ImageImageImageImage

2016 NFL Draft Thread !!!!

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,241

2016 NFL Draft Thread !!!! 

Post#1 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:24 pm

Took the night off. Hopefully you guys will be glued to the draft and signed in here. I'll be here regardless. :rocking:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Re: 2016 NFL Draft Thread !!!! 

Post#2 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:01 am

My sleeper pick for next year just made another offseason outstanding upgrade with Jalen Ramsey. Look out for the Jaguars next season.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#3 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:03 am

I also like what the Bears did with their pick, Floyd from Georgia.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#4 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:22 am

Wow. Nice move by the Broncos to get the best QB in the Draft. He looks elated. Good for him. I bet he never expected to end up in Denver when the night started.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#5 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:22 am

As Andrew Billings keeps dropping, and dropping and dropping.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#6 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:58 am

I really thought the Jets screwed up by not taking Lynch. What idiots. Denver probably thought they had no chance at him. I bet they were on the phone quick making deals after the Jets passed on him.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#7 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:00 am

Andrew Billings and I can't believe it, but Myles Jack still on the board going into tomorrow.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#8 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:08 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Andrew Billings and I can't believe it, but Myles Jack still on the board going into tomorrow.

Methinks we have some very nice options waiting for us at #34.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#9 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:38 pm

I hope we go defense or we will be in for a long season. 3 players we have on defense is not enough. We have some great choices coming up. Jack still on the Board. Billings, Dodd and Robinson.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#10 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:26 pm

Yee Haw. We finally got Maranelli a great player. I'm a bit happy now. He's a Sean Lee type player.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:37 pm

Our defense should kick ass in 2017.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#12 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:52 pm

Guys over at the Hoop are furious and pissed. He's a great player and possibly a future hall of famer, but gives us no help this year. After round 2, no defensive help. Jerry might have botched any chance of us having a good year by taking a player that can't play this year.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#13 » by HMFFL » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:56 pm

Jaylon Smith

Draft Analysis:

"It takes a decision maker with conviction to make a selection like this. It starts with Jerry Jones; people who think outside the box and pull the trigger on these type of investments. I thought he could be Luke Kuechly at the next level. Smith is three downs all day long. Make no mistake, he will not play in 2016. This is all about a nerve regenerating and nobody knows if and to what extent." -- Mike Mayock
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#14 » by HMFFL » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:58 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Guys over at the Hoop are furious and pissed. He's a great player and possibly a future hall of famer, but gives us no help this year. After round 2, no defensive help. Jerry might have botched any chance of us having a good year by taking a player that can't play this year.

That's not even close to the truth.
He's the real deal that will be prepared to compete during the 2017 season.
He has even more time to strength his knee, feel more comfortable under our system, and gain more knowledge.

On the flip side, we could have drafted a guy that's NFL ready, but not productive at the NFL level. I'll take the risk when it comes to Jaylon Smith.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#15 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:05 am

I think he's a great talent. Might turn out to be a huge steal. However, they Cowboy Nation guys over at the hoop are absolutely furious with Jerry and this pick. Many guys over there are like me. We are extremely, and I mean extremely worried about the defense going into next season. I think we are in trouble, jmo.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#16 » by HMFFL » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:09 am

As long as we stay healthy the division should be ours.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#17 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:21 am

Your happy with that? You must be a Jerry Jones era, young new Cowboy Nation fan. Winning the division is not enough for those that grew up in the Tom Landry, Gil Brant era. That attitude has only got us 3 playoff wins in 20 years.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#18 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:34 am

HMFFL wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Guys over at the Hoop are furious and pissed. He's a great player and possibly a future hall of famer, but gives us no help this year. After round 2, no defensive help. Jerry might have botched any chance of us having a good year by taking a player that can't play this year.

That's not even close to the truth.
He's the real deal that will be prepared to compete during the 2017 season.
He has even more time to strength his knee, feel more comfortable under our system, and gain more knowledge.

On the flip side, we could have drafted a guy that's NFL ready, but not productive at the NFL level. I'll take the risk when it comes to Jaylon Smith.

I bet Romo and Witten are just thrilled to death with their 2-3 year window that we finally might have a good defense in 2 years.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:11 pm

HMFFL wrote:As long as we stay healthy the division should be ours.

This sorry division is wide open. I'll say this - getting a legitimate WR (Doctson) will definitely make Cousins better but their defense still has to show me they have improved. Sign all the defensive backs you want - if you can't get a pass rush then they are going to get challenged.

But the Iggles and Gints are still the Iggles and Gints. So yes - we keep Romo upright and keep the ball, we're gonna be in the hunt. As Parcells always said "Just get into the tournament". Then, we'll see what happens.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:26 pm

I'm late to the dance as there was a hockey game of some import last night and other than the Cowboys picks, I was pretty much unplugged from the draft. I'm sure I'll be more locked in today. So - here's my $0.02.

Truth be told, had Smith not gotten hurt he is easily a Top 5 player. My only problem with the pick is that it doesn't really fill a need (linebacker). But I also understand that the top DE's were all gone so it makes some sense to take a guy who - if healthy - can be a cornerstone of the Defense for years. For what it's worth - Collins didn't fill a glaring need either. But you and I both know we are weak up the middle and he should definitely help there.

I'm realistic. This team has so many holes that to expect them to get filled this draft is foolish. We are no where near Carolina or Seattle... and that's going to take a few drafts. For me though, today is the day where this draft is going to pay off or be another "meh" draft. They don't draft for <bleep> on Day three. As you and I both know, they have a terrible history on Day three over the last several seasons. I expect them to draft defense exclusively today (although I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on a WR as this is Williams' final contract year and he hasn't shown me one single reason why he should be signed to a new deal). So - let's draft well today and draft well in 2017 and see where this thing goes.

Finally - I could give a rats ass what the "Guys over at the Hoop" think. They are collectively the biggest bunch of narcissistic bozo's I've ever ran across on any sports forum. They spend their time belittling anyone who doesn't meet "their expectations" of what a Cowboys fan should or should not be and attack any "outsider" who would dare to offer a view point that isn't viewed through their silver-and-blue colored glasses. I honestly haven't looked at their crap in over a year and have zero intention of doing so going forward. The only reason they have a place to vent their garbage is because those fools Hammer and Ford are too busy trolling other websites and stealing personal data to use as false accounts to keep stirring the pot there. <bleep> them.

Return to Dallas Cowboys