, 2022 12:57 am

Just saw the schedule release for this season. Cowboys will be fortunate to win 9 games this year if there lucky.

Return to Dallas Cowboys