ImageImageImageImage

Memorbilia Collectors

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,230

Re: Memorbilia Collectors 

Post#21 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:47 am

If you guys change your mind, let me know. I have extras of everything I listed above. Whatever you guys want is free of charge. After that I will be doing a show next month and I can't guarantee what I will have left after that. Sorry, I don't have a Jason Witten. i don't have anything past 1998. Nobody worthy to put on my blue room wall since then. If Witten doesn't make or win a Super Bowl, he will never get on it. Looks like he may be the only Dallas Cowboy to make the hall of fame without a ring.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#22 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Aug 2, 2017 11:53 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I would be interested in the following Cowboy games if you have it; 1971 NFC Championship game, Super Bowl V, 1972 NFC Championship game, 1973 Divisional games vs, 49ers, 1976 NFC Championship game vs, Rams, 1979 NFC Championship game vs, Rams, late 1979 regular season game vs, Redskins (for division championship) and the 1981 NFC championship game vs. the egals (last game in their old, original royal blue jersey jinx jerseys).

I stumbled across this yesterday, BJJ. Tried to download a copy but it didn't take. I'm going to try again but I was have been told for years that a copy of this game didn't exist. It does.

Super Bowl V - Dallas Cowboys -vs- Baltimore Colts
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3ncyhv
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#23 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Aug 2, 2017 12:20 pm

1:18:50...

Still pisses me off.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#24 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Aug 2, 2017 12:25 pm

And - the last hour, no video. Just the game audio.

I guess the full game doesn't exist after all. Crap.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#25 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Aug 2, 2017 6:59 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:And - the last hour, no video. Just the game audio.

You really didn't want to see Craig Morton give the game away with 3 int's anyway in the last quarter. Still sickens me to this day that Doomsday I didn't get rewarded because of the worst qb performance in super bowl history. I always hated you Otis. Gee, thanks.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#26 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Aug 2, 2017 9:32 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:And - the last hour, no video. Just the game audio.

You really didn't want to see Craig Morton give the game away with 3 int's anyway in the last quarter. Still sickens me to this day that Doomsday I didn't get rewarded because of the worst qb performance in super bowl history. I always hated you Otis. Gee, thanks.

I like getting kicked in the nuts. That's why I watch SB XIII.

Over. And over.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#27 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:52 am

Finally !! After 28 years of searching, etc., I finally have a the other Signed Chuck Howley photo on the way of his second INT in Super Bowl V. His 2nd int was the first play of the fourth quarter. Can't wait to frame and add it to my blue room. And I don't want to talk about what happened after the great MVP Chuck Howley made that great play for his second int of the game. wink wink.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:06 pm

25 years ago today... and I have framed editions of the Dallas Morning News from that day as well as two weeks later.

Because - at this point, memories are all I got.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#29 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:54 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:25 years ago today... and I have framed editions of the Dallas Morning News from that day as well as two weeks later.

All those nice framed newspaper stories, nice, impressive. Where are the 5 super bowl plaques? :wink: P.S. I could use that white hat when I go fishing, :lol:
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:01 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:25 years ago today... and I have framed editions of the Dallas Morning News from that day as well as two weeks later.

All those nice framed newspaper stories, nice, impressive. Where are the 5 super bowl plaques? :wink: P.S. I could use that white hat when I go fishing, :lol:

That white hat is used for golfing, sir.

I have the three Dallas Morning News for all of the 90's Super Bowls in frames along with the 96 NFC Championship game against GB... which also has our tickets from that game. Also have the edition from the Stars winning the 99 Stanley Cup and the Mavs 2011 Championship. My youngest grandson has claimed dibs on all of it. He's a smart kid.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#31 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:04 pm

That white hat would look so much better with a few trout flies hooked in it !! wink, wink, lol.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,993

Post#32 » by Mr B » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:34 am

Don’t remember if I shared these. I took them when I took a tour of the Star in Frisco. I have more but there is a bad glare on most of them.

ImageImageImageImageImage
Mr B
RealGM

Post#33 » by Mr B » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:36 am

These are all the different uniforms they wore throughout their history. I was amazed at the difference in the shoes.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#34 » by Mr B » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:38 am

Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:10 pm

Mr B wrote:Image

These are all the different uniforms they wore throughout their history. I was amazed at the difference in the shoes.

Quincy Carter?

Joke... and NO ONE should ever wear Don Meredith's number.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#36 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:59 pm

It only took 11 years, but I finally have the other interception MVP Chuck Howley had in Super Bowl V. A signed photo on top of it !!! The first play of the 4th period in the colt end zone. However that was the absolute last good thing to happen to the Cowboys after that play despite being up 13 - 6. Still feel so bad to this day that the Doomsday ! Defense got robbed of a Super Bowl to an inferior team. Oh, that's right, Craig Morton. Never mind, I don't want to talk about it anymore. Maybe I'm still in need for therapy to deal with the life altering experience.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#37 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:06 pm

Some of these uni's are not legit. The Cowboy home white uniforms have not changed since 1967. Neither have our helmets except for the 1976 bicentennial year. The greenish tinted pants were not introduced till the mid -90's. Our pants from 1964 to 1981 were more a silver grey with a more bluish tint starting in 1975. And I didn't see a royal blue jersey anywhere in there that we wore from 1966 - 1981 before we changed to navy.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#38 » by Mr B » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:16 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Some of these uni's are not legit. The Cowboy home white uniforms have not changed since 1967. Neither have our helmets except for the 1976 bicentennial year. The greenish tinted pants were not introduced till the mid -90's. Our pants from 1964 to 1981 were more a silver grey with a more bluish tint starting in 1975. And I didn't see a royal blue jersey anywhere in there that we wore from 1966 - 1981 before we changed to navy.

I don’t think you’re correct on the pants. Tex Went with the greenish tinted color pants because they looked better on tv and if I’m not mistaken because his daughter liked the color. I could be wrong about that last part but the greenish ones were around in the early 80’s for sure.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#39 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:16 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

I don’t think you’re correct on the pants. Tex Went with the greenish tinted color pants because they looked better on tv and if I’m not mistaken because his daughter liked the color. I could be wrong about that last part but the greenish ones were around in the early 80’s for sure.

Ever since you mentioned to me on the tinted green pants I had to go back and look and do some research. I can't seem to find the information I was looking for, but to my best recollection, it was either 1993 or 1995 when they first started messing around adding the greenish tint to our pants. I'm quite certain it was around that time. The greenish tinted pants are alright. I just think the silver/silver/blueish tinted pants looked much better and matched the blueish tint in the helmets perfectly.
Because I couldn't find the information I wanted, I spent an hour in my blue room today going over going over 5 decades of photo's and plaques. In 1964 its quite obvious our pants were were a grey/silver in color after we were pure white are first 4 years. Actually that was one change I really liked. I never liked the white pants and white helmet with just a blue star in it. After studying my photo's and 400+ plaques in my blue room, I don't notice the blue tint added to the pants till the 1975 season. And I see these same pants all the way up through till the mid 90's like I said. Even Troy, Emmitt and Michael had the same blueish tinted pants in their first two super Bowls. The first evidence I see of the greenish tint added to the pants were on two photo's. Charles Haley and Mark Dionne Sanders.
When we changed road uniforms in 1981 from royal blue to navy blue, we had grey/silver number instead of the white we have today. Liked those much better to. The pants we use for the dark jerseys are now silver metallic and haven't changed in color. However, and I'm not sure you guys remember, but for about 6 or 7 years we had small numbers on the hips of the pants. So glad they got rid of that. Never liked that look at all.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#40 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jul 4, 2018 5:00 pm

I just found a very nice vintage photo of the Cowboy's vs. Rams in 1970 Playoff bowl. The problem with the photo is Merlin Olson is chasing Craig Morton out of the pocket. A signed Craig Morton for $12.99. Damn, does he go cheap.

Return to Dallas Cowboys