Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,015

Re: Dak: 4 years, $160m 

Post#81 » by Mr B » Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:30 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:Adios, La’el Collins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

What are they going to do with $35M in cap space? I think if they were going to pay Bobby Wagner they would have done so already. And luckily they’re not the ones that didn’t give Von Miller that contract. Who else is out there?

Cowboys should be in a great spot to draft another stud LB in the draft. I hear they have their eyes on a couple.

The Cowboys are going to be in an interesting position when their pick comes up. There’s a very good chance at pick 24 the best Center in the draft could still be on the board. If not center two elite level Guards (one of whom can play Tackle) could still be on the board. One of the Georgia LB’s could still be on the board. Also an elite CB could still be on the board at 24. Those are all needs. The one real wild card for the Cowboys though is WR Treylon Burks could also still be on the board.

WR is also a need although not as big a need as OL, Edge, LB, or CB. Treylon Burks is a beast though and could easily end up being the best WR in this draft. Adding Burks to this team would be like adding DK Metcalf. By the end of the season Burks could end up being the best WR on this team (yes better than CeeDee). Also keep in mind that Gallup could very well be out until week 6.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,437

Post#82 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:38 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:What are they going to do with $35M in cap space? I think if they were going to pay Bobby Wagner they would have done so already. And luckily they’re not the ones that didn’t give Von Miller that contract. Who else is out there?

Cowboys should be in a great spot to draft another stud LB in the draft. I hear they have their eyes on a couple.

The Cowboys are going to be in an interesting position when their pick comes up. There’s a very good chance at pick 24 the best Center in the draft could still be on the board. If not center two elite level Guards (one of whom can play Tackle) could still be on the board. One of the Georgia LB’s could still be on the board. Also an elite CB could still be on the board at 24. Those are all needs. The one real wild card for the Cowboys though is WR Treylon Burks could also still be on the board.

WR is also a need although not as big a need as OL, Edge, LB, or CB. Treylon Burks is a beast though and could easily end up being the best WR in this draft. Adding Burks to this team would be like adding DK Metcalf. By the end of the season Burks could end up being the best WR on this team (yes better than CeeDee). Also keep in mind that Gallup could very well be out until week 6.

Or you could just trade for Metcalf himself. :wink:

Btw Metcalf is a 4.3 guy. Burks runs a 4.5 (official). DK is just a different tier athlete.

If Jameson Williams is still on the board. Then that's the guy you take if you're targeting a WR. He was a top 10 talent before the injury.

Lots of Buzz that Linderbaum could fall because he's a zone scheme specific guy. I'm not entirely sure what Dallas primarily runs. But if they're more of heavy power gap principle team. Then Linderbaum might not be a great fit for them. He's great in space. But undersized. Which is a fit for certain teams (Rams, Niners, Hawks).

CB? Stingley & Sauce Gardner will both likely be off the board within the first 15 picks. Trent McDuffie (UW) has short arms & doesn't have the length that is typically associated with a Dan Quinn CB. So I don't think he would be in play for them. Guys like Booth & Elam did not grade out the best (PFF) & could be day two guys. Elam is a long, physical corner. So he could be in play.

A lot of good edge guys in this class. I've seen Boye Mafe mocked to them. He's typically going in late 1st-early 2nd mocks.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,276

Post#83 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:54 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:What are they going to do with $35M in cap space? I think if they were going to pay Bobby Wagner they would have done so already. And luckily they’re not the ones that didn’t give Von Miller that contract. Who else is out there?

Not with Prescott at QB and McCarthy calling the plays. There is no hope for this offense going forward next season.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#84 » by Mr B » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:10 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Cowboys should be in a great spot to draft another stud LB in the draft. I hear they have their eyes on a couple.

Btw Metcalf is a 4.3 guy. Burks runs a 4.5 (official). DK is just a different tier athlete.

If Jameson Williams is still on the board. Then that's the guy you take if you're targeting a WR. He was a top 10 talent before the injury.

Lots of Buzz that Linderbaum could fall because he's a zone scheme specific guy. I'm not entirely sure what Dallas primarily runs. But if they're more of heavy power gap principle team. Then Linderbaum might not be a great fit for them. He's great in space. But undersized. Which is a fit for certain teams (Rams, Niners, Hawks).

CB? Stingley & Sauce Gardner will both likely be off the board within the first 15 picks. Trent McDuffie (UW) has short arms & doesn't have the length that is typically associated with a Dan Quinn CB. So I don't think he would be in play for them. Guys like Booth & Elam did not grade out the best (PFF) & could be day two guys. Elam is a long, physical corner. So he could be in play.

A lot of good edge guys in this class. I've seen Boye Mafe mocked to them. He's typically going in late 1st-early 2nd mocks.

The problem with trading for Metcalf is you almost immediately have to pay Metcalf. And true, Burks is not DK but if you’ve see Burks play he’s a big scary dude at WR.

I like Jameson Williams but he scares me. He’s coming off a major knee injury that he suffered in the National Championship Game. So will he even be ready by the start of the season? As I said before we will already be without Gallup for possibly up to 6 games. Jameson is also very skinny. He MAYBE weighs 180 lbs soaking wet. How will he handle press coverage in the NFL? Will he be able to stay healthy being so thin?

Last I read Dallas does run a zone blocking scheme so Linderbaum would fit. I think the reason they won’t draft Linderbaum though is because he only plays center. He’s too small to play Guard or Tackle. I think if Kenyon Green is still on the board he will be their pick (over Linderbaum). Green can play every position on the OL and would likely be the future replacement for Tyron. If they need a center there are some good IOL prospects being projected between rounds 4-6. Remember they have four 5th round picks.

The CB’s in this draft don’t really excite me. There’s no Jalen Ramsey in this draft at CB. I would prefer to find a CB in the 2nd or 3rd round personally.

As for EDGE I’ve also seen Boye Mafe mocked to the Cowboys. I’ve also seen George Kalaftis mocked to the Cowboys. Either would be fine with me honestly.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#85 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:28 am

Mr B wrote:The problem with trading for Metcalf is you almost immediately have to pay Metcalf. And true, Burks is not DK but if you’ve see Burks play he’s a big scary dude at WR.

I like Jameson Williams but he scares me. He’s coming off a major knee injury that he suffered in the National Championship Game. So will he even be ready by the start of the season? As I said before we will already be without Gallup for possibly up to 6 games. Jameson is also very skinny. He MAYBE weighs 180 lbs soaking wet. How will he handle press coverage in the NFL? Will he be able to stay healthy being so thin?

Last I read Dallas does run a zone blocking scheme so Linderbaum would fit. I think the reason they won’t draft Linderbaum though is because he only plays center. He’s too small to play Guard or Tackle. I think if Kenyon Green is still on the board he will be their pick (over Linderbaum). Green can play every position on the OL and would likely be the future replacement for Tyron. If they need a center there are some good IOL prospects being projected between rounds 4-6. Remember they have four 5th round picks.

The CB’s in this draft don’t really excite me. There’s no Jalen Ramsey in this draft at CB. I would prefer to find a CB in the 2nd or 3rd round personally.

As for EDGE I’ve also seen Boye Mafe mocked to the Cowboys. I’ve also seen George Kalaftis mocked to the Cowboys. Either would be fine with me honestly.

I'm not worried if he misses some time. You take the best guy. His upside is off the charts. Long-term he's the guy.

Sauce Gardner is the one true difference maker at CB in this class. But I would agree that the meat of the draft is OL/DL.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#86 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:45 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:The Cowboys are going to be in an interesting position when their pick comes up. There’s a very good chance at pick 24 the best Center in the draft could still be on the board. If not center two elite level Guards (one of whom can play Tackle) could still be on the board. One of the Georgia LB’s could still be on the board. Also an elite CB could still be on the board at 24. Those are all needs. The one real wild card for the Cowboys though is WR Treylon Burks could also still be on the board.

The problem with trading for Metcalf is you almost immediately have to pay Metcalf. And true, Burks is not DK but if you’ve see Burks play he’s a big scary dude at WR.

I say use some of that draft capital and use it to move up.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#87 » by Mr B » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:41 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Or you could just trade for Metcalf himself. :wink:

I say use some of that draft capital and use it to move up.

In my opinion the Cowboys have too many holes to fill to spend their draft picks in a trade to move up. At least to move up into the top 5. Between their 3rd, 4th, and 5th round picks they should have enough capital to move into the bottom of the 1st.

I would not be upset at all if they drafted Linderbaum at 24 and then traded back into the bottom of the 1st and drafted Zion Johnson. That would give the Cowboys a hell of an improvement on the OL.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#88 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 4, 2022 10:29 pm

Seems we always have a lot of holes to fill, even after 8 years. We say this every year.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#89 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue May 9, 2023 5:36 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Mr B wrote:I would love to keep Dak as the QB just not at $41M per season.

Read on Twitter

Congrats!

:noway: :ouch: :no: So how many years will this horrible contract come back to bite us in the ass moving forward?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#90 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:52 pm

By the way, have you guys heard of the new line of Dak Prescott cologne? You wear it if you don't want to score.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,149

Post#91 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:39 pm

We have $24m in cap space which is top-5 in the NFL.

So how is Dak's contract an issue?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#92 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:11 pm

Dak is over paid and not worth his contract. Been telling you for 3 years. Plus his current contract has back loaded guaranteed money going into next year making his cap hit outrageous. His current contract is going to be a huge issue after this season.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#93 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:17 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:We have $24m in cap space which is top-5 in the NFL.

So how is Dak's contract an issue?

They better have some cap space. They need it. Zack Martin is ready to not report to training camp. Lets see how Dak and the running game does without him. We also could use another Lb like Mr. B. has pointed out. I would like to have another RB on a one year contract till we can draft another one next year. We have better players and talent than Dak that need to be signed in the very near future. C.D. Lamb, Micah Parsons and Mazi Smith comes to mind for sure. These guys are going to be way more important moving forward than your boy.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#94 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:01 pm

This isn't going to be an issue. Zack will get paid and extended and actually provide additional cap relief in doing so.

Not a big deal.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#95 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:39 pm

Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#96 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:19 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

Great video.

BJJ needs to watch this. Not that it will change his mind, but he still needs to watch it.

They really need to limit CeeDee up the middle I think. Or work really hard on fixing that communication glitch they have.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#97 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:24 pm

Sorry Micah. Staying out of all talk that refers to Dak, McCarthy or Jerry. You all Know how I feel about them so there is no reason to keep going and sounding like a broken record. Season is about to start in a few weeks, we have some new Cowboy posters, the Cowboy posters that take the summer off should be back real soon as well. Hopefully the Cowboy forum will become even more active than it has been the past 3 years. I'm going to be very busy with fantasy baseball and football the next 7 weeks so I won't be around much till the fantasy baseball playoffs are done. You and the rest of the gang will have to pick up the slack in the meantime. Still looking forward to our defense and good news about Zack Martin today. The news today about Zack makes me feel a hell of a lot better than I have been the past 2 weeks.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#98 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:41 am

Okay fair enough
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#99 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:48 pm

Anyone have any thoughts on Overshown's work last Saturday? Looked like a new toy in Quinn's arsenal from what I watched.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#100 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:42 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:He can do all he wants to repair the damage he's done. Doesn't change my mind one bit. Bad contract on Jerry's part once again. Dak is not the guy. He doesn't make people and the stars around him any better. There is no way in hell he can put the team on his shoulders and carry an offense. We've seen it now for 5 years. He ain't got it. He will never have it. Cowboys are screwed.[b] Plus he is dumb as a door nail. He couldn't read a defense even if they held up a sign telling what they were going to do. [/b]You guys can have your unhealthy man crash with Dak for the next 4 years, but I'm over it. He may not be a physical whimp, but he sure is a mental whimp.

Just a friendly reminder of a thought and prediction I made almost 2 years ago.

Return to Dallas Cowboys