ImageImageImageImage

2016 Week 4 - Somewhere near the city by the bay...

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,018

Re: 2016 Week 4 - Somewhere near the city by the bay... 

Post#21 » by Mr B » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:58 am

Interesting tidbit... I heard that the Niners haven't beaten the Cowboys in San Fran since 1997.

Dallas should win this game. I think it is going to come down to who's run game is better. San Fran has a decent defense but Dallas OL is better than their DL. The Cowboys DL on the other hand is absolute garbage. We're really going to need the LB's and Safeties to come up big in this one. With Gabbert at the helm I expect the Cowboys to get another turnover or two.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,282

Post#22 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:49 pm

Just when we are finally starting to get some good play from our DB's and safeties, we have absolutely no pass rush at all.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#23 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Oct 2, 2016 3:49 pm

I'm predicting that Prescott will have a big day. I have a feeling both Beasley and Butler score today. Interested to see what Butler brings to the table anyway. On the other side of the ball, I'm worried about Hyde and Kerley.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#24 » by Mr B » Sun Oct 2, 2016 4:48 pm

Yea the Cowboys "run defense" will face their biggest test so far today. With Dez out the Niners are going to be loading the box. In order to loosen up that defense Dak is going to have to go down field at least a couple times.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#25 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Oct 2, 2016 11:39 pm

Well - gotta hand it to the defense. That was a quality effort right there considering the ugly first quarter when they made Gabbert look like Steve Young. Wilcox and Claiborne were terrific.

Never thought I would type that.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#26 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Oct 3, 2016 2:35 am

Very nice and big win for us. So Impressed with Prescott I hope Romo doesn't come back. How about Butler. He should teach Dez on how to create separation and run proper routes. Love these young kids so far. 2 cancers down, one to go and we might be on our way to something special.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#27 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Oct 3, 2016 2:47 am

Next two games will tell us a lot about our team. Cincinnati and Green Bay will be solid tests before that Iggles matchup. I sure do like being 3-1 right now.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#28 » by Mr B » Mon Oct 3, 2016 5:03 am

They're re-establishing their identity as a power running team. San Fran is a really bad offensive team but their defense is actually really good and Dallas totally kicked their ass with the run game.

Dak once again showed his poise. Being down by 14-0 on the road is not an easy thing to overcome. And we finally got to see Dak in the 2 min offense driving the team the length of the field to tie the score going into the half. He handled it like a champ!

They are now a point that if they can fix this defense they might actually have a team that is built for the playoffs and could Alsace some success.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#29 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Oct 3, 2016 12:00 pm

Mr B wrote:They're re-establishing their identity as a power running team. San Fran is a really bad offensive team but their defense is actually really good and Dallas totally kicked their ass with the run game.

Dak once again showed his poise. Being down by 14-0 on the road is not an easy thing to overcome. And we finally got to see Dak in the 2 min offense driving the team the length of the field to tie the score going into the half. He handled it like a champ!

They are now a point that if they can fix this defense they might actually have a team that is built for the playoffs and could Alsace some success.

36 minutes time of possession... with Collins and Smith and Dez on the sidelines... and - the defense actually contributing by getting off the field.

That drive at the end of the first half was the game changer for me. You're right - the Niners defense is damn good (although losing Bowman definitely hurt them and will continue to as the season progresses). Going in at halftime tied was huge.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#30 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Oct 5, 2016 8:53 pm

I'm quite impressed with our corner backs and safeties so far this season.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Oct 5, 2016 10:05 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm quite impressed with our corner backs and safeties so far this season.

Church has been pretty good. I was shocked to see Wilcox actually make some positive plays Sunday. Claiborne has been very good (who ever thought we would say Wilcox and Claiborne were good). Best thing I can say about Carr is I don't hear his name. Out of sight out of mind. Anthony Brown hasn't embarrassed himself either.

Here's hoping Lawrence can give us a little (not expecting a lot) push this week. The secondary will have their hands full with Green. Dude's a stud. And the following week... Nelson.

I say we will learn a great deal about some members of this defense the next few weeks.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#32 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Oct 6, 2016 2:03 pm

We need a lot more pressure from our D-line. I'm hoping Lawrence will add some spice to the line. Next year's draft can't get here fast enough for me. Anyone heard anymore updates regarding Jaylon Smith?
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Oct 6, 2016 2:09 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:We need a lot more pressure from our D-line. I'm hoping Lawrence will add some spice to the line. Next year's draft can't get here fast enough for me. Anyone heard anymore updates regarding Jaylon Smith?

2017 at the earliest. Absolute earliest. No point in even considering him this year.

Return to Dallas Cowboys