Cowboys hire Mike McCarthy

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,425

Re: Cowboys hire Mike McCarthy 

Post#21 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Jul 8, 2020 5:26 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Been hearing some rumors that Clowney is very interested in becoming a Cowboy at a reduced rate.

Clowney & "reduced rate" don't mix.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,000

Post#22 » by Mr B » Wed Jul 8, 2020 7:41 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Have you heard anything yet on Smith's meeting with Roger G. yet? Sometimes sources in my neck of the woods can lag behind.

I haven’t heard anything about that meeting. If it went bad I would expect we would have heard by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been hearing some rumors that Clowney is very interested in becoming a Cowboy at a reduced rate.

There was a report about a week ago that Clowney said he would prefer to sign a deal with the Cowboys or Saints and would consider a reduced rate on a 1 year deal. Since then though he has received several more offers. The Cowboys don’t have the cap space right now to pay him what he wants. They might if Dak signs an extension before the 15th though.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,242

Post#23 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:42 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:I haven’t heard anything about that meeting. If it went bad I would expect we would have heard by now.

Been hearing some rumors that Clowney is very interested in becoming a Cowboy at a reduced rate.

There was a report about a week ago that Clowney said he would prefer to sign a deal with the Cowboys or Saints and would consider a reduced rate on a 1 year deal. Since then though he has received several more offers. The Cowboys don’t have the cap space right now to pay him what he wants. They might if Dak signs an extension before the 15th though.

I think Jerry screwed up by not taking the 4 year offer earlier. Instead played games offering a 5 year deal. If Dak is still around, Jerry will have to pay more than the 4 deal would have been worth.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#24 » by Mr B » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:24 pm

Now that we know Dak will be playing under the franchise tag, I’m going to double down and say that Dak will NOT be the Cowboys QB in 2021.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#25 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:21 pm

Mr B wrote:Now that we know Dak will be playing under the franchise tag, I’m going to double down and say that Dak will NOT be the Cowboys QB in 2021.

I wonder if McCarthy regrets signing his 5 year deal now knowing this team with a lot of talent might be without a QB for most of them.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#26 » by Mr B » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:05 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Now that we know Dak will be playing under the franchise tag, I’m going to double down and say that Dak will NOT be the Cowboys QB in 2021.

I wonder if McCarthy regrets signing his 5 year deal now knowing this team with a lot of talent might be without a QB for most of them.

I doubt it. He will still have Dak for at least this season. Then they will either franchise Dak again (doubtful in my opinion) for 2021 or McCarthy will get to pick and groom his own guy. MM is actually in a great position.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#27 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:20 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

I doubt it. He will still have Dak for at least this season. Then they will either franchise Dak again (doubtful in my opinion) for 2021 or McCarthy will get to pick and groom his own guy. MM is actually in a great position.

I heard some buzz that the Jaguars are a team the Cowboys might dump Dak on. Jaguars should be a horrible team with a very high draft pick for next draft. You suppose Trevor Lawrence is the prize Jerry is looking at? :thinking:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#28 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:53 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I wonder if McCarthy regrets signing his 5 year deal now knowing this team with a lot of talent might be without a QB for most of them.

I heard some buzz that the Jaguars are a team the Cowboys might dump Dak on. Jaguars should be a horrible team with a very high draft pick for next draft. You suppose Trevor Lawrence is the prize Jerry is looking at? :thinking:

Trevor Lawrence is going to be the 1st overall pick.

No team is trading that pick. :lol:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#29 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:06 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:I doubt it. He will still have Dak for at least this season. Then they will either franchise Dak again (doubtful in my opinion) for 2021 or McCarthy will get to pick and groom his own guy. MM is actually in a great position.

Don't you have a soccer match to watch? :wink:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#30 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:07 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:I doubt it. He will still have Dak for at least this season. Then they will either franchise Dak again (doubtful in my opinion) for 2021 or McCarthy will get to pick and groom his own guy. MM is actually in a great position.

Make them an offer they can't refuse.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#31 » by Mr B » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:12 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I heard some buzz that the Jaguars are a team the Cowboys might dump Dak on. Jaguars should be a horrible team with a very high draft pick for next draft. You suppose Trevor Lawrence is the prize Jerry is looking at? :thinking:

I agree with Cactus Jack, they’re not getting Trevor Lawrence. I’d love to get him but it ain’t happening. I wouldn’t want to pay the cost. If they go the draft route to get a QB the more likely scenario is that they draft anywhere from 10 down. At this point I couldn’t tell you who that could be.

There is a scenario that could cause all the leverage to swing in Dak’s favor. That’s if College Football is cancelled this season. Drafting a QB would be an even bigger crap shoot. At that point you have to sign Dak.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#32 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:39 am

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Trevor Lawrence is going to be the 1st overall pick.

I agree with Cactus Jack, they’re not getting Trevor Lawrence. I’d love to get him but it ain’t happening. I wouldn’t want to pay the cost. If they go the draft route to get a QB the more likely scenario is that they draft anywhere from 10 down. At this point I couldn’t tell you who that could be.

There is a scenario that could cause all the leverage to swing in Dak’s favor. That’s if College Football is cancelled this season. Drafting a QB would be an even bigger crap shoot. At that point you have to sign Dak.
I hate being in this **** spot. This sucks. Just like Jerry to screw up something. It never fails. We get to a spot were we finally have a chance to jump over the last hurdle with a shot to go to a super bowl. That **** Jerry still has a cloud over this team since 2002. Wish the muther **** would croak.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#33 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:42 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Trevor Lawrence is going to be the 1st overall pick.

All I can say about this right now is I don't like the spot we are in at all. Maybe something changes soon, but possibly not having a QB next season closes the window of opportunity severely.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#34 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:01 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

:rofl: :rofl2: :falloff:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#35 » by Mr B » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:17 pm

The entire coaching staff has been horrific. The players have been horrific. According to Jerry and Stephen though they are fine with the coaches and the players effort. I don’t expect any changes coming anytime soon.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#36 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:01 pm

And I don't expect them to get any better soon.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#37 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:32 pm

:wink: :ouch: :talkhand:
Mr B
RealGM

Cowboys hire Mike McCarthy 

Post#38 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:55 am

And if you don’t think Jerry would move on from McCarthy after another 1st round exit, remember Jerry is the same guy that fired a legend that’s bigger than Roger Staubach in Dallas, and then fired a HC that had just won him back to back Super Bowls. He’d have no qualms about firing a guy that has produced like MM has in his 2 seasons in Dallas.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#39 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:04 am

Read on Twitter
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,146

Post#40 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:31 am

It's a hard decision to be honest. I can see a case for firing and a case keeping.

It's the 12-5 record and highest scoring offense in the NFL that makes it difficult. Usually you would not fire someone who did that well in the regular season.

Return to Dallas Cowboys