ImageImageImageImage

San Diego On The Board?

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,233

Re: San Diego On The Board? 

Post#21 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:08 pm

I know its quiet now, but I still feel there is a high probability that both San Diego and Dallas will get offers when they are on the clock. Ramsey and Elliot are hot for many teams. Wonder who throws the first money wrench into the drama.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,997

Post#22 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:42 am

I know you're probably not too happy with the Zeke pick but I very excited about it. As long as he stays healthy this guy has HOF potential running behind this line.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#23 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:03 pm

Mr B wrote:I know you're probably not too happy with the Zeke pick but I very excited about it. As long as he stays healthy this guy has HOF potential running behind this line.

And there are plenty of quality defensive linemen still available. I sure am looking forward to 34 minute time-of-possession games returning. I missed those.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM

Post#24 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:33 pm

Roadhog Moran wrote:
Mr B wrote:I know you're probably not too happy with the Zeke pick but I very excited about it. As long as he stays healthy this guy has HOF potential running behind this line.

And there are plenty of quality defensive linemen still available. I sure am looking forward to 34 minute time-of-possession games returning. I missed those.

Me too. After Zeke has ripped off a few All Pro seasons a couple of Rushing Titles we won't be hearing "the Cowboys didn't get great value".

With the next two picks I'd like to see A'Shawn Robinson (or Bullard) picked next and then Ronald Blair in the 3rd. I also expect Ronald Leary to be traded at some point this weekend. Hopefully they can get a 5th round pick for him or would like him used in a trade to trade up into the 3rd.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#25 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:56 pm

Mr B wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:

Me too. After Zeke has ripped off a few All Pro seasons a couple of Rushing Titles we won't be hearing "the Cowboys didn't get great value".

With the next two picks I'd like to see A'Shawn Robinson (or Bullard) picked next and then Ronald Blair in the 3rd. I also expect Ronald Leary to be traded at some point this weekend. Hopefully they can get a 5th round pick for him or would like him used in a trade to trade up into the 3rd.

I'd love to land Robinson and plug him in at DT. There are still attractive DE's available though and I suspect that's where they go. I heard the same thing you heard about Leary... sounds like there is significant interest.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM

Post#26 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:59 pm

Roadhog Moran wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:

I'd love to land Robinson and plug him in at DT. There are still attractive DE's available though and I suspect that's where they go. I heard the same thing you heard about Leary... sounds like there is significant interest.

Bullard is a guy that can play inside and outside so I think he has a really good chance of being the pick at 34. Don't rule out Spence either, although I personally do not want him.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#27 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:38 pm

Great, we now have 4 running backs and only 3 players on defense.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#28 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:46 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Great, we now have 4 running backs and only 3 players on defense.

Don't worry, McFadden and Dunbar likely don't even make the team.

Also the draft isn't over yet. I expect they will load up on the DL now. There are still a ton of really good DL left. Both Bama DT's are still on the board. Bullard from Florida is still there. Kevin Dodd is still on the board. I would love for them to take A'Shawn Robinson and Ronald Blair with the next two picks. Bullard will likely be the choice at 34 though because he can play DE and DT.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#29 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:46 pm

I'm not unhappy with who we picked. Just didn't feel like Rb was a high priority with such defensive needs of ours. Especially after just signing Morris a few weeks ago. A :crazy: ctually I'm elated for you, Romo, our offense, our team and what he will bring to our offense. This kid will be great, imho. I have no issues with our offense. I just felt defense has much more pressing needs and Ramsey should have been the choice. Nevertheless, Ramsey along with Zeke were top 5 talents. I heard 7 teams wanted to get Elliot.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#30 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:02 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

I'm not unhappy with who we picked. Just didn't feel like Rb was a high priority with such defensive needs of ours. Especially after just signing Morris a few weeks ago. A :crazy: ctually I'm elated for you, Romo, our offense, our team and what he will bring to our offense. This kid will be great, imho. I have no issues with our offense. I just felt defense has much more pressing needs and Ramsey should have been the choice. Nevertheless, Ramsey along with Zeke were top 5 talents. I heard 7 teams wanted to get Elliot.

Baltimore was trying to trade with us in order to draft Elliott.

What did you think about the other two picks?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#31 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:24 am

I guess the offer wasn't good enough. At least we prevented the Giants from getting him. This was a Jerry sexy pick, no doubt. Love the player, but this move I think will leave our defense way too vulnerable and will turn out to haunt us down the road.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#32 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:37 pm

The offer was their 4th round pick. Apparently the Cowboys targeted 3 players... Zeke, Ramsey, and Bosa (in that order). When the Chargers took Bosa that left just two of their guys. If they trade with Baltimore there's a chance they draft Zeke. The Ravens have come out be said they were trading up for Ramsey not Zeke. So the Cowboys would have been sitting at 6 with two of their guys gone and Jacksonville on the clock. What happens if Jacksonville trades that pick to someone who wanted Zeke. Then the Cowboys would have been sitting there at 6 with all three of the guys they wanted gone. The only player left on the board they could possibly take would be Buckner who they didn't want and who doesn't fit their scheme. They would have royally **** up the draft.

By drafting Zeke they get the top guy they wanted and get a home run hitter. The guy that will return the run game to its glory. They will FINALLY stop waist int this OL that they spent some many resources on to build.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#33 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:44 pm

I'm glad you are happy. By week 5 you won't be when we are 2-3 and no defense the remainder of the year. Bad move not taking Ramsey or another defensive player, imo. Offense should be really good however. At least fun to watch till we consistently lose games 38 - 34.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#34 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:00 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm glad you are happy. By week 5 you won't be when we are 2-3 and no defense the remainder of the year. Bad move not taking Ramsey or another defensive player, imo. Offense should be really good however. At least fun to watch till we consistently lose games 38 - 34.

You realize the draft isn't over yet right?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#35 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:15 pm

Another wasted pick. Prescott is a bum. Another red flag player. Can't wait to see a defense of practice squad players.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#36 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:18 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Another wasted pick. Prescott is a bum. Another red flag player. Can't wait to see a defense of practice squad players.

Then you should love hearing that Sean Lee's surgery went well today.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#37 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:51 pm

Lack of attention of the defense and no depth. Lets see how we look when Lee and McClain get hurt and miss games like they usually.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#38 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:27 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Lack of attention of the defense and no depth. Lets see how we look when Lee and McClain get hurt and miss games like they usually.

I actually fully expect McClain to retire at some point mid season.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#39 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:52 pm

Sorry Mr. B. I'm usually politically correct in most aspects of my life, I'm not when it comes to my Cowboys. I wear my emotions on my sleeve in this department. Can't help it. I'm just miserable today. Jerry has made my life a living hell every draft since he became GM. Deep down, I should have expected it.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#40 » by Mr B » Sun May 1, 2016 4:32 am

Don't let it get to you. In the grand scheme of things it's just a game.

Return to Dallas Cowboys