bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,278

Re: 5 All Time Favorite Cowboys. 

Post#41 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jan 8, 2022 1:30 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:1. Roger
2. Mr. Cowboy
3. Darrin Woodson (only Cowboy whose jersey graces my closet - complete class and true leader in and off the field)
4. Emmett Smith - the Giants game in 1993 iced it for me.
5. Dan Reeves - spoke at our senior breakfast in 1974 - was as impressive then as now.

Read on Twitter

28 - 0 over the Rams. How sweet it was as Jackie Gleason used to say. And the original royal blue was so much sweeter than the navy we wear today.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#42 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Apr 8, 2022 1:36 pm

Rayfield Wright gets left out of these conversations and wrongly. An absolute great and one of the nicest people to ever wear the Silver & Blue. RIP...

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=YunCtf0iLQHlo3_V8evFZw
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#43 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:30 pm

Until the 90's Cowboys were built, I always thought Wright and Ralph Neely were the best O-lineman in our history. Not only was Rayfield a great football player, he was also a hell of a basketball player. If my mind serves me right today, I think Rayfield was drafted and brought in to be a tight end. Landry turned him into one of the best tackles we ever had.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#44 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:28 pm

I see one of my favorite Cowboys from the past has made the list of nominations for next year's Hall Of Fame !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only MVP in the Super Bowl from a losing team!!!!!!!!!!! (Thanks Craig Morton you putz).
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#45 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:17 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I see one of my favorite Cowboys from the past, Chuck Howley has made the list of nominations for next year's Hall Of Fame !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only MVP in the Super Bowl from a losing team!!!!!!!!!!! (Thanks Craig Morton you putz).
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#46 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:59 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm not blinded at all regarding D. Ware. He's a piece of ****. Will always be in my book.

You & I have never been on the same page when it comes to D. Ware. We won’t be when he is a 1st ballot inductee either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Speaking of that, did you see that Chuck Howley is on the list for next year's NFL Hall Of fame? He's always been one of my all time favorites. First time I saw him was in Super Bowl V when I started watching football for the first time. he also played awesome the following year in Super Bowl VI. Was wondering if you thought he is worthy of being in the Hall of Fame despite taking so damn long. Your are older than I am and I thought you may have seen him play in his prime in the two NFL championship games vs. the Packers and playoff losses to the Browns the following two years after that.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#47 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Aug 7, 2023 11:12 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:1. Roger
2. Mr. Cowboy
3. Darrin Woodson (only Cowboy whose jersey graces my closet - complete class and true leader in and off the field)
4. Emmett Smith - the Giants game in 1993 iced it for me.
5. Dan Reeves - spoke at our senior breakfast in 1974 - was as impressive then as now.

Read on Twitter

MY all time favorite throwback jersey. Wish we could bring them back once in a while. :pray:

Return to Dallas Cowboys