ImageImageImageImage

Romo

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,000

Romo 

Post#1 » by Mr B » Fri Aug 4, 2017 5:23 am

I have something I want to bring up about Romo and figured we should have one thread for anyone to bring up anything they might want to talk about, in regards to Tony Romo.

First did you guys see him and Jim Nantz sitting in that box doing a practice run for their show? Seemed kind of weird.

Also did you guys hear about Tannehill? Should they seriously try to pursue Romo? They actually have a good team. If Romo is still interested in playing that might be a good situation for him.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Re: Romo 

Post#2 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Aug 4, 2017 11:41 am

I honestly think he's done. I think his wife had a lot to do with it and I also think him being able to play golf with his dad had a ton to do with it. I expect there will be plenty of noise about the Dolphins going after him and/or Cutler. I'm not feeling it for either of those guys. In Tony's case particularly... he hasn't done any prep work for his back. Golf sure isn't the type of prep work he would need to prepare his back for a 16 game season.

Next year - maybe. But he's not playing this season. I'd bet money on that.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,242

Post#3 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Aug 5, 2017 11:50 pm

Don't care where Romo goes as long as its not back into a Cowboy uniform.
NickAndersonsBack25
Rookie
And1: 67

Post#4 » by NickAndersonsBack25 » Sun Aug 6, 2017 4:48 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:I honestly think he's done. I think his wife had a lot to do with it and I also think him being able to play golf with his dad had a ton to do with it. I expect there will be plenty of noise about the Dolphins going after him and/or Cutler. I'm not feeling it for either of those guys. In Tony's case particularly... he hasn't done any prep work for his back. Golf sure isn't the type of prep work he would need to prepare his back for a 16 game season.

I've had a feeling that Tony and Jerry have some sort of secret agreement keeping Tony from joining other teams at least through a certain week this year. In exchange, Tony has a handshake agreement for some future consulting role with the Jones family.
Bobby Knight says:
"Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win."
"You don't play against opponents, you play against the game of basketball. "
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#5 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Aug 6, 2017 4:54 pm

NickAndersonsBack25 wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:I honestly think he's done. I think his wife had a lot to do with it and I also think him being able to play golf with his dad had a ton to do with it. I expect there will be plenty of noise about the Dolphins going after him and/or Cutler. I'm not feeling it for either of those guys. In Tony's case particularly... he hasn't done any prep work for his back. Golf sure isn't the type of prep work he would need to prepare his back for a 16 game season.

I've had a feeling that Tony and Jerry have some sort of secret agreement keeping Tony from joining other teams at least through a certain week this year. In exchange, Tony has a handshake agreement for some future consulting role with the Jones family.

I don't doubt for a second that if the TV gig doesn't work out he will always have a place here with the Jones family. And he should. Like Jerry said last night - he's taken a lot of grief on behalf of the Cowboys over the last 10 years. Much of it unjustified.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."

Return to Dallas Cowboys