ImageImageImageImage

options to replace romo?

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Re: options to replace romo? 

Post#41 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:58 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Been hearing more chatter about Buffalo being real interested in Romo. I posted it in the general board just for thought for the others. However, I can't see Romo going their. I don't see that as a good situation for him for starters.

That just seems like wishful thinking by the leering press in upstate NY. Anyone looking at the Bills and trying to figure out what the Pegulas are doing wouldn't have to spend much time finding that is a mess up there.

After watching Brock Lobster last night it's clear Romo would be a perfect fit in Houston. Too bad they are in complete Salary Cap jail and I don't think they could rework any contract enough to make that work. That J.J. Watt contract is their albatross.

I still do not dismiss the possibility Romo reworks his contract and just stays here, guys. You shouldn't either.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
shagadelic45
General Manager
And1: 85

Post#42 » by shagadelic45 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:40 pm

i'd like a trade that brings us back a mid rounder and the bit of cap room we'd save
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#43 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:45 am

shagadelic45 wrote:i'd like a trade that brings us back a mid rounder and the bit of cap room we'd save

I'd love that. Here's hoping Jerry can build up the trade market to make that happen.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,242

Post#44 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:29 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
shagadelic45 wrote:i'd like a trade that brings us back a mid rounder and the bit of cap room we'd save

I'd love that. Here's hoping Jerry can build up the trade market to make that happen.

I believe that was Jerry's plan all along.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#45 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:34 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Been hearing more chatter about Buffalo being real interested in Romo. I posted it in the general board just for thought for the others. However, I can't see Romo going their. I don't see that as a good situation for him for starters.

That just seems like wishful thinking by the leering press in upstate NY. Anyone looking at the Bills and trying to figure out what the Pegulas are doing wouldn't have to spend much time finding that is a mess up there.

After watching Brock Lobster last night it's clear Romo would be a perfect fit in Houston. Too bad they are in complete Salary Cap jail and I don't think they could rework any contract enough to make that work. That J.J. Watt contract is their albatross.

I still do not dismiss the possibility Romo reworks his contract and just stays here, guys. You shouldn't either.

I never thought in a millions years that Romo would go to Buffalo. Just heard a lot of chatter here in the northeast for a couple weeks about it. I agree with you Otis that the perfect fit for Romo would be in Houston. I still think the other perfect fit for Romo are the Jaguars. Bortles sucks and these young guns are ready to go. And in that division, Romo could make the difference. I'm predicting the Jaguar as a sleeper in the Romo sweepstakes.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#46 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:03 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

I never thought in a millions years that Romo would go to Buffalo. Just heard a lot of chatter here in the northeast for a couple weeks about it. I agree with you Otis that the perfect fit for Romo would be in Houston. I still think the other perfect fit for Romo are the Jaguars. Bortles sucks and these young guns are ready to go. And in that division, Romo could make the difference. I'm predicting the Jaguar as a sleeper in the Romo sweepstakes.

Never gave JAX much thought but they are intriguing BJJ. I know you had them as your sleeper this season and I've said the same thing about them the last two seasons. Plenty of cap room. I guess the question - what does Marrone think they are?

I agree about Bortles. He's another guy that should have rode the bench to learn the game. He stinks right now.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#47 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:02 pm

I also read an article on yahoo last night. It came from a Cowboy wire and Houston paper. The proposed trade has Romo and our first round draft pick going to Houston for J.J. Watt. Personally I love the swap of players but I do not like giving up our first round draft choice.
shagadelic45
General Manager
And1: 85

Post#48 » by shagadelic45 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:03 pm

jax could be a sleeper...
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#49 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:08 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I also read an article on yahoo last night. It came from a Cowboy wire and Houston paper. The proposed trade has Romo and our first round draft pick going to Houston for J.J. Watt. Personally I love the swap of players but I do not like giving up our first round draft choice.

That talk has came and went down here. No way in hell that happens.

None.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,001

Post#50 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:03 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I also read an article on yahoo last night. It came from a Cowboy wire and Houston paper. The proposed trade has Romo and our first round draft pick going to Houston for J.J. Watt. Personally I love the swap of players but I do not like giving up our first round draft choice.

I heard someone on Skip Bayless' show mention that. No way I give up Romo AND our 1st. With Houston's cap situation I don't see how they could pull off that trade anyways. They are going to have trouble taking on Romo's contract as it is. Trading Watt would just be another huge cap hit for them.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#51 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:34 am

The latest I've been hearing this week, is Romo and Elway have been meeting and hanging out some.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#52 » by Mr B » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:44 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:The latest I've been hearing this week, is Romo and Elway have been meeting and hanging out some.

This is where that story came from. He was at the Trump Inauguration and apparently Elway was there too.

David Moore (@DavidMooreDMN)
1/23/17, 5:55 PM
Tony Romo and Broncos GM John Elway spotted at House Majority Leader's party p.d-news.co/ce5c via @SportsDayDFW
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#53 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Feb 2, 2017 5:55 pm

I was looking at the list of QB's Otis put up in the general board. I don't like any of them.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#54 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Feb 3, 2017 2:23 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I was looking at the list of QB's Otis put up in the general board. I don't like any of them.

If I'm the Redskins and I'm looking at that list of spares, I'm getting ready to write Cousins a big check.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#55 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:38 pm

Guys, I'm hearing that behind closed doors, Jerry is trying to work out a deal to keep Romo in Dallas as a back up for 21 million for 3 years. I thought Romo wanted to play, this doesn't feel right.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#56 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Mar 5, 2017 6:21 pm

Otis and Mr. B, I need some help with this one. What if, and I mean what if, because I really think this is what Jerry wants to do. Lets say Romo finally wakes up tomorrow and says to himself, my best chance to get a ring is if I stay in Dallas the next 2 years. So I am once again be the bigger man here and redo my contract to back up pay for the sake of the team and Cowboys as a whole. How would that scenario effect the salary cap?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#57 » by Mr B » Sun Mar 5, 2017 7:54 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Otis and Mr. B, I need some help with this one. What if, and I mean what if, because I really think this is what Jerry wants to do. Lets say Romo finally wakes up tomorrow and says to himself, my best chance to get a ring is if I stay in Dallas the next 2 years. So I am once again be the bigger man here and redo my contract to back up pay for the sake of the team and Cowboys as a whole. How would that scenario effect the salary cap?

Honestly I'm not really sure how that would work. I remember when Doug Free first got paid and then sucked the whole year he basically completely redid his contract to take less money instead of being released. Not sure how that affects the cap though. I think either way they would be on the hook for his $24.5 mil cap hit if he's on the team.

Whatever happens with Romo we should know by March 9th I would think.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#58 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Mar 7, 2017 9:56 pm

A.J. McCaron wants out of Cincinnati. I remember bringing up his name last off season. Not sure what the asking price is, but I don't want Mark Sanchez back next year as our back up. I have absolutely no faith in him at all.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#59 » by Mr B » Wed Mar 8, 2017 6:14 am

McCarron wants out because he wants to start. This wouldn't be the right place for him. I would still prefer McCown. He's a veteran that could really help Dak the way Sanchez did last season. On the field McCown is better than Sanchez too. Plus McCown is from Texas and played at SMU in Dallas. It's just a natural fit. Plus he's cheap.
NickAndersonsBack25
Rookie
And1: 67

Post#60 » by NickAndersonsBack25 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:51 am

shagadelic45 wrote:no that romo is out injured, yet again, who candallas trade for and/or sign in free agency or after cuts?

Dak.
Bobby Knight says:
"Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win."
"You don't play against opponents, you play against the game of basketball. "

Return to Dallas Cowboys