ImageImageImageImage

2016 Week 2 - At the Deadskins

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,325

Re: 2016 Week 2 - At the Deadskins 

Post#21 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:11 pm

Two more weeks and we get some of our horses back.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,043

Post#22 » by Mr B » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:23 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Two more weeks and we get some of our horses back.

They really need to get Lawrence back. Hopefully it won't take him long to get up to speed. Having him back and with Crawford's move to LE should really help. They're still a long way away from where they need to be for this team to really be successful but those two coming off the edges should make this defense somewhat better. Maliek Collins has been playing really well at the 3-tech so I hope he gets more snaps. McClain has also been pretty solid at the 1-tech.

They also need Mark Nzeocha back. He was playing well before he strained his achilles (in preseason). Not sure when/if he's expected back but they someone besides Hitches to take over at MLB. Durant I think will get the start at MLB against the Bears.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#23 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:04 pm

I see Deforest Buckner has filled in just fine for the Broncos. Both he and their defense looks better than last year.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,043

Post#24 » by Mr B » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:29 am

I wouldn't say they look better than last year because last year's defense was a championship defense. Hard to get better than that, especially since they lost Demarcus Ware for several games. Buckner has played well though.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#25 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:24 pm

Just pointing out we could have had him contributing this year. Our #2 pick is still out, yet Jerry was willing to move up to 21 with Denver and take P. Lynch. We could have moved up a little at less coast and got Buckner who's services are much more in need today. Just saying, that's all.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,975

Post#26 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:58 am

Man... Dak Prescott. What a pleasure it is to watch him. None of this is too big for the young man. He is terrific and our future is in good hands. That's my overall take from last night. The future is bright on offense. Zeke looked better (even though we all know the Bears defense was overmatched) and there was just an sense of the entire offense being in sync. If I can hope for anything next week in San Francisco, it's some continuity there.

We are what we are on defense. No sense beating that dead horse. A few positives (two turnovers - we don't get to say that much) but no pressure on Hoyer and Devin White was free to roam.

Bottom line - We beat a team we should have beat. My expectation is we do the same next week.

- Any news on Collins? Sure am glad we didn't trade Ronald Leary.
- Terrance Williams. Seriously? The guy needs to get head right with ball. Any other game and we pay for that fumble with our defense.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#27 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:14 pm

That fumble by Williams turned out to be a 14 point turn around. Fortunately for us we were able to survive that fumble. like you said, more often that not, those turn overs usually come back to haunt us.

Return to Dallas Cowboys