ImageImageImageImage

Past Cowboys's Not in the Hall Of Fame.

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,041

Re: Past Cowboys's Not in the Hall Of Fame. 

Post#21 » by Mr B » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:11 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:It was awesome to finally see Cliff and Drew get in this year along with Jimmy. Felt really bad for Drew for so many years. Must of been wrenching to be the only member from the all 70's decade team to not get in till this year. Huge relief for me as well after watching Drew as a little kid and young man growing up. Hard to argue Cliff didn't belong either. Played 10 years for the Cowboys as Captain Crash playing in 5 Super Bowls and 7 NFC Championship games in that span. Cliff was one of the smartest and hardest hitting safeties I have ever seen. I only have Ralph Neely and Ed "Too Tall" Jones as the only ones left out as of now. Maybe Nate Newton and Eric Williams are in the conversation. I'm surprised Craig Morton never got mention, :wink:

Nate Newton and Darren Woodson I think are the two most deserving Cowboys that are not currently in the HOF. Both were multiple 1st team All Pro and both were major contributors to multiple SB teams. Newton might be the most decorated OL not in the HOF. Woodson is easily the most decorated Safety not in the HOF.

Didn't Nate Newton play for us for about 13 years?

Yea he played in Dallas for 12 seasons. Other than Larry Allen (who is in the HOF) Newton was the most consistent OL on those 90’s Cowboys teams. He’s also one of the best personalities out of those Cowboys teams.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,975

Post#22 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:25 pm

Today, DWare should get his deserved call. An absolute and deserving HOF candidate regardless of how certain people here feel about him.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM

Post#23 » by Mr B » Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:51 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:Today, DWare should get his deserved call. An absolute and deserving HOF candidate regardless of how certain people here feel about him.

Yea he’s got the stats and a ring. Definitely deserves to be in. I still also think Darren Woodson and Nate Newton belong in the HOF. Has Rayfield Wright got in yet? If not he also deserves to be in.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#24 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:31 am

Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:Today, DWare should get his deserved call. An absolute and deserving HOF candidate regardless of how certain people here feel about him.

Yea he’s got the stats and a ring. Definitely deserves to be in. I still also think Darren Woodson and Nate Newton belong in the HOF. Has Rayfield Wright got in yet? If not he also deserves to be in.

Wright went in back in 2006. And I agree about Woody (only authentic jersey I own) and Nate. Shame is Woodson gets lost in the safety shuffle unfairly along with Leroy Butler. Both of those guys belong.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#25 » by Mr B » Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:14 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Wright went in back in 2006. And I agree about Woody (only authentic jersey I own) and Nate. Shame is Woodson gets lost in the safety shuffle unfairly along with Leroy Butler. Both of those guys belong.

Woodson has been all class off the field too.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#26 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:12 am

Welp… not this year.

His time will come.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#27 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jan 5, 2023 4:33 pm

Chuck Howley
Demarcus Ware
Darren Woodson

Would love to see all three get in but that's very unlikely knowing the past history of HoF voting. At least one gets in though. My bet would be DWare. Still hate that Woodson isn't in and Howley should have been in a long, long time ago.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#28 » by Mr B » Thu Jan 5, 2023 5:14 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:Chuck Howley
Demarcus Ware
Darren Woodson

Would love to see all three get in but that's very unlikely knowing the past history of HoF voting. At least one gets in though. My bet would be DWare. Still hate that Woodson isn't in and Howley should have been in a long, long time ago.

I actually think Woodson gets in this time. Nate Newton should be on this list too.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,320

Post#29 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:30 pm

Its beyond criminal that Chuck Howley is not in the Hall Of fame. :cry: :waaa: :sad: :upset:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#30 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:26 pm

Same for Nate Newton. By all metrics he’s a HOF’er. Has the accolades, the rings, the personality. I believe he and Mark Tuinei were the only two constants on those great Dallas OL’s of the 90’s.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#31 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:47 pm

Mr B wrote:Same for Nate Newton. By all metrics he’s a HOF’er. Has the accolades, the rings, the personality. I believe he and Mark Tuinei were the only two constants on those great Dallas OL’s of the 90’s.

I always thought Erik Williams was the best tackle we ever had. Never was the same after the car accident.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#32 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:02 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Same for Nate Newton. By all metrics he’s a HOF’er. Has the accolades, the rings, the personality. I believe he and Mark Tuinei were the only two constants on those great Dallas OL’s of the 90’s.

I always thought Erik Williams was the best tackle we ever had. Never was the same after the car accident.

If not for the car wreck he’d be a HOF’er for sure, same for Travis Fredrick if he never got sick.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:58 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:Chuck Howley
Demarcus Ware
Darren Woodson

Welp… 2 out of 3 in that vote ain’t bad at all. Just glad that Howley’s selection wasn’t a posthumous one even though he probably has no clue he made it (dementia). Ware was a shoo-in. Hope Woody gets another shot next year. He belongs.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#34 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:22 pm

Chuck Howley finally gets in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :clap: :clap: :rocking: :rocking:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#35 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:17 pm

Now that Chuck Howley has finally made it in, I have only two more players from my era that are still left out. Ed "Too Tall" Jones and Ralph Neely. Larry Cole played in 24 playoff games, but I don't know if he is quite deserving. I always loved Jethro Pugh but not sure if he has enough love to get it as well.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:59 pm

Cubby up for consideration... don't know what his chances are as there are 30 others in there as well.

60 semifinalists named for Class of 2024 in Senior, Coach/Contributor categories
https://www.profootballhof.com/news/2023/60-semifinalists-named-for-class-of-2024-in-senior,-coach-contributor-categories/
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#37 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:18 pm

Relieved to see Gil Brandt was not on the list.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:29 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Relived to see Gil Brandt was not on the list.

He went in back in 2019
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#39 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:51 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Relived to see Gil Brandt was not on the list.

He went in back in 2019

If I had a vote I would vote him off the list.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#40 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:38 pm

I also have no objection for Dan Reeves getting in. Solid career as both player and coach.

Return to Dallas Cowboys