ImageImageImageImage

State of Cowboys Union?

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,242

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#921 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:58 pm

For the most part we got to enjoy a decent season and enjoyed the ride. Despite the expectations and all the talent and money spent on this year's team, the curse of Jerry, the leadership on this team along with our culture created by Jerry will show its ugly face. It's been going on for over 2 decades now. Pretty much since Jerry fired Jimmy.
Every year after the draft and going into the preseason and training camp, Jerry always builds up his team to a point to where Cowboy fans buy his garbage thinking they are better than they are and going places they haven't been in 27 years. See, this organization always sniff's themselves when the journey is only half done. Then they will see their issues 2 weeks after they are eliminated and then get to work on them in the offseason. The Curse of Jerry is still alive and kicking.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,001

Post#922 » by Mr B » Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:58 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:For the most part we got to enjoy a decent season and enjoyed the ride. Despite the expectations and all the talent and money spent on this year's team, the curse of Jerry, the leadership on this team along with our culture created by Jerry will show its ugly face. It's been going on for over 2 decades now. Pretty much since Jerry fired Jimmy.
Every year after the draft and going into the preseason and training camp, Jerry always builds up his team to a point to where Cowboy fans buy his garbage thinking they are better than they are and going places they haven't been in 27 years. See, this organization always sniff's themselves when the journey is only half done. Then they will see their issues 2 weeks after they are eliminated and then get to work on them in the offseason. The Curse of Jerry is still alive and kicking.

This off season the Cowboys first need to figure out who their HC will be. I still think MM has to get the team to the NFC Championship game to keep his job. They also need to find out if they can keep Dan Quinn. I’m not convinced that he wants to be a HC again. If he does though he will have several suitors this off season and will likely be gone. If that happens who do they replace him with?

After that they need to load up on defense in the draft. There is an interesting rumor floating around though that the Cardinals are shopping DeAndre Hopkins. Would/should the Cowboys make a trade for him? If so at what cost? Hopkins/Lamb would be a deadly combo at WR.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#923 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:07 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:For the most part we got to enjoy a decent season and enjoyed the ride. Despite the expectations and all the talent and money spent on this year's team, the curse of Jerry, the leadership on this team along with our culture created by Jerry will show its ugly face. It's been going on for over 2 decades now. Pretty much since Jerry fired Jimmy.

This off season the Cowboys first need to figure out who their HC will be. I still think MM has to get the team to the NFC Championship game to keep his job. They also need to find out if they can keep Dan Quinn. I’m not convinced that he wants to be a HC again. If he does though he will have several suitors this off season and will likely be gone. If that happens who do they replace him with?

After that they need to load up on defense in the draft. There is an interesting rumor floating around though that the Cardinals are shopping DeAndre Hopkins. Would/should the Cowboys make a trade for him? If so at what cost? Hopkins/Lamb would be a deadly combo at WR.

You know I for one would love to load up on the defensive side of the ball. I'm all for it. Not sure about Hopkins. Will have to think about it. He does come with some baggage. I really don't want to spend anymore money on offense except of O-line. As long as Dumb Dak is QB and Elliott is the featured RB, I don't expect the offense will get better. Both players reached their ceiling 3 years ago.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#924 » by Mr B » Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:54 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

You know I for one would love to load up on the defensive side of the ball. I'm all for it. Not sure about Hopkins. Will have to think about it. He does come with some baggage. I really don't want to spend anymore money on offense except of O-line. As long as Dumb Dak is QB and Elliott is the featured RB, I don't expect the offense will get better. Both players reached their ceiling 3 years ago.

Pollard should be the feature back for at least 1 more season (likely on franchise tag). Not sure about Zeke. I could see a scenario where he restructures his deal for a lot less money and becomes second fiddle to Pollard. Dak will be here for at very least 1 more season because of his contract (more than likely 2 seasons though). I would like to see the Cowboys draft another QB though to start grooming as Dak’s replacement.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#925 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:11 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

You know I for one would love to load up on the defensive side of the ball. I'm all for it. Not sure about Hopkins. Will have to think about it. He does come with some baggage. I really don't want to spend anymore money on offense except of O-line. As long as Dumb Dak is QB and Elliott is the featured RB, I don't expect the offense will get better. Both players reached their ceiling 3 years ago.[/quote
I think you might be spot on regarding the head coaching position if we choose to move on from McCarthy. After thinking about it for a couple weeks, I don't think Sean Payton will come to be head coach for our Cowboys next year. And I know I've said for over 7 years I would like to see it happen. Problem is I do not believe Jerry will allow or give Payton the power and freedom he will need to do the job the way he needs to. I think Sean goes to the Chargers where he will get that freedom. Plus he will have a much better QB to work with. So if the worst happens and we have to fire McCarthy real soon, who would be our next options? :thinking: :dontknow:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#926 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:16 pm

No coach, no QB, a junkie for a RB and no OC. Where do the Cowboys go from here when the biggest problem is the owner that we need to get rid of and can't?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#927 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:03 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:This off season the Cowboys first need to figure out who their HC will be. I still think MM has to get the team to the NFC Championship game to keep his job. They also need to find out if they can keep Dan Quinn. I’m not convinced that he wants to be a HC again. If he does though he will have several suitors this off season and will likely be gone. If that happens who do they replace him with?

Pollard should be the feature back for at least 1 more season (likely on franchise tag). Not sure about Zeke. I could see a scenario where he restructures his deal for a lot less money and becomes second fiddle to Pollard. Dak will be here for at very least 1 more season because of his contract (more than likely 2 seasons though). I would like to see the Cowboys draft another QB though to start grooming as Dak’s replacement.

I don't like any of the QB's in this year's draft class. There are a couple outstanding RB's however right there for the taking at #27 where we will be picking.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#928 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:15 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:You know I for one would love to load up on the defensive side of the ball. I'm all for it. Not sure about Hopkins. Will have to think about it. He does come with some baggage. I really don't want to spend anymore money on offense except of O-line. As long as Dumb Dak is QB and Elliott is the featured RB, I don't expect the offense will get better. Both players reached their ceiling 3 years ago.

I don't like any of the QB's in this year's draft class. There are a couple outstanding RB's however right there for the taking at #27 where we will be picking. Especially that kid out of Texas. He's the real deal.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#929 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:29 pm

Seriously, we should see if any team would take on Dak's contract and pull that cord.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,425

Post#930 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:33 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:There are a couple outstanding RB's however right there for the taking at #27 where we will be picking. Especially that kid out of Texas. He's the real deal.

He'll be gone by then.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#931 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:37 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:There are a couple outstanding RB's however right there for the taking at #27 where we will be picking. Especially that kid out of Texas. He's the real deal.

He'll be gone by then.

You might be right. A lot of people think he's the next coming of Barkley. I also love that kid from Kansas State.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,425

Post#932 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:38 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

He'll be gone by then.

You might be right. A lot of people think he's the next coming of Barkley. I also love that kid from Kansas State.

He's the one RB in this class who will have a 1st Round grade by every team. Him falling that far is a long shot.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#933 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:40 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:He'll be gone by then.

He's the one RB in this class who will have a 1st Round grade for every team. Him falling that far is a long shot.

I've seen a few mocks that have him going as high as #11.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#934 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:19 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:This off season the Cowboys first need to figure out who their HC will be. I still think MM has to get the team to the NFC Championship game to keep his job. They also need to find out if they can keep Dan Quinn. I’m not convinced that he wants to be a HC again. If he does though he will have several suitors this off season and will likely be gone. If that happens who do they replace him with?

I want Zeke to go you know that. Make Pollard the featured back next season with Davis as the back up. I want to see if we have anything with him before we start thinking about drafting another QB. Not sure how you feel about this year's QB class coming out of college, but I think it sucks. I really don't like any of them. I would sit this year out drafting a QB and go after Drake Maye in 2024 NFL draft.
I say due to the fact we are stuck with Dumb Dak for at least one more year, probably two, lets finish the defense. 3 or 4 more really good pieces away from being dominate. CB, another LB and I want my DT this year !!!!! Been waiting 9 years for us to get one.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#935 » by Mr B » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:33 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:You know I for one would love to load up on the defensive side of the ball. I'm all for it. Not sure about Hopkins. Will have to think about it. He does come with some baggage. I really don't want to spend anymore money on offense except of O-line. As long as Dumb Dak is QB and Elliott is the featured RB, I don't expect the offense will get better. Both players reached their ceiling 3 years ago.

I want Zeke to go you know that. Make Pollard the featured back next season with Davis as the back up. I want to see if we have anything with him before we start thinking about drafting another QB. Not sure how you feel about this year's QB class coming out of college, but I think it sucks. I really don't like any of them. I would sit this year out drafting a QB and go after Drake Maye in 2024 NFL draft.
I say due to the fact we are stuck with Dumb Dak for at least one more year, probably two, lets finish the defense. 3 or 4 more really good pieces away from being dominate. CB, another LB and I want my DT this year !!!!! Been waiting 9 years for us to get one.

If they are going to stay with Pollard I think they need a bigger guy than Malik Davis. A RB that has the ability to convert those short yardage plays and goal line plays. If we wait until the 3rd or 4th round to draft a RB a guy I like is the RB from UCLA Zach Charbonnet. He’s big, can block, and is a good pass catcher out of the backfield.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#936 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:35 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Pollard should be the feature back for at least 1 more season (likely on franchise tag). Not sure about Zeke. I could see a scenario where he restructures his deal for a lot less money and becomes second fiddle to Pollard. Dak will be here for at very least 1 more season because of his contract (more than likely 2 seasons though). I would like to see the Cowboys draft another QB though to start grooming as Dak’s replacement.

If they are going to stay with Pollard I think they need a bigger guy than Malik Davis. A RB that has the ability to convert those short yardage plays and goal line plays. If we wait until the 3rd or 4th round to draft a RB a guy I like is the RB from UCLA Zach Charbonnet. He’s big, can block, and is a good pass catcher out of the backfield.

So is the kid from Kansas State. Love that kid but he is a bit under sized.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#937 » by Mr B » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:50 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I want Zeke to go you know that. Make Pollard the featured back next season with Davis as the back up. I want to see if we have anything with him before we start thinking about drafting another QB. Not sure how you feel about this year's QB class coming out of college, but I think it sucks. I really don't like any of them. I would sit this year out drafting a QB and go after Drake Maye in 2024 NFL draft.

So is the kid from Kansas State. Love that kid but he is a bit under sized.

There are quite a few good smaller backs in this draft. Bijan, Charbonnet, and Tank Bigsby from Auburn are big backs with star potential in my opinion. Tank Bigsby runs too upright for me though. Charbonnet and Bigsby should be available in the 3rd or 4th round.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#938 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:03 pm

Mr B wrote:
linery88 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote: :ouch: :thinking: :thinking: Even Jerry had questions about his own coaching staff. How ironic.

He had that coach in Jimmy.
Hey Jerry...fire everyone,and just do it...become the next HC of The Dallas Cowboys ! :banghead:

Couldn’t be any worse.

:falloff: :falloff:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#939 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:39 pm

Jimmy Johnson calls out Jerry Jones on his prudent team building. Jimmy quoted that Jerry is blatantly ridiculous in his approach and reasoning on how to build a championship team. I couldn't agree more. Many of us in here have been saying it since 2002, if not longer. If it wasn't for Jimmy Jerry would have nothing to show for anything since he bought our team.
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 547

Post#940 » by linery88 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:42 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Jimmy Johnson calls out Jerry Jones on his prudent team building. Jimmy quoted that Jerry is blatantly ridiculous in his approach and reasoning on how to build a championship team. I couldn't agree more. Many of us in here have been saying it since 2002, if not longer. If it wasn't for Jimmy Jerry would have nothing to show for anything since he bought our team.

I sense a change in Jerry now since we lost to SF.I think he is listening to Mccarthy more...in other words,listening to the coach of this team more.I guess Jerry is learning that not just anyone can coach this team to a SB.Amazing ...the arrogance by Jerry :wavefinger:

Return to Dallas Cowboys