ImageImageImageImage

Weekly Game Threads !

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Re: Weekly Game Threads ! 

Post#61 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:16 pm

What's really amazing is that Dak threw for 445 yards which has never happened to a Bill Belichick Pat's team and he has been coaching there 22 years.

I think we have the best offense in the NFL right now.

We average 460 YPG (#1 in the NFL)
We average 34.2 PPG (#1 in the NFL)

Our defense is more just "average" but the one bright spot for this defense is turnovers. Hopefully they can keep the turnovers going.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,006

Post#62 » by Fierce1 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:07 am

Micah Prescott wrote:What's really amazing is that Dak threw for 445 yards which has never happened to a Bill Belichick Pat's team and he has been coaching there 22 years.

Our defense is more just "average" but the one bright spot for this defense is turnovers. Hopefully they can keep the turnovers going.

What killed the Cowboys last season was they gave up a lot of rushing yards.

After 6 games this season, the Pats' Harris is the only RB that got a 100 yards against the Cowboys.

If the Cowboys continue to limit the rushing yards of their opponent, reaching the Super Bowl is really a possibility.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,325

Post#63 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:09 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:What's really amazing is that Dak threw for 445 yards which has never happened to a Bill Belichick Pat's team and he has been coaching there 22 years.

What killed the Cowboys last season was they gave up a lot of rushing yards.

After 6 games this season, the Pats' Harris is the only RB that got a 100 yards against the Cowboys.

If the Cowboys continue to limit the rushing yards of their opponent, reaching the Super Bowl is really a possibility.

The pass rush and run defense should get even better when D. Lawrence gets back into the line up in a week or two. :nod:
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#64 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:35 pm

Read on Twitter

Just vicious :lol:
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#65 » by Fierce1 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:50 pm

I wonder if it's worth it for Jerry Jones to trade for a player like Michael Brockers.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#66 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:19 pm

There are only 3 teams in the NFC who I think are as good or possibly better than Dallas.

-Tampa Bay
-LA Rams
-Arizona Cardinals

the Packers are borderline but I would give Dallas the edge against them. Playing in cold Lambeau could change everything though.

Injuries will be huge in the remainder of the season. Dallas is pretty much a lock to win the NFCE so I hope McCarthy understands that benching key players is important. He probably doesn't though.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#67 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:23 pm

I think the Cowboys are the best offense in the league without question. What is currently killing me is being so severely damaged by the Jerry Jones era that I can't help but wonder when the other shoe is going to drop. Is it this week with Dak possibly not going to be able to play that things start to turn around and bad things and injuries begin a down slide? We've seen it before, many times as a matter of fact since Jerry made himself GM in 2002 over the years. Personally, I want Dak to play this week if at all possible he can go. I know the down side of things and fully understand it, but while we have things rolling and playing well, I want to rack up as many wins as we can, put the division away as fast as we can and then start resting players when we have to if not being able to get the top seed and bye fades away.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#68 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:32 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I think the Cowboys are the best offense in the league without question. What is currently killing me is being so severely damaged by the Jerry Jones era that I can't help but wonder when the other shoe is going to drop. Is it this week with Dak possibly not going to be able to play that things start to turn around and bad things and injuries begin a down slide? We've seen it before, many times as a matter of fact since Jerry made himself GM in 2002 over the years. Personally, I want Dak to play this week if at all possible he can go. I know the down side of things and fully understand it, but while we have things rolling and playing well, I want to rack up as many wins as we can, put the division away as fast as we can and then start resting players when we have to if not being able to get the top seed and bye fades away.

Dak's health is more important than this one game. We can afford to lose this game because if you look at the rest of the NFCE it is abysmal. Dallas will represent the NFCE in the post season no matter what UNLESS Dak Prescott gets injured.

We need him for the post season, we do NOT need him for this one game. Minnesota can have it.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#69 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:26 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I think the Cowboys are the best offense in the league without question. What is currently killing me is being so severely damaged by the Jerry Jones era that I can't help but wonder when the other shoe is going to drop. Is it this week with Dak possibly not going to be able to play that things start to turn around and bad things and injuries begin a down slide? We've seen it before, many times as a matter of fact since Jerry made himself GM in 2002 over the years. Personally, I want Dak to play this week if at all possible he can go. I know the down side of things and fully understand it, but while we have things rolling and playing well, I want to rack up as many wins as we can, put the division away as fast as we can and then start resting players when we have to if not being able to get the top seed and bye fades away.

Dak's health is more important than this one game. We can afford to lose this game because if you look at the rest of the NFCE it is abysmal. Dallas will represent the NFCE in the post season no matter what UNLESS Dak Prescott gets injured.

We need him for the post season, we do NOT need him for this one game. Minnesota can have it.

I'm greedy. I want the first round bye, :wink:
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#70 » by Fierce1 » Mon Nov 1, 2021 3:52 am

This Dallas Cowboys team is legit.

They just beat a very good Vikings team, on the road, without Dak Prescott.

Tampa Bay and Green Bay will not beat a team like the Vikings if those two teams didn't have their star QBs.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#71 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Nov 1, 2021 2:16 pm

This team is absolutely legit, only thing in their way is:

1. Health - must stay healthy, Dak in paticular
2. McCarthy - He must stop making bad decisions

Last night was a rare game where I thought McCarthy actually coached very well. So that's a good sign.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#72 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Nov 1, 2021 2:18 pm

Here is something else that I think we are starting to realize.

RANDY GREGORY IS AN ABSOLUTE BEAST!

He has 5 sacks in his last 4 games and is putting tons of pressure on QBs. DeMarcus Lawrence is not this team's best pass rusher.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#73 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Nov 1, 2021 3:12 pm

Super huge win for the Cowboys last night. Finally won a game with a back up QB.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#74 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Nov 1, 2021 7:34 pm

For the first time this year I can't say one thing bad about McCarthy this week. I thought he managed everything perfectly. My only gripes this week is a missed 44 yard filed goal by Zuerlein again this week, a missed block by Pollard that caused a blind sided wallop on Rush, causing a fumble that should not of happened,and two bad throws by Rush. Penalty wise, we did o.k. I thought the officials were way over picky on three of them.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#75 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Nov 1, 2021 8:09 pm

What's crazy is looking at the rest of the schedule I almost feel like we could win all but 1 (vs Arizona)

Can't believe I'm typing this but Dallas should handle up on KC pretty easily lol

It's reasonable to think we could finish the year 15-2 with a BYE.

I'm really happy that we play Arizona week 16 because that will let us know exactly where we stand among the best teams. We already know we can go toe-to-toe with Tampa Bay, that loss was a moral victory.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#76 » by Fierce1 » Tue Nov 2, 2021 6:01 am

Micah Prescott wrote:This team is absolutely legit, only thing in their way is:

1. Health - must stay healthy, Dak in paticular
2. McCarthy - He must stop making bad decisions

Last night was a rare game where I thought McCarthy actually coached very well. So that's a good sign.

I agree.

McCarthy believed in Cooper Rush and it paid off.

I thought they would be conservative in their play calling, but McCarthy treated Rush like he was a regular starting QB.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#77 » by Fierce1 » Tue Nov 2, 2021 6:02 am

Micah Prescott wrote:What's crazy is looking at the rest of the schedule I almost feel like we could win all but 1 (vs Arizona)

Can't believe I'm typing this but Dallas should handle up on KC pretty easily lol

I'm really happy that we play Arizona week 16 because that will let us know exactly where we stand among the best teams. We already know we can go toe-to-toe with Tampa Bay, that loss was a moral victory.

Yeah, 15-2 sounds good and it's realistic!
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#78 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Nov 2, 2021 3:19 pm

^^^ that is a great back and forth between Michael Irvin and Stephen A Smith that will bring a smile to your face. Looks like it won't display in here but you can click the link to YT.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#79 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Nov 2, 2021 3:26 pm

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-power-rankings-week-9-2021-nfl-season

Dallas Cowboys power ranked #2 overall by NFL.

The only AFC team in the top 6 is the Bills. NFC is the powerhouse this season which is a shame for Dallas because the playoffs will be one brutal game after another, there will be no easy games. A BYE really would help tremendously we need to go for that.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#80 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Nov 2, 2021 5:17 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:What's crazy is looking at the rest of the schedule I almost feel like we could win all but 1 (vs Arizona)

Shut up, :wink: Don't look ahead. Our only focus should only be on Denver. Lets not create any trap games.

Return to Dallas Cowboys