Cowboys Draft Leighton Vander Esch 

Post#1 » by gravytrain24 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:28 am

Pick 19, LB from Boise State
The Sparest
Bench Warmer
And1: 425

Re: Cowboys Draft Leighton Vander Esch 

Post#2 » by The Sparest » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:26 am

I'll give the kid the benefit of the doubt, but I was hoping for Ridley, Landry, or a trade down.

Speaking of Landry, I can't believe he wasn't taken tonight. I hope trader Jerry is on the phone with Cle about that first pick tomorrow. I don't care if it costs our first next year, I want Landry that bad.
AKA: Sparey Spareman
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,639

Post#3 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:33 am

I don’t have a problem going Defense and I don’t have a problem going ILB. I just thought this dude was a reach at 19.

Here’s hoping he’s not Bobby Carpenter.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
gravytrain24
Bench Warmer
And1: 312

Post#4 » by gravytrain24 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:54 pm

The Sparest wrote:I'll give the kid the benefit of the doubt, but I was hoping for Ridley, Landry, or a trade down.

Speaking of Landry, I can't believe he wasn't taken tonight. I hope trader Jerry is on the phone with Cle about that first pick tomorrow. I don't care if it costs our first next year, I want Landry that bad.

I agree with you about the benefit of the doubt but if Jerry won't trade 2/3 spots to get Edmunds or James, why would he trade 17 spots and especially move next years 1st to get to 33. I think they're still trying to package a deal of picks for Earl Thomas.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,639

Post#5 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:24 pm

gravytrain24 wrote:
The Sparest wrote:I'll give the kid the benefit of the doubt, but I was hoping for Ridley, Landry, or a trade down.

I agree with you about the benefit of the doubt but if Jerry won't trade 2/3 spots to get Edmunds or James, why would he trade 17 spots and especially move next years 1st to get to 33. I think they're still trying to package a deal of picks for Earl Thomas.

Well, if the price was along the lines of what the Saints gave the Packers, then I have no problem not trading. That one blew me away.

Supposed "medical issues" with Landry... any idea what those are?
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
Head Coach
And1: 1,048

Post#6 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:38 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:I don’t have a problem going Defense and I don’t have a problem going ILB. I just thought this dude was a reach at 19.

Here’s hoping he’s not Bobby Carpenter.

I don't know a damn thing about this kid to give a response one way or another. I am glad we went defense and LB. IMHO, we could use another LB down the line somewhere in this draft.
The Sparest
Bench Warmer
And1: 425

Post#7 » by The Sparest » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:08 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
gravytrain24 wrote:

Well, if the price was along the lines of what the Saints gave the Packers, then I have no problem not trading. That one blew me away.

Supposed "medical issues" with Landry... any idea what those are?

I haven't heard of any medical issues with Landry, but that would explain his slide. If he is healthy though, I would be willing to move next years first to get him, since we will most likely be looking for another pass rusher next year.
AKA: Sparey Spareman
Cactus Jack
RealGM
And1: 7,849

Post#8 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:48 pm

gravytrain24 wrote:I think they're still trying to package a deal of picks for Earl Thomas.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Waylanderz wrote:Seattle. That fan base deserves their team back.

Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
gravytrain24
Bench Warmer
And1: 312

Post#9 » by gravytrain24 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:51 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
gravytrain24 wrote:I think they're still trying to package a deal of picks for Earl Thomas.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Hmm, interesting Jerry
bluejerseyjinx
Head Coach
And1: 1,048

Post#10 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:40 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Sounds like Jerry was half pickled on scotch on the rocks, :lol:
Mr B
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,249

Post#11 » by Mr B » Wed May 9, 2018 3:27 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Sounds like Jerry was half pickled on scotch on the rocks, :lol:

Half?

Return to Dallas Cowboys