ImageImageImageImage

2016 Week 11/12 - The Dreaded Short Turnaround Week

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,230

Re: 2016 Week 11/12 - The Dreaded Short Turnaround Week 

Post#21 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:56 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:I've always laughed when I heard "the Cowboys have an advantage playing Thanksgiving because they get the long layoff..." argument. Until the advent of TNF, this was my perceived disadvantage. Essentially installing two game plans in the same interval as one week always seemed to be a hell of a challenge for the team.

Good news is this team doesn't seem to care. I just hope we get Scandrick back for the Rat Birds. Even Flacco can throw on McFadden.

Did you hear on Monday Morning how Washington was whining about the disadvantage of playing their game 5 hours after Dallas and then having to hit the road? I also saw an interview this week seeing Robert Kelly calling us Cowgirls. I know one person going home sore on the plane ride back.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,993

Post#22 » by Mr B » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:10 am

Happy Thanksgiving to you too man.

Well we're 10-1 now. Never would have imagined we would have won 10 straight. The game didn't seem nearly as close as the final score. Dez and Josh Norman got into it after the game. That should help to feed the resurgence of this rivalry.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,230

Post#23 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:51 pm

LOL. If I remember correctly, were were all worried and upset with our defense going into the season. Especially me. You know how I've been crabbing about our defense. Then you, I and Otis were not all that crazy about the draft outside of Elliot. You and I went at it with drafting defense vs. QB. lmao here, I had to stop. Did you have a thread or post stating, "If the Cowboys are ever gonna draft a QB, it has to be this year"? I'm laughing because I believe we we all had no problem with the Elliot pick (even though some of us wanted to go another direction), then we take Jaylon Smith with the number 2 pick, knowing he most likely wouldn't play this year. If I remember correctly, I'm pissed because we didn't address the defense, Otis was pissed because he felt the Smith pick was a wasted pick because of the current situation we had at the time with our defense, and you didn't have your QB yet. I don't think anyone of us were too pleased coming out of the draft, except we would potentially have a top 5 offense going in to the season. So anyways, in the 4th round we take this kid, Dak Prescott. O.K. fine, we got our QB however I don't believe we were all that gung hoo about him to be the future. Wow, funny how things turn out. I look back and reflected our season last night and this incredible ride we are on this year. Its just incredible. i say I can't get more excited, and each week I do get more excited. I'm waiting for someone to pinch me and tell me its time to wake up from my dream. This team has made me feel young again, like I was a teenager. I just didn't expect us to start doing this till next year when we should, and finally build a defensive line with next year's draft. After 16 years of Jerry hell, we deserve a year like this as longtime and suffering Cowboy fans.
Oh, By the way, who is that CB that has been filling in for Claiborne? Except for that blown assignment on Jackson yesterday, that kid has a lot of upside and I love the way he plays. Props to J. J. Wilcox as well.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#24 » by Mr B » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:11 pm

That CB is Anthony Brown. Another rookie, got him in the 6th round. Most "experts" had him projected as a 3rd rounder though. He made the mistake where he bit on a pump fake and let Jackson run by him but he also made some very nice defensive plays. He's played well overall this season. Unless they draft a CB high the top 3 CB's going into next season should be Brown, Scandrick, and a resigned Mo.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#25 » by Mr B » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:18 pm

As for the draft, yea I wanted Wentz or Lynch in the 1st round. It was excited about the Zeke pick. I was not happy at all about the Jaylon pick (still on the fence about it) and did not like the Dak pick at all. For me it was mostly because of the DUI. I remember seeing him play well in the Senior Bowl but thought the DUI just showed a real lack of self awareness and extremely poor judgement. Neither are traits I wanted in any player.much less a QB. Turns out neither are part of his character and it was just a mistake for putting himself in that situation. I was completely wrong and I couldn't be happier about it now, the kid is a stud.

Return to Dallas Cowboys