ImageImageImageImage

trading dez bryant?

Moderator: Texas Chuck

shagadelic45
General Manager
And1: 12

trading dez bryant? 

Post#1 » by shagadelic45 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:32 pm

dallas was 5-1 ithout dez and romo to start the year last year.....i know dez is a top 10 player, but what if Tennessee offered their 2 first rounders ( #5 and #18)for dez? a deal worth making?

the titans are close to making the jump but need a #1 receiver in the worst way.....
bluejerseyjinx
Lead Assistant
And1: 695

Re: trading dez bryant? 

Post#2 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:24 pm

Ive been all for trading Dez for 3 years. I know he is a beast and physical presence, but doesn't create seperation and is not at all disiplined in route running. While we are young and about to get younger when we draft our defensive players this year (as I hope and pray), now is the perfect time imho. Nevertheless I believe Mr. B and/or Otis mentioned something like a 17m cap hit or something along those lines about 6 weeks ago or I would be all in on getting rid of Dez.
bluejerseyjinx
Lead Assistant

Post#3 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:15 pm

shagadelic45 wrote:dallas was 5-1 ithout dez and romo to start the year last year.....i know dez is a top 10 player, but what if Tennessee offered their 2 first rounders ( #5 and #18)for dez? a deal worth making?

the titans are close to making the jump but need a #1 receiver in the worst way.....

I personally would do it in a heartbeat. that would give us 3 first round draft choices for our defense !!!!!!!!!!! If only I was the Gm of the Cowboys and the Titans came to me with that offer. Oh boy. I wouldn't even talk about it with my staff. It would be a done deal within 5 minutes after I get off the phone. All in with that offer and go to bed tonight with a huge smile on my face. :D :nod: :pray:
shagadelic45
General Manager
And1: 12

Post#4 » by shagadelic45 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:39 pm

overthecap shows by trading dez, dallas would save $5 million (but have $12 million in dead money)
bluejerseyjinx
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:06 pm

shagadelic45 wrote:overthecap shows by trading dez, dallas would save $5 million (but have $12 million in dead money)

That's the only reason to keep Dez for another year, otherwise I would be all over that trade without thinking about and never turn back.
Mr B
Veteran
And1: 547

Post#6 » by Mr B » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:04 pm

I love having Dez on this team. Dude is a beast and has way more good plays than bad plays. He's also a huge positive influence in the locker room during the off season.

With all that said, I would drive Dez to Tennessee myself if they offered the 5th and 18th pick for Dez. Having three 1st round picks would allow the Cowboys to completely rebuild their defense in 1 year. Would also allow them to get pretty much any player they wanted in this draft.

Return to Dallas Cowboys