ImageImageImageImage

Dak thread

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Re: Dak: 4 years, $160m 

Post#41 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:44 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Mahomes has already done more in his first 4 years than Rodgers, Favre and Brees did in their whole careers.

Wow… this is an absurdly terrible take.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,276

Post#42 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:36 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:I really want to see the Bengals win that game. I like the Chiefs but I’d really like to see Burrow and Chase have a good game. I’d like to see them win. Can their defense hold up, that’s the question.

Bengals have no chance. I just can't believe with all the football knowledge in this room and in the general forum the posters can't can't get beyond their homerism , etc., and appreciate the greatness we are currently seeing in Patrick Mahomes, the Cheetah and Kelce. The fact that many, if not most posters in here and in the general forum can't appreciate and fathom the greatness of these all time greats is their loss, not mine. If these players had a star, lightning bolt or ugly seahawk bird on their helmet, I'm sure they would be saying much better things and giving them a better review regarding their greatness.

Who’s not appreciating Mahomes? I’m just saying a little appreciation of what the Bengals have become is in order as well. And dismissing them with “they have no chance” is utter garbage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

What is utter garbage is just about any other decent QB in the NFL would have won that game vs. the Bengals. 9 sacks by the defense, 142 yards and a T.D. by A. J. Brown and over 120 yards rushing by the RB's. This game was almost a perfect example of how a QB can blow and lose a game all by himself. Just like Craig Moron did to the Cowboys in Super Bowl 5. Ryan Tannehill is the only reason why the Titans are sitting home this weekend.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#43 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:42 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Mahomes has already done more in his first 4 years than Rodgers, Favre and Brees did in their whole careers.

Its not my fault you can't see what is right in front of your eyes. I can't figure out if it is just hatred towards the Chiefs and Mahomes or you don't watch all their games and do an eye test all on your own. I'm so confident about this kid that I am willing to put any amount money on the line that he will by-pass all of the players mentioned above when it is all said and done. And since when have you become so vicious towards those that disagree with you or have a different opinion? If you don't like my opinions or can't accept my feelings on football, why bother bantering with me. Mr. B and I don't agree on everything, but we don't attack each other so hatefully when we do. So whats up?
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,015

Post#44 » by Mr B » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:34 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

Its not my fault you can't see what is right in front of your eyes. I can't figure out if it is just hatred towards the Chiefs and Mahomes or you don't watch all their games and do an eye test all on your own. I'm so confident about this kid that I am willing to put any amount money on the line that he will by-pass all of the players mentioned above when it is all said and done. And since when have you become so vicious towards those that disagree with you or have a different opinion? If you don't like my opinions or can't accept my feelings on football, why bother bantering with me. Mr. B and I don't agree on everything, but we don't attack each other so hatefully when we do. So whats up?

The Chiefs are actually my second favorite team and I watch quite a bit of them. I just refuse to say Mahomes is better than guys like Favre or Rodgers until he’s earned it. I don’t believe he has yet. I believe he will but he has to prove it first.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#45 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:04 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

Maybe wait until he passes freaking Kerry Collins for #20 in all time yards and Joe Flacco at #19 before jumping him into the top 5 all time. Maybe let him win more than one MVP. Maybe let him have a 15-20 year career that places him with the all time greats before anointing him.

Beyond that - your take is terrible. Nothing's up. That wasn't an attack. That was a statement of fact.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#46 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:47 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

Maybe wait until he passes freaking Kerry Collins for #20 in all time yards and Joe Flacco at #19 before jumping him into the top 5 all time. Maybe let him win more than one MVP. Maybe let him have a 15-20 year career that places him with the all time greats before anointing him.

Beyond that - your take is terrible. Nothing's up. That wasn't an attack. That was a statement of fact.

Its also a fact that Mahomes already has won as many super bowls as Brees, Rodgers and Favre in his first 4 years. That also includes and MVP and a super bowl MVP. Mentioning Collins and Flacco in the same breath as Mahomes is what's insulting.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#47 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:56 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Its also a fact that Mahomes already has won as many super bowls as Brees, Rodgers and Favre in his first 4 years. That also includes and MVP and a super bowl MVP. Mentioning Collins and Flacco in the same breath as Mahomes is what's insulting.

Super Bowl XLVII MVP Joe Flacco…

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#48 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:24 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

Super Bowl XLVII MVP Joe Flacco…

But Joe Flacco was never and NFL MVP nor did he play in back to back Super Bowls. He never even went to 2 Super Bowls. Favre went to back to back Super Bowls however, Brees and Rodgers never did. Rodgers and Brees never even played in 2 Super Bowls. Mahomes already has in his first 3 years. And none of the above mentioned players accomplished any of those feats in their very first 4 years in the league. The only player that may have played in 4 consecutive championship games without looking it up might be Otto Graham. but I have never heard anyone bring his name up in here for 8 years.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#49 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:06 pm

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#50 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:02 pm

I'm convinced Dak is not the guy for the Cowboys and he is not worth the money we are paying him.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#51 » by Mr B » Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:09 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm convinced Dak is not the guy for the Cowboys and he is not worth the money we are paying him.

He has about 2 years left to prove he can be the guy. If not they will start looking for his replacement.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#52 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:09 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm convinced Dak is not the guy for the Cowboys and he is not worth the money we are paying him.

He has about 2 years left to prove he can be the guy. If not they will start looking for his replacement.

What more proof do we need? He already has had time to develop and I am tired of the excuses. Cowboy fans need to stop with this ****. Enough with the excuses. Been going on for 5 years.
Romo gets hurt and Dak takes over. He had one of the top O-lines in football his first two years to learn, get experience and develop a bit. But that wasn't good enough. We then drafted and gave DAk Elliott to go along with the O-line and give him a decent running game. But that turned out to not be good enough because he didn't have enough weapons in the passing game so we went out and got Cooper the next year. But that wasn't good enough because Jason Garrett was such a **** up that it couldn't possibly be Dak's fault. So we then replaced Garrett and drafted Prescott another WR in C.D. Lamb. What will be the excuse this upcoming season when Dak doesn't get it done again? Hey I got an idea. Lets blame Jerry again. :sleep3:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#53 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:14 pm

If I was Jerry I would be dialing up Houston everyday and making trade offers for Watson before someone else gets their hands on him. Send Prescott to the AFC in Houston so nobody has to hear from him again. He will be irrelevant in the AFC.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#54 » by Mr B » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:54 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:If I was Jerry I would be dialing up Houston everyday and making trade offers for Watson before someone else gets their hands on him. Send Prescott to the AFC in Houston so nobody has to hear from him again. He will be irrelevant in the AFC.

Last I read the Texans want 5 premium assets for Watson. They are looking for three 1st round picks and two young elite players for Watson. Atlanta is looking at paying 3 #1’s/Kyle Pitts/ and another player. So if the Cowboys wanted Watson it would likely cost them 3 #1’s plus Micah Parsons and CeeDee Lamb. Screw that, I’ll take my chances with Dak.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#55 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:30 am

Mr B wrote:Last I read the Texans want 5 premium assets for Watson. They are looking for three 1st round picks and two young elite players for Watson. Atlanta is looking at paying 3 #1’s/Kyle Pitts/ and another player. So if the Cowboys wanted Watson it would likely cost them 3 #1’s plus Micah Parsons and CeeDee Lamb. Screw that, I’ll take my chances with Dak.

Yep. We’re in a 2 year window with Dak. That’s not a bad thing either. There are holes that need filled and taking QB out of the equation helps fill those holes… like fixing this offensive line. Dak is already playing for his next contract. Next 2 seasons matter. If he doesn’t make progress and lead this team where Jerry expects them to go, then they are QB shopping in 2 years.

Mr B
RealGM

Post#56 » by Mr B » Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:42 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:Last I read the Texans want 5 premium assets for Watson. They are looking for three 1st round picks and two young elite players for Watson. Atlanta is looking at paying 3 #1’s/Kyle Pitts/ and another player. So if the Cowboys wanted Watson it would likely cost them 3 #1’s plus Micah Parsons and CeeDee Lamb. Screw that, I’ll take my chances with Dak.

Yep. We’re in a 2 year window with Dak. That’s not a bad thing either. There are holes that need filled and taking QB out of the equation helps fill those holes… like fixing this offensive line. Dak is already playing for his next contract. Next 2 seasons matter. If he doesn’t make progress and lead this team where Jerry expects them to go, then they are QB shopping in 2 years.

I think this team has potential to be an overwhelmingly dominant defensive team. Quinn should be here for at least 2 more seasons. They have already laid a great foundation. I would love to see them add Bobby Wagner. I expect they will add to the defense in the draft too. If their defense is dominant Dak won’t have to be perfect.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#57 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:45 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:If I was Jerry I would be dialing up Houston everyday and making trade offers for Watson before someone else gets their hands on him. Send Prescott to the AFC in Houston so nobody has to hear from him again. He will be irrelevant in the AFC.

Last I read the Texans want 5 premium assets for Watson. They are looking for three 1st round picks and two young elite players for Watson. Atlanta is looking at paying 3 #1’s/Kyle Pitts/ and another player. So if the Cowboys wanted Watson it would likely cost them 3 #1’s plus Micah Parsons and CeeDee Lamb. Screw that, I’ll take my chances with Dak.

No offense, but even if we fill all the holes we have, we still have Elliott, Prescott and McCarthy coming back. Best outcome I see is another first round loss when the playoffs start. No way we get to the promised land with Dak. I've seen enough. Dak is not even a top 8 QB despite being paid top 3 or 4 in the money dept. No faith in him at all.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,437

Post#58 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:18 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:No offense, but even if we fill all the holes we have, we still have Elliott, Prescott and McCarthy coming back. Best outcome I see is another first round loss when the playoffs start. No way we get to the promised land with Dak. I've seen enough. Dak is not even a top 8 QB despite being paid top 3 or 4 in the money dept. No faith in him at all.

They're kind of stuck with Dak now. Looks like they have an out in 2025. But they should have dealt him last year before signing him to that extension. They could have gotten a haul of picks back. Drafted a QB & gone that route. It's nearly impossible to win now with a QB taking up such a large percentage of the cap. How it goes.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#59 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:00 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:No offense, but even if we fill all the holes we have, we still have Elliott, Prescott and McCarthy coming back. Best outcome I see is another first round loss when the playoffs start. No way we get to the promised land with Dak. I've seen enough. Dak is not even a top 8 QB despite being paid top 3 or 4 in the money dept. No faith in him at all.

They're kind of stuck with Dak now. Looks like they have an out in 2025. But they should have dealt him last year before signing him to that extension. They could have gotten a haul of picks back. Drafted a QB & gone that route. It's nearly impossible to win now with a QB taking up such a large percentage of the cap. How it goes.

Same with Zeke. Stuck with that loser to for another year. I wanted to get rid of that bum 2 years ago. As a matter of fact, if you go back to past draft threads you will see I didn't even want to draft him that night. I remember me and Mr. b wanting totally someone else.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#60 » by Mr B » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:01 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

No offense, but even if we fill all the holes we have, we still have Elliott, Prescott and McCarthy coming back. Best outcome I see is another first round loss when the playoffs start. No way we get to the promised land with Dak. I've seen enough. Dak is not even a top 8 QB despite being paid top 3 or 4 in the money dept. No faith in him at all.

Honestly you’re probably right. Until they show us something different they are what they are. I enjoy watching football though and they’re my team (good or bad).

Return to Dallas Cowboys