ImageImageImageImage

Top 50 Greatest Super Bowl Memories?

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,242

Top 50 Greatest Super Bowl Memories? 

Post#1 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Feb 6, 2016 11:02 pm

Just saw and read through the 50 greatest, top moments in Super Bowl history. Thought it was a pretty good list. You can tell it was polled with a much younger generation. Hardly any of the great moments from the past are excluded. How can Bob Lilly's 29 yard sack of Bob Griese not be in the top 50. Wow, just Wow. And I'm sorry, but even though it happened against my team, the greatest catch I ever saw was Lynn Swann in Super Bowl X.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Re: Top 50 Greatest Super Bowl Memories? 

Post#2 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Feb 7, 2016 2:47 pm

I haven't seen this list... but you're spot on with those two. Both are friggin' ICONIC Super Bowl moments.

Got a link?
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#3 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Feb 7, 2016 9:41 pm

Lynn swan's catch in super Bowl X made the list. It just wasn't rated as high as I thought. I saw 2 different lists. I believe one was on ESPN and the other was on Yahoo, I believe. I'm still shaking my head though. Isn't that 29 yard sack by Lilly a Super Bowl Record still to this day? I think it is. How can Mr. Cowboy not make the top 50 in any list? You won't find many players with more Pro Bowls and All Pros than Bob Lilly. I can't remember when they started keeping track of sacks, etc., but there was never a bigger **** disturber and disrupter of plays that ever put on a Cowboy uniform. Randy White a very close second. However those 2 players are clearly, head and shoulders above any Dl to ever put on a Cowboy uniform, no question, IMHO. Just sad to me Lilly didn't make a top 50 moment. Even though Staubach, Manster and Dorsett are my all time favorite Cowboy players, Lilly is still the best. Damn, even Butch Johnson's diving catch in Super Bowl XII made the list.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#4 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:59 pm

It looks like this poll was generational, 1990's to present. I can think of a lot of moments that happened in the 60's, 70's & 80's that should have been in this poll, not taking anything away from those that did make it. I guess I'm getting old. I can remember games back in the 70's that are still fresh in my mind, like they happened yesterday. Of course, some moments like Craig Morton and Super Bowl V, I wish I could forget.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:49 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:It looks like this poll was generational, 1990's to present. I can think of a lot of moments that happened in the 60's, 70's & 80's that should have been in this poll, not taking anything away from those that did make it. I guess I'm getting old. I can remember games back in the 70's that are still fresh in my mind, like they happened yesterday. Of course, some moments like Craig Morton and Super Bowl V, I wish I could forget.

I was in another forum last year where they had a poll for all time great Redskins. Some fool had friggin' Lavar Arrington on it. I told him any Redskins list without Sammy Baugh on it was bogus and I would put Neal Olkowitz on that list before I put Arrington. His response - "I don't know who those dudes are."

I told him to go read a book.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#6 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:59 pm

Can't believe Joe Jacoby wasn't elected to the hall of fame this year. I thought he was one of the all time greats for them. A total pain in the ass during the 80's.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#7 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:11 pm

Roadhog Moran wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:It looks like this poll was generational, 1990's to present. I can think of a lot of moments that happened in the 60's, 70's & 80's that should have been in this poll, not taking anything away from those that did make it. I guess I'm getting old. I can remember games back in the 70's that are still fresh in my mind, like they happened yesterday. Of course, some moments like Craig Morton and Super Bowl V, I wish I could forget.

I was in another forum last year where they had a poll for all time great Redskins. Some fool had friggin' Lavar Arrington on it. I told him any Redskins list without Sammy Baugh on it was bogus and I would put Neal Olkowitz on that list before I put Arrington. His response - "I don't know who those dudes are."

Remember over the hoop a few years ago? RG Knee's rookie season. They came to the Cowboy forum in force that year. Foreskins were supposed to dominate the NFC east and win multiple Super Bowls for a decade. Redskin fans are delusional and idealistic.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:26 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:

Remember over the hoop a few years ago? RG Knee's rookie season. They came to the Cowboy forum in force that year. Foreskins were supposed to dominate the NFC east and win multiple Super Bowls for a decade. Redskin fans are delusional and idealistic.

I was still at Fan Nation at that time so I missed out on that revelry. But my best friend of over 40 years is a die hard Redskins fan and even he found that silly. Im also happy to report I know plenty of Redskins fans that aren't that idiotic.

Now... Iggles fans - that's different.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#9 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:43 am

Now you have gotten my blood boiling in the offseason already, lol.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#10 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:50 am

Roadhog Moran wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:

I was still at Fan Nation at that time so I missed out on that revelry. But my best friend of over 40 years is a die hard Redskins fan and even he found that silly. Im also happy to report I know plenty of Redskins fans that aren't that idiotic.

Now... Iggles fans - that's different.

Funny you bring that up. It all started that last year at fan nation before they shut down and we all than moved to the Hoop where it carried over. You remember Reptic and the boys.

Return to Dallas Cowboys