ImageImageImageImage

Upcomming Free Agency, are we players?

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,338

Re: Upcomming Free Agency, are we players? 

Post#41 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:06 am

I know he is 32, but I am thinking sort term here, maybe 2 years max. I think he is a hard, punishing runner that would be a perfect short term fit for us. We can't fill up all our holes this year.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,981

Post#42 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:04 pm

Meh... I like the dude (Williams) but I'd rather take a flyer on a guy like Doug Martin. There isn't any quit in that kid and he's only 27. He'd be a real nice fit with our O-Line.

And if we are looking to replace Dunbar (I want to keep him - but at the right price), what about Jacquizz Rodgers? I thought the Falcons misused him and with Forte he wasn't going to get a lot of time in Chicago. He seems to me to be a nice fit in that Dunbar role. Once again - price is a factor here.

Source: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/ufa/running-back/
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,108

Post#43 » by Mr B » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:30 am

Roadhog Moran wrote:Meh... I like the dude (Williams) but I'd rather take a flyer on a guy like Doug Martin. There isn't any quit in that kid and he's only 27. He'd be a real nice fit with our O-Line.

And if we are looking to replace Dunbar (I want to keep him - but at the right price), what about Jacquizz Rodgers? I thought the Falcons misused him and with Forte he wasn't going to get a lot of time in Chicago. He seems to me to be a nice fit in that Dunbar role. Once again - price is a factor here.

Is definitely be ok with Rodgers as a replacement for Dunbar. Dunbar has literally been injured every year he's been with the Cowboys. It's time to cut bait.

As for Doug Martin he'd be a perfect fit however he'll cost more than just a flyer. He'll likely be the highest priced RB on the market. They will likely go after Lamar Miller. They had an interest in trading for him last year (rumor has it) and he's only 24 and doesn't have a lot of wear and tear on his body. His running style is also perfect for what the Cowboys like to run.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#44 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:24 am

Roadhog Moran wrote:Meh... I like the dude (Williams) but I'd rather take a flyer on a guy like Doug Martin. There isn't any quit in that kid and he's only 27. He'd be a real nice fit with our O-Line.

Martin is going for a big contract with Tampa Bay. But your right, he would be a very nice fit. I really find it hard to believe Tampa Bay will let him go. I really love Dunbar as a change of pace. He's a lot better than most think. Going into next season, I have no problem with Dunbar and McFadden coming back. Just wondering, if the price is right, that MR.B. just might be right, and Lamar Miller might be the perfect 3ird back we need.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#45 » by Mr B » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:19 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Martin is going for a big contract with Tampa Bay. But your right, he would be a very nice fit. I really find it hard to believe Tampa Bay will let him go. I really love Dunbar as a change of pace. He's a lot better than most think. Going into next season I have no problem with Dunbar and McFadden coming back. JUst wondering, if the price is right, that MR.B. just might be right and Lamar Miller mightbe the perfect 3ird back we need.

I heard someone on the radio the other day saying that another cheap option at RB could be Alfred Morris. Not sure what I think about that. To me he seemed to be breaking down already. He is still young though.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#46 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:36 am

I have no interest in Morris. Not sure what Roadhog thinks.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#47 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:28 am

I've been thinking for a couple of years the Redskins weren't using Morris enough. Maybe they knew something the rest of us didn't.

I'll pass... unless someone can convince me there's still something there. I think I'll ask my buddies that are plugged in on the Skins.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#48 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:18 am

Almost every time I see Morris play, he's coughing up the football. Way too much for my liking.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#49 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:57 pm

You know who I really like from that list? Bilas Powell from the Jets. He would be a perfect fit for us. But still like Lamar Miller the best.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#50 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:27 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:You know who I really like from that list? Bilas Powell from the Jets. He would be a perfect fit for us. But still like Lamar Miller the best.

Not familiar with him. Tell me more.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#51 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:35 pm

He's a between the tackles downhill power runner like Chris Ivory. However he is much younger, faster and a better receiver coming out of the back field. He did extremely well as the back up filling in for Ivory games when he was hurt and out, but earned more playing time the last 5 weeks of the season and actually out performed Ivory. I had an advantage though, I had both players in a few of my fantasy leagues and I was able to learn a lot about him.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#52 » by Mr B » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:40 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:He's a between the tackles downhill power runner like Chris Ivory. However he is much younger, faster and a better receiver coming out of the back field. He did extremely outstanding in for Ivory games when he was hurt and out, but earned playing time the last 5 weeks of the season and actually out performed Ivory. I had an advantage though, I had both players in a few of my fantasy leagues and I was able to learn a lot about him.

I had him on my fantasy team this past year. From what I remember he was extremely good at catching passes out of the back field but was average when it came to running the ball.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#53 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:59 pm

He had 4 or 5 T.D.'s going down the stretch filling in for Ivory. Ivory was banged up a few of those games as did the Jets as a team over all. Jets had a tough schedule the last few weeks also. Another thing I noticed about Powell, was he was good picking up blocks which was absent from last year's RB's. Both McFadden and Dunbar are horrible picking up blocks. We need someone to help out making sure Romo takes less hits next year. Just saying. Something we need to think about when we add another RB.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#54 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:37 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:He had 4 or 5 T.D.'s going down the stretch filling in for Ivory. Ivory was banged up a few of those games as did the Jets as a team over all. Jets had a tough schedule the last few weeks also. Another thing I noticed about Powell, was he was good picking up blocks which was absent from last year's RB's. Both McFadden and Dunbar are horrible picking up blocks. We need someone to help out making sure Romo takes less hits next year. Just saying. Something we need to think about when we add another RB.

Could be a cost-effective alternative to Miller. Good option.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#55 » by Mr B » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:11 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:He had 4 or 5 T.D.'s going down the stretch filling in for Ivory. Ivory was banged up a few of those games as did the Jets as a team over all. Jets had a tough schedule the last few weeks also. Another thing I noticed about Powell, was he was good picking up blocks which was absent from last year's RB's. Both McFadden and Dunbar are horrible picking up blocks. We need someone to help out making sure Romo takes less hits next year. Just saying. Something we need to think about when we add another RB.

Those TD's actually came on catches out of the backfield. Rushing he only had 1 TD and that came against the Cowboys on Dec 19. He finished the season with 70 carries for 313 yrds and 1 TD. I would see him as more of a replacement for Dunbar, not really a feature back. I would take him over Dunbar in a heartbeat though.

Based on what's available I would love a backfield of Miller, McFadden, and Powell.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#56 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:14 am

You sure you want to part ways with Dunbar? McFadden is also horrible at picking up blocks and getting up there in age.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#57 » by Mr B » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:18 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:You sure you want to part ways with Dunbar? McFadden is also horrible at picking up blocks and getting up there in age.

Dunbar is more injury prone than Sean Lee. Just when you think you can depend on him he gets hurt. He's been hurt every year he's been on the team. There are other backs that are more reliable that can fill his role, like Powell.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#58 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:09 am

Mr B wrote:

Those TD's actually came on catches out of the backfield. Rushing he only had 1 TD and that came against the Cowboys on Dec 19. He finished the season with 70 carries for 313 yrds and 1 TD. I would see him as more of a replacement for Dunbar, not really a feature back. I would take him over Dunbar in a heartbeat though.

Based on what's available I would love a backfield of Miller, McFadden, and Powell.

Miller, McFadden and Powell. Finally something that would make me a bit excited about going into next season.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#59 » by Mr B » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:41 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Miller, McFadden and Powell. Finally something that would make me a bit excited about going into next season.

Based on what Stephen was saying the other day they may not target any big name free agents.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#60 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:23 pm

This is usually the time of year when all of NFL verbal poker politics begins and lasts till after draft day. Nobody want to show their real hands.

Return to Dallas Cowboys