ImageImageImageImage

Trading for Tony Romo

Moderator: Texas Chuck

shagadelic45
General Manager
And1: 85

Trading for Tony Romo 

Post#1 » by shagadelic45 » Wed Nov 9, 2016 9:41 pm

now that Dak has proven to be the starting qb now and for the future, what teams would be interested and what draft pick/picks could Dallas get in return for Romo?

Some teams that come to mind: Jets, Niners, Broncos, Vikings, Jaguars, Redskins, Dolphins, Browns, Bears
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Re: Trading for Tony Romo 

Post#2 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:36 am

I'm laying odds that Romo is wearing a Cowboys uniform at this time next year.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#3 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:11 pm

Sounds like Jerry is waiting for the right time to inset Romo back into the line up anyways, regardless of how Prescott does from now on. I'm starting to get nervous that Jerry is gonna start **** things up very soon. he is so loyal to Romo and such an attention whore when he doesn't get enough attention. And to those Cowboy fans that don't think that will happen, well, I remember when we won back to back Super bowls, had a loaded team that should have won more than 3 Super bowls, and Jerry got rid of Jimmy. then signed Dionne and things haven't been the same since. Jerry's ego and constant attention is what I worry about most. And how will Jerry react if we keep winning and we start getting more attention than we want or deserve?
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Trading for Tony Romo 

Post#4 » by Mr B » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:08 pm

The hope for me still is that Stephen has more control over this team than anyone realizes and that he will veto Jerry again.

As for the original question I could see the Jets, Dolphins and Broncos being legit possibilities. Personally I think the Broncos would be the best trading partner. Their 1st round pick and Trevor Simien would be a reasonable asking price. The Cowboys would get the pick plus a young talented QB with starting experience to backup Dak.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#5 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:39 pm

The hell with Simien, I'd rather have the extra draft choices.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#6 » by Mr B » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:12 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:The hell with Simien, I'd rather have the extra draft choices.

One of those picks would have to go on a QB if they went that route. Unless you're comfortable with Kellen Moore or Sanchez being the backup. I'm certainly not.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#7 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:18 am

After thinking about it a bit more, I can't see Romo going anywhere till after next season. Unless he gets his ring this year. Jerry wants Romo to win a championship for Dallas.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#8 » by Mr B » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:17 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:After thinking about it a bit more, I can't see Romo going anywhere till after next season. Unless he gets his ring this year. Jerry wants Romo to win a championship for Dallas.

That's very possible. Romo has become like one of Jerry's sons and Romo and Garrett are very good friends. I saw a tweet this morning that Romo is saying he'd be ok being the backup.

In my opinion though that would be a huge waste of resources. That money could be used to resign Zach Martin, Collins, and Leary. That would lock up this entire OL for the next several years. Then spend the entire draft on defense.

Return to Dallas Cowboys