ImageImageImageImage

Is this O-line better than the one we had in the early 90's?

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,036

Re: Is this O-line better than the one we had in the early 90's? 

Post#21 » by Mr B » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:07 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:So at this point in time we can safely say this current O-line is no where near as good as the 90's squads.

However, now that Frederick is back, its starting to look that way ! :nod: :nod:

The sad part is that no one on that 90’s OL (except Larry Allen) is in the HOF. Nate Newton should also be in the HOF. When all is said and done today’s OL could have 3 HOF’s (Martin, Fredrick, and Smith). That 90’s team had amazing chemistry. That’s why they played so well together. What I like about this OL is they are all locked up for the next few years. They have an out on Tyron’s contract after the 2021 season but other than that these guys will have played together for several years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,293

Post#22 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:31 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:So at this point in time we can safely say this current O-line is no where near as good as the 90's squads.

However, now that Frederick is back, its starting to look that way ! :nod: :nod:

The sad part is that no one on that 90’s OL (except Larry Allen) is in the HOF. Nate Newton should also be in the HOF. When all is said and done today’s OL could have 3 HOF’s (Martin, Fredrick, and Smith). That 90’s team had amazing chemistry. That’s why they played so well together. What I like about this OL is they are all locked up for the next few years. They have an out on Tyron’s contract after the 2021 season but other than that these guys will have played together for several years.

I sadly beg to differ Mr. B. after what I witnessed many times this season. It still bothers me that the offensive didn't step up more and prove they were the best O-line vs. teams with winning records.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#23 » by Mr B » Thu Jan 2, 2020 11:07 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:However, now that Frederick is back, its starting to look that way ! :nod: :nod:

I sadly beg to differ Mr. B. after what I witnessed many times this season. It still bothers me that the offensive didn't step up more and prove they were the best O-line vs. teams with winning records.

You can’t base it just on this one season. You will have to go back and look at their whole body of work. Tyron is coming toward the end (as I said Cowboys have an out in his contract in 2021). So they will be able to move on or negotiate a much lower contract for him. Fredrick and Martin are still young and Fredrick will be two years removed him his illness. I would expect both of those guys to be much better next year. La’el Collins appears to be a stud RT and has potential to be just as good as prime Erik Williams. They need health and a good HC. Hopefully they will get that this off season.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#24 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:44 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

You can’t base it just on this one season. You will have to go back and look at their whole body of work. Tyron is coming toward the end (as I said Cowboys have an out in his contract in 2021). So they will be able to move on or negotiate a much lower contract for him. Fredrick and Martin are still young and Fredrick will be two years removed him his illness. I would expect both of those guys to be much better next year. La’el Collins appears to be a stud RT and has potential to be just as good as prime Erik Williams. They need health and a good HC. Hopefully they will get that this off season.

I don't know about that. As much as I love Neely, Wright, Scott., I have to admit Erik Williams is the best O-lineman that ever put on a uniform for the Cowboys.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#25 » by Mr B » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:53 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I sadly beg to differ Mr. B. after what I witnessed many times this season. It still bothers me that the offensive didn't step up more and prove they were the best O-line vs. teams with winning records.

I don't know about that. As much as I love Neely, Wright, Scott., I have to admit Erik Williams is the best O-lineman that ever put on a uniform for the Cowboys.

Prime Erick Williams would be 2nd on my list behind Larry Allen. What I was saying that with longevity and more pro bowls under his belt Collins has a chance to be just as good if not better than Williams. He has the same mean streak, only he’s bigger.

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,451

Post#26 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:38 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Mr B
RealGM

Post#27 » by Mr B » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:21 am

Kind of a shock but totally understandable. He’s got young kids. Plus with everything he went through the season before last and with this whole virus thing it makes sense. Wish him well.

As for the Cowboys, they resigned Looney and McGovern can also play center. Would not shock me if they grab a center in the middle rounds.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#28 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:26 am

The O-line position is almost as deep as the WR position.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#29 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:19 pm

Time to put this thread to rest forever. The 90's O-line was IMHO historically the best ever. Not just Cowboys best ever, but the best ever in the whole Super Bowl era. Its beyond laughable to even consider this year's O-line and the 2018 O-line with the early 90's O-line. The 90's O-line for one thing played extremely physical. As a matter of fact that play rough, tough, with an edge, always had a mean streak and were just downright nasty. Neither the 2018 or this year's team had any of those characteristics. Another thing the 90's O-line had, disipline. This year's team might want to look that word up the dictionary so they know what it means.

Return to Dallas Cowboys