ImageImageImageImage

Amazon Prime - All Or Nothing

Moderator: Texas Chuck

User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,925
And1: 1,639
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
Contact:
       

Re: Amazon Prime - All Or Nothing 

Post#21 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu May 3, 2018 1:34 pm

gravytrain24 wrote:I'm trying to finish this in the next couple days. The wife is pissed cuz I'm taking away her video game time on the ps4. Series gets really good once they start losing.


My wife will be working a local function this evening. I'll get to watch Episodes 4 & 5 tonight.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
gravytrain24
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,342
And1: 312
Joined: Jan 27, 2016
         

Re: Amazon Prime - All Or Nothing 

Post#22 » by gravytrain24 » Thu May 3, 2018 5:27 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
gravytrain24 wrote:I'm trying to finish this in the next couple days. The wife is pissed cuz I'm taking away her video game time on the ps4. Series gets really good once they start losing.


My wife will be working a local function this evening. I'll get to watch Episodes 4 & 5 tonight.

I only have 7 and 8 left and I'm sad that there's no more after.
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,925
And1: 1,639
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
Contact:
       

Re: Amazon Prime - All Or Nothing 

Post#23 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun May 6, 2018 1:52 pm

Finished Episode 5 last night. The only bad thing about this series is being forced to relive games I would prefer never reliving again.

Like that Philly game in Week 11.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,925
And1: 1,639
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
Contact:
       

Re: Amazon Prime - All Or Nothing 

Post#24 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun May 6, 2018 7:46 pm

Episode 6.

That damn Chargers game.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
User avatar
Cactus Jack
RealGM
Posts: 15,957
And1: 7,857
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
Location: NBA team was stolen
     

Re: Amazon Prime - All Or Nothing 

Post#25 » by Cactus Jack » Sun May 6, 2018 9:55 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:Episode 6.

That damn Chargers game.

My favorite episode is the Finale. :biggrin: :thumbsup:
Waylanderz wrote:Seattle. That fan base deserves their team back.

Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,925
And1: 1,639
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
Contact:
       

Re: Amazon Prime - All Or Nothing 

Post#26 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon May 7, 2018 1:08 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:Episode 6.

That damn Chargers game.

My favorite episode is the Finale. :biggrin: :thumbsup:


Angry, miserable troll. :upset:
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,925
And1: 1,639
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
Contact:
       

Re: Amazon Prime - All Or Nothing 

Post#27 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon May 7, 2018 1:10 am

Finished it tonight. I’ll be making an effort to watch the others at during the summer. That’s so much better than “Hard Knocks” it isn’t even worth trying to make a point. That final scene of Sean Lee...

Hopefully Vander Esch is in there with him.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
User avatar
Cactus Jack
RealGM
Posts: 15,957
And1: 7,857
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
Location: NBA team was stolen
     

Re: Amazon Prime - All Or Nothing 

Post#28 » by Cactus Jack » Mon May 7, 2018 2:16 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:Episode 6.

That damn Chargers game.

My favorite episode is the Finale. :biggrin: :thumbsup:


Angry, miserable troll. :upset:

Sorry, couldnt help myself! :wink:

It was actually very entertaining. Much better than Hard Knocks production.
Waylanderz wrote:Seattle. That fan base deserves their team back.

Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
gravytrain24
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,342
And1: 312
Joined: Jan 27, 2016
         

Re: Amazon Prime - All Or Nothing 

Post#29 » by gravytrain24 » Mon May 7, 2018 5:04 pm

My thoughts:
1. Sean Lee could possibly be the next defensive coordinator. The scene where he was explaining the correct stuff to the coach, I think vs the Eagles was great. He's smart and a leader. Just sucks that injuries keep getting him.
2. The media got a lot of stuff wrong about Dez, and I think the show did a good job of letting us see that. Was he disruptive at times, yes but I don't think it was enough to say it was hurting the team. His play did drop but he was passionate about winning here.
3. Hug it out!!!
4. I don't like Garrett.
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,925
And1: 1,639
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
Contact:
       

Re: Amazon Prime - All Or Nothing 

Post#30 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon May 7, 2018 5:40 pm

gravytrain24 wrote:My thoughts:
1. Sean Lee could possibly be the next defensive coordinator. The scene where he was explaining the correct stuff to the coach, I think vs the Eagles was great. He's smart and a leader. Just sucks that injuries keep getting him.


Former coach... at least on the Cowboys.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/Board/103087/Contents/Cowboys-cutting-ties-with-secondary-coach-Joe-Baker--113178500
Cowboys cutting ties with secondary coach Joe Baker

Sources: Cowboys begin making coaching staff changes

According to multiple sources, special-teams coordinator Rich Bisaccia will be allowed to leave despite being under contract with the Cowboys for two more seasons, and quarterbacks coach Wade Wilson and secondary coach Joe Baker, whose contracts were set to expire, were told they will not be back with the team.

Bisaccia will most likely to join Jon Gruden with the Oakland Raiders.

The future of offensive line coach Frank Pollack is also in question, despite having three Pro Bowl players -- Tyron Smith, Travis Frederick and Zack Martin -- in place since 2014. Pollack took over as line coach in 2015; during his tenure the Cowboys have finished ninth, second and second in the NFL in rushing
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
User avatar
Cactus Jack
RealGM
Posts: 15,957
And1: 7,857
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
Location: NBA team was stolen
     

Re: Amazon Prime - All Or Nothing 

Post#31 » by Cactus Jack » Mon May 7, 2018 5:46 pm

gravytrain24 wrote:My thoughts:
1. Sean Lee could possibly be the next defensive coordinator. The scene where he was explaining the correct stuff to the coach, I think vs the Eagles was great. He's smart and a leader. Just sucks that injuries keep getting him.
2. The media got a lot of stuff wrong about Dez, and I think the show did a good job of letting us see that. Was he disruptive at times, yes but I don't think it was enough to say it was hurting the team. His play did drop but he was passionate about winning here.
3. Hug it out!!!
4. I don't like Garrett.

My unbiased observations:

You can tell Lee watches the most film out of everyone. That's why he's so good for you. He's the QB of the defense. Every team needs one of those.

I'm still a strong believer that cutting ties with Dez is a good thing. Dak would force him the ball at times. He's just not a productive enough player anymore.

Garrett is a better coach than most give him credit for imho. A head coaches job is to motivate & get the most out of his players. With players like Sean Lee, Tyron & Zeke missing a significant amount of time, the rest of the team is very average in talent (Thus a 9-7 Record). There's only so much a coaching staff can do with key players out. Is he Bill Belichick? No. But, there's only one of those & he just happens to have the GOAT at QB.
Waylanderz wrote:Seattle. That fan base deserves their team back.

Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,925
And1: 1,639
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
Contact:
       

Re: Amazon Prime - All Or Nothing 

Post#32 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon May 7, 2018 6:01 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
gravytrain24 wrote:My thoughts:
1. Sean Lee could possibly be the next defensive coordinator. The scene where he was explaining the correct stuff to the coach, I think vs the Eagles was great. He's smart and a leader. Just sucks that injuries keep getting him.
2. The media got a lot of stuff wrong about Dez, and I think the show did a good job of letting us see that. Was he disruptive at times, yes but I don't think it was enough to say it was hurting the team. His play did drop but he was passionate about winning here.
3. Hug it out!!!
4. I don't like Garrett.

My unbiased observations:

You can tell Lee watches the most film out of everyone. That's why he's so good for you. He's the QB of the defense. Every team needs one of those.

I'm still a strong believer that cutting ties with Dez is a good thing. Dak would force him the ball at times. He's just not a productive enough player anymore.

Garrett is a better coach than most give him credit for imho. A head coaches job is to motivate & get the most out of his players. With players like Sean Lee, Tyron & Zeke missing a significant amount of time, the rest of the team is very average in talent (Thus a 9-7 Record). There's only so much a coaching staff can do with key players out. Is he Bill Belichick? No. But, there's only one of those & he just happens to have the GOAT at QB.


If it weren't for those in-game faux pas that he's notorious for, I might agree with you. But, things like the Chaz Green incident in the Atlanta game... the play at the end of the 1st half against the Chiefs... his recurring lack of time management and situational game management skills...

Those are what frustrate me as a fan... far more than his ability to coach men up (which I do tend to agree with you on).
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
User avatar
Cactus Jack
RealGM
Posts: 15,957
And1: 7,857
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
Location: NBA team was stolen
     

Re: Amazon Prime - All Or Nothing 

Post#33 » by Cactus Jack » Mon May 7, 2018 6:17 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
gravytrain24 wrote:My thoughts:
1. Sean Lee could possibly be the next defensive coordinator. The scene where he was explaining the correct stuff to the coach, I think vs the Eagles was great. He's smart and a leader. Just sucks that injuries keep getting him.
2. The media got a lot of stuff wrong about Dez, and I think the show did a good job of letting us see that. Was he disruptive at times, yes but I don't think it was enough to say it was hurting the team. His play did drop but he was passionate about winning here.
3. Hug it out!!!
4. I don't like Garrett.

My unbiased observations:

You can tell Lee watches the most film out of everyone. That's why he's so good for you. He's the QB of the defense. Every team needs one of those.

I'm still a strong believer that cutting ties with Dez is a good thing. Dak would force him the ball at times. He's just not a productive enough player anymore.

Garrett is a better coach than most give him credit for imho. A head coaches job is to motivate & get the most out of his players. With players like Sean Lee, Tyron & Zeke missing a significant amount of time, the rest of the team is very average in talent (Thus a 9-7 Record). There's only so much a coaching staff can do with key players out. Is he Bill Belichick? No. But, there's only one of those & he just happens to have the GOAT at QB.


If it weren't for those in-game faux pas that he's notorious for, I might agree with you. But, things like the Chaz Green incident in the Atlanta game... the play at the end of the 1st half against the Chiefs... his recurring lack of time management and situational game management skills...

Those are what frustrate me as a fan... far more than his ability to coach men up (which I do tend to agree with you on).

That's fair. But, the Coordinators & Assistant coaches typically have a larger role in those aspects. Unless he's the one who's calling the plays. Scott Linehan calls the offensive plays does he not? The lions share of the responsibility should fall on Linehan & Marinelli in regards to playcalling & substitutions.

In some ways, a Head Coach can be nothing more than a motivational Speaker (Figure head). He addresses the team. Oversee's everything. But, his Assistant coaches for the most part run things. They often get way too much blame/credit. Imo this fits Jason Garrett. He's a cheerleader. But, most if not all Head Coaches are. :wink:
Waylanderz wrote:Seattle. That fan base deserves their team back.

Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,925
And1: 1,639
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
Contact:
       

Re: Amazon Prime - All Or Nothing 

Post#34 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon May 7, 2018 8:49 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:My unbiased observations:

You can tell Lee watches the most film out of everyone. That's why he's so good for you. He's the QB of the defense. Every team needs one of those.

I'm still a strong believer that cutting ties with Dez is a good thing. Dak would force him the ball at times. He's just not a productive enough player anymore.

Garrett is a better coach than most give him credit for imho. A head coaches job is to motivate & get the most out of his players. With players like Sean Lee, Tyron & Zeke missing a significant amount of time, the rest of the team is very average in talent (Thus a 9-7 Record). There's only so much a coaching staff can do with key players out. Is he Bill Belichick? No. But, there's only one of those & he just happens to have the GOAT at QB.


If it weren't for those in-game faux pas that he's notorious for, I might agree with you. But, things like the Chaz Green incident in the Atlanta game... the play at the end of the 1st half against the Chiefs... his recurring lack of time management and situational game management skills...

Those are what frustrate me as a fan... far more than his ability to coach men up (which I do tend to agree with you on).

That's fair. But, the Coordinators & Assistant coaches typically have a larger role in those aspects. Unless he's the one who's calling the plays. Scott Linehan calls the offensive plays does he not? The lions share of the responsibility should fall on Linehan & Marinelli in regards to playcalling & substitutions.

In some ways, a Head Coach can be nothing more than a motivational Speaker (Figure head). He addresses the team. Oversee's everything. But, his Assistant coaches for the most part run things. They often get way too much blame/credit. Imo this fits Jason Garrett. He's a cheerleader. But, most if not all Head Coaches are. :wink:


And yet, we constantly see during the 8 episodes Jim Maurer (Cowboys trainer) letting Garrett know "Lee is out" or "Bailey is out" or "Dak is getting X-Rays"... and when that disaster happens before halftime of the Chiefs game, it's Garrett who has to own it. Landry would have... Jimmy would have... Parcells would have...

He had to be more than a cheerleader during the game.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
gravytrain24
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,342
And1: 312
Joined: Jan 27, 2016
         

Re: Amazon Prime - All Or Nothing 

Post#35 » by gravytrain24 » Mon May 7, 2018 8:52 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:My unbiased observations:

You can tell Lee watches the most film out of everyone. That's why he's so good for you. He's the QB of the defense. Every team needs one of those.

I'm still a strong believer that cutting ties with Dez is a good thing. Dak would force him the ball at times. He's just not a productive enough player anymore.

Garrett is a better coach than most give him credit for imho. A head coaches job is to motivate & get the most out of his players. With players like Sean Lee, Tyron & Zeke missing a significant amount of time, the rest of the team is very average in talent (Thus a 9-7 Record). There's only so much a coaching staff can do with key players out. Is he Bill Belichick? No. But, there's only one of those & he just happens to have the GOAT at QB.


If it weren't for those in-game faux pas that he's notorious for, I might agree with you. But, things like the Chaz Green incident in the Atlanta game... the play at the end of the 1st half against the Chiefs... his recurring lack of time management and situational game management skills...

Those are what frustrate me as a fan... far more than his ability to coach men up (which I do tend to agree with you on).

That's fair. But, the Coordinators & Assistant coaches typically have a larger role in those aspects. Unless he's the one who's calling the plays. Scott Linehan calls the offensive plays does he not? The lions share of the responsibility should fall on Linehan & Marinelli in regards to playcalling & substitutions.

In some ways, a Head Coach can be nothing more than a motivational Speaker (Figure head). He addresses the team. Oversee's everything. But, his Assistant coaches for the most part run things. They often get way too much blame/credit. Imo this fits Jason Garrett. He's a cheerleader. But, most if not all Head Coaches are. :wink:

Garrett isn't good as a game manager and as a head coach, if you don't see something you like you need to be able to change it. I didn't see any of that. I get trusting you're coordinators but at some point when you haven't scored a TD in so long and your offense was garbage, stepping in and review tape together and suggesting things might not be a bad idea.
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,925
And1: 1,639
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
Contact:
       

Re: Amazon Prime - All Or Nothing 

Post#36 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon May 7, 2018 8:52 pm

I'll tell you who really comes out looking well in the series and that's Gary Brown. Don't know if he has OC skills or even HC skills but he sure does lead his RB's well. He seems like a guy players would really respect.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
gravytrain24
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,342
And1: 312
Joined: Jan 27, 2016
         

Re: Amazon Prime - All Or Nothing 

Post#37 » by gravytrain24 » Mon May 7, 2018 8:53 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:I'll tell you who really comes out looking well in the series and that's Gary Brown. Don't know if he has OC skills or even HC skills but he sure does lead his RB's well. He seems like a guy players would really respect.

100% agree. The scene where he invites the RB's to his house for dinner was great and he was an excellent motivator to Zeke and to Alf and Smith.
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,925
And1: 1,639
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
Contact:
       

Re: Amazon Prime - All Or Nothing 

Post#38 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu May 10, 2018 6:30 pm

gravytrain24 wrote:My thoughts:
1. Sean Lee could possibly be the next defensive coordinator. The scene where he was explaining the correct stuff to the coach, I think vs the Eagles was great. He's smart and a leader. Just sucks that injuries keep getting him.


Read on Twitter


Just a dude.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
gravytrain24
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,342
And1: 312
Joined: Jan 27, 2016
         

Re: Amazon Prime - All Or Nothing 

Post#39 » by gravytrain24 » Thu May 10, 2018 7:29 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
gravytrain24 wrote:My thoughts:
1. Sean Lee could possibly be the next defensive coordinator. The scene where he was explaining the correct stuff to the coach, I think vs the Eagles was great. He's smart and a leader. Just sucks that injuries keep getting him.


Read on Twitter


Just a dude.

A really smart dude.
Mr B
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,676
And1: 1,249
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: Amazon Prime - All Or Nothing 

Post#40 » by Mr B » Fri May 11, 2018 4:54 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
gravytrain24 wrote:My thoughts:
1. Sean Lee could possibly be the next defensive coordinator. The scene where he was explaining the correct stuff to the coach, I think vs the Eagles was great. He's smart and a leader. Just sucks that injuries keep getting him.


Read on Twitter


Just a dude.


The second he retires he should be the LB’s coach. Then within 2 years the DC and 2 years after that HC. Hopefully all with the Cowboys.

Return to Dallas Cowboys