Emmitt Smith: Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott better than I was

Moderator: Texas Chuck

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Emmitt Smith: Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott better than I was 

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:01 am

Emmitt Smith might have thought the Dallas Cowboys should go in another direction with the No. 4 overall pick of the 2016 NFL Draft, but that doesn't mean he's not impressed with its chosen prize in Ezekiel Elliott.

Smith, a Pro Football Hall of Famer and the NFL's all-time leading rusher, believes Elliott is even better than he was:

John ‎@jfo1229a

@EmmittSmith22 let's just hope he's as good as you were. Emmitt.

Follow
Emmitt Smith

‎@EmmittSmith22

@jfo1229a he's better

2:23 PM - 29 Apr 2016 http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000657688/article/emmitt-smith-cowboys-ezekiel-elliott-better-than-i-was
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,242

Re: Emmitt Smith: Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott better than I was 

Post#2 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:12 am

He will need to be better than Emmitt. Somehow we will have to score 38 points a game just to have a chance of winning with our current defensive roster.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,001

Post#3 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:41 pm

In 4-5 years when Zeke has ripped off 4 All Pro seasons and has a couple of rushing titles you won't be as upset about the pick as you are now.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#4 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:56 pm

No I won't. This team is going nowhere for at least 3 more years if not longer. Zeke can have all the rushing titles he wants but there will be no division titles, playoffs or Super Bowls. I've seen this dog and pony show before. Great offenses with nothing on defense never go anywhere. I said it before and will say it again, Witten will be our only hall of famer without a ring. I bet Romo and Witten are elated they might have a decent defense in 2 years. At least Jerry's play pen has a new toy for marketing purposes.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#5 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:59 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:No I won't. This team is going nowhere for at least 3 more years if not longer. Zeke can have all the rushing titles he wants but there will be no division titles, playoffs or Super Bowls. I've seen this dog and pony show before. Great offenses with nothing on defense never go anywhere. I said it before and will say it again, Witten will be our only hall of famer without a ring. I bet room and Witten are elated they might have a decent defense in 2 years. At least Jerry's play pen has a new toy for marketing purposes.

They won a division title two years ago with a crap defense and a dominant running game. And that was with a RB that isn't even half as good as Zeke.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#6 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:00 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:No I won't. This team is going nowhere for at least 3 more years if not longer. Zeke can have all the rushing titles he wants but there will be no division titles, playoffs or Super Bowls. I've seen this dog and pony show before. Great offenses with nothing on defense never go anywhere. I said it before and will say it again, Witten will be our only hall of famer without a ring. I bet room and Witten are elated they might have a decent defense in 2 years. At least Jerry's play pen has a new toy for marketing purposes.

They won a division title two years ago with a crap defense and a dominant running game. And that was with a RB that isn't even half as good as Zeke.

In a crap division... don't forget that!
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM

Post#7 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:01 pm

Roadhog Moran wrote:
Mr B wrote:

The division is still crap.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#8 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:12 pm

Mr B wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:
Mr B wrote:

The division is still crap.

Yup. There for the taking. Might as well take it.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#9 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:36 pm

Washington Redskins are hands down the best team in NFC East.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#10 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:28 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Washington Redskins are hands down the best team in NFC East.

We will see
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#11 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:07 pm

Looks like Jerry wants us to watch teams that have good defenses win all the Super Bowls the next 20 years. He just doesn't get it. A Objective 5th grader can look up on the internet and find that every team that has ever won the super bowl always had a very good to great defense.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#12 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jun 2, 2016 9:22 pm

HMFFL wrote:Emmitt Smith might have thought the Dallas Cowboys should go in another direction with the No. 4 overall pick of the 2016 NFL Draft, but that doesn't mean he's not impressed with its chosen prize in Ezekiel Elliott.

Smith, a Pro Football Hall of Famer and the NFL's all-time leading rusher, believes Elliott is even better than he was:

John ‎@jfo1229a

@EmmittSmith22 let's just hope he's as good as you were. Emmitt.

Follow
Emmitt Smith

‎@EmmittSmith22

@jfo1229a he's better

2:23 PM - 29 Apr 2016 http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000657688/article/emmitt-smith-cowboys-ezekiel-elliott-better-than-i-was

But Dorsett was better than Emmitt.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#13 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:12 pm

Mr B wrote:In 4-5 years when Zeke has ripped off 4 All Pro seasons and has a couple of rushing titles you won't be as upset about the pick as you are now.

No. I'm more upset than I thought I would be because I was right. :wink:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#14 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:12 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:No I won't. This team is going nowhere for at least 3 more years if not longer. Zeke can have all the rushing titles he wants but there will be no division titles, playoffs or Super Bowls. I've seen this dog and pony show before. Great offenses with nothing on defense never go anywhere. I said it before and will say it again, Witten will be our only hall of famer without a ring. I bet Romo and Witten are elated they might have a decent defense in 2 years. At least Jerry's play pen has a new toy for marketing purposes.

I then responded with this. :thumbsup:

Return to Dallas Cowboys