State of Cowboys Union?

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,018

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#961 » by Mr B » Wed May 10, 2023 1:16 am

Micah Prescott wrote:Image

Peyton and Dak at the same spot in their careers.

I know Dak is not Peyon, I am not claiming that he is better than Peyton. But Peyton didn't get a ring until he was in his 9th season and that should give some perspective to Dak haters like BJJ.

How many SB’s did Peyton have at the same point in his career as Dak?
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,153

Post#962 » by Micah Prescott » Wed May 10, 2023 3:38 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

I know Dak is not Peyon, I am not claiming that he is better than Peyton. But Peyton didn't get a ring until he was in his 9th season and that should give some perspective to Dak haters like BJJ.

That's because Manning never had a defense till he got to Denver. Manning had to do it all his stay with the Colts. The whole franchise was on his shoulders the whole time. We know for a fact Dak can't put anything on his shoulders or carry nothing. He doesn't make others around him better. Its been the other way around with Dumb Dak.

Dak hasn't had a defense until now...
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#963 » by Micah Prescott » Wed May 10, 2023 3:40 am

Mr B wrote:

How many SB’s did Peyton have at the same point in his career as Dak?

Zero

2-4 playoff record
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,281

Post#964 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed May 10, 2023 12:26 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

That's because Manning never had a defense till he got to Denver. Manning had to do it all his stay with the Colts. The whole franchise was on his shoulders the whole time. We know for a fact Dak can't put anything on his shoulders or carry nothing. He doesn't make others around him better. Its been the other way around with Dumb Dak.

Dak hasn't had a defense until now...

You can't be serious. :crazy: :banghead: Cowboys defense played more than well enough last year to win the game vs. the 49ers. Numb nuts lost the game all on his own and don't deny it. Every Cowboy fan I talk to except you all blame Dak for the loss last year so cut the crap out. And I see you are back to cherry picking again. Yes, the defense does get charged those points even when they don't deserve to. When you turn the ball over, throw too many INT's, fumble the ball, take sacks and go for it in your own end and not get the first down, yeah, it does put your defense in a bad spot and its unfair but the way it goes. If we had a better QB and coach our defense wouldn't get punished so much. And like in the Washington game last year, when you get the ball 9 times and can't get 1 first down, your defense tends to get run down when they have to spend endless minutes on the field because your boy can't up his game. MM and your boy Dak are the biggest reasons for our losses the past 3 years when you break most everything down.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#965 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed May 10, 2023 12:34 pm

And before you go out and try to defend Dak on the offensive side of things remember this, the Dallas defense has put up 224 points the past two seasons, even making Dak look even more ineffective when you look at the yearly total numbers. I mean if it wasn't for Dan Quinn and the defense the past two years, the Cowboys more than likely don't even make the playoffs so your boy can blow the game away anyways.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#966 » by Micah Prescott » Wed May 10, 2023 1:50 pm

Dak was poor against SF I'll give you that but SF didn't convert either of his INTs into points and also SF had a better defense than Dallas.

That graphic is in reference to before that game and I said Dak has a defense NOW. Yes right now Dak has a defense. Before that our defense gave up big points in all the other playoff losses
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#967 » by Micah Prescott » Wed May 10, 2023 1:53 pm

And if your best solution to Dak is to "call Brady" you've become delusional on this topic.

That also highlights the fact that there is no way to upgrade QB ATM, it's basically impossible. The only NFC QB I even see consistently above Dak right now is Hurts who had a stacked roster (and still does)
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,018

Post#968 » by Mr B » Wed May 10, 2023 3:22 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Dak was poor against SF I'll give you that but SF didn't convert either of his INTs into points and also SF had a better defense than Dallas.

That graphic is in reference to before that game and I said Dak has a defense NOW. Yes right now Dak has a defense. Before that our defense gave up big points in all the other playoff losses

That’s why some of us have no faith in Dak. It’s also what BJJ just pointed out. The Dallas defense played well enough to win that game against the Niners. It was the offense that let them down and Dak is the leader of the offense so he’s going to get the bulk of the blame.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#969 » by Micah Prescott » Wed May 10, 2023 5:10 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Dak was poor against SF I'll give you that but SF didn't convert either of his INTs into points and also SF had a better defense than Dallas.

That’s why some of us have no faith in Dak. It’s also what BJJ just pointed out. The Dallas defense played well enough to win that game against the Niners. It was the offense that let them down and Dak is the leader of the offense so he’s going to get the bulk of the blame.

I do not have issues with pointing at Dak on that game in particular, I think the reason I still do have faith is because they were a better overall team for one and I think SF highlights how the QB isn't as important as many believe, because I think Dallas has the better QB, just not the better overall team. And that is what we need to do, build a better overall team.

Dak also just came off the greatest post season performance by a Dallas QB going into that game. If it was just another first round exit then I too would have more doubt in Dak. We know that he is capable of playing well.

The other thing is that many QBs don't see success until late. As I just pointed out Peyton Manning, and just recently Stafford who is about the same skill level as Dak. With the exception of Mahomes who is a absolute outlier, QBs need a team around them. Rodgers has ONE RING and that was the year he had a team around him.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#970 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed May 10, 2023 5:18 pm

See, this is where the defense gets way more blame at times than it should. I remember a playoff game against the Packers a few years ago when Dak and the offense put us down 17-0 before we got our fingers out of our butts and began playing football. So on paper it goes down that the defense gave up 17 points but Dak and the offense put us in a hole with penalties, pick 6's and turnovers to start the game and first quarter. That was another game when you take away the Dak mistakes, the Cowboys most likely win. We had a so, so defense that year but once again, your boy made the difference.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#971 » by Micah Prescott » Wed May 10, 2023 5:19 pm

The other thing, as I already mentioned, is that it is pretty much impossible to upgrade Dak, so it isn't even worth debate.

You guys say he needs to go but the best solution you have is to call Brady? That isn't a real solution. There is no real solution. There is no team in the NFL with a clear QB above Dak who would ever come off their guy. And Dak has a no-trade clause anyway IIRC.

We have pretty much an undisputed top-3 QB in the NFC, that *should* be good enough to focus on the other postions.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#972 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed May 10, 2023 5:23 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:And if your best solution to Dak is to "call Brady" you've become delusional on this topic.

That also highlights the fact that there is no way to upgrade QB ATM, it's basically impossible. The only NFC QB I even see consistently above Dak right now is Hurts who had a stacked roster (and still does)

That's not my solution at all. I just posted that to piss you off. But on the other hand I bet Brady could do better in a big game with this current Cowboy team than Dak.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#973 » by Micah Prescott » Wed May 10, 2023 5:24 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:And if your best solution to Dak is to "call Brady" you've become delusional on this topic.

That's not my solution at all. I just posted that to piss you off. But on the other hand I bet Brady could do better in a big game with this current Cowboy team than Dak.

We just saw Dak destroy Brady into retirement so yeah that is delusional.

Okay, so if that was just you trolling, what is your REAL solution?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#974 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed May 10, 2023 5:29 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:The other thing, as I already mentioned, is that it is pretty much impossible to upgrade Dak, so it isn't even worth debate.

You guys say he needs to go but the best solution you have is to call Brady? That isn't a real solution. There is no real solution. There is no team in the NFL with a clear QB above Dak who would ever come off their guy. And Dak has a no-trade clause anyway IIRC.

We have pretty much an undisputed top-3 QB in the NFC, that *should* be good enough to focus on the other positions.

Don't worry. I've already accepted the fact we have to put up suckie down syndrome Dak for at least one more year. That's why I posted a while back we should just keep building the team instead of going all in like you want. And that's exactly what they have done. One more draft, a new coach and a new QB and we will be on our way. The window will finally open.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#975 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed May 10, 2023 5:36 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

What you saw was one of the best defenses in the league last year take advantage of a beat up, injured Buc's team with a 46 year old QB and the same issues with their defense. Dak after 7 years finally had a good game vs. a team that had no business even being in the playoffs last year if it wasn't for the beyond putrid division they played in last year. Sad to see you hang your hat on that one game. It doesn't wash out his other playoff game performances or games vs. the elite teams in the league during his 7 year span.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,438

Post#976 » by Cactus Jack » Wed May 10, 2023 5:56 pm

I thought I would give my take on Dak as a neutral.

The jury is pretty much out on Dak at this point. He's a guy who you can win with, as long as he has a good/strong supporting cast around him. He's not someone who can necessarily carry or elevate a team. But he's more of a game manager.

Dallas has a good enough team to compete. The problem was they just ran into a buzz saw in the playoffs (SF). You can't make mistakes against that defense.

As long as Dak manages the game & doesn't turn the ball over, then they'll have a chance. That defense is too good.

Russell Wilson was at one time, great at doing just that. The legion of Boom defense was so dominant, that all Russ had to do was manage. Not make mistakes. That's how they won a Super Bowl.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#977 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed May 10, 2023 6:00 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

No, you troll me the past 3 years, :lol: :rofl: You just can't handle the fact that I hate Dak and I think he sucks and will never win a Super Bowl or even get us to one. You need to get over it because I will never change my mind and can't be convinced otherwise. I'm guessing you don't get out much or hang out or around other Cowboys fans. I'm quite mellow compared to most of my other Cowboy friends and fantasy players. They are worse than me. In their minds Dak has replaced Romo as the choker waiting to happen. All last season every time we got together at the Sports Arena to watch the games, all you here from them is "lets not get too excited, its just a matter of time before Dak turns into a turn over machine".
My real solution at the moment is thanking the Lord or whoever for fantasy football. It's an awesome way to stay engaged, watch all the games, make money and enjoy the season even when you know your team blows, chokes or can only go so far. Next year will be a much better draft class and I'm positive we draft one next year. Who knows, Aaron Rodgers might want to leave New York after one year. We try again next year.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#978 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed May 10, 2023 6:06 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:I thought I would give my take on Dak as a neutral.

The jury is pretty much out on Dak at this point. He's a guy who you can win with, as long as he has a good/strong supporting cast around him. He's not someone who can necessarily carry or elevate a team. But he's more of a game manager.

Dallas has a good enough team to compete. The problem was they just ran into a buzz saw in the playoffs (SF). You can't make mistakes against that defense.

As long as Dak manages the game & doesn't turn the ball over, then they'll have a chance. That defense is too good.

Based on FA and the draft its obvious that they want to put out a championship defense and run the ball a lot more. all the depth they are picking up on the O-line also makes me think that. Your right, Dak needs to be way more of a game manager and stop trying to play hero ball like Mahomes and Burrow. He not good enough, talented enough or smart enough to pull it off as evident by his performance the past 7 years. What I worry about is if we take this route can Dak handle all the extra hand offs without fumbling the damn ball.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#979 » by Micah Prescott » Wed May 10, 2023 6:12 pm

Russell Wilson was at one time, great at doing just that. The legion of Boom defense was so dominant, that all Russ had to do was manage. Not make mistakes. That's how they won a Super Bowl.

Yeah this is a fair take, although I don't think Dak is a game manager really but needs to be more of one (like Purdy) But that was your point I guess.

I think Wilson and that historically elite defense he had is a good example of what it take to win with Dak, and I also think that is the case for almost every QB in the top half of the NFL. The only exception is Mahomes who is in his own tier.

For teams that do not have Mahomes, we have no other choice to try and build elite casts around what we have.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,438

Post#980 » by Cactus Jack » Wed May 10, 2023 6:33 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:

Yeah this is a fair take, although I don't think Dak is a game manager really but needs to be more of one (like Purdy) But that was your point I guess.

I think Wilson and that historically elite defense he had is a good example of what it take to win with Dak, and I also think that is the case for almost every QB in the top half of the NFL. The only exception is Mahomes who is in his own tier.

For teams that do not have Mahomes, we have no other choice to try and build elite casts around what we have.

There are really only 3 or 4 QB's who would qualify as elite caliber. Guys who can take over a game & opposing teams can't do anything to stop them. Mahomes, Allen, Rodgers, and Burrow is quickly becoming that guy.

The reason SF won that game, is because Purdy made less mistakes. If Dak outplays him & doesn't turn the ball over, Dallas wins that game.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over

Return to Dallas Cowboys