ImageImageImageImage

2022. Getting ready for Training camp and Preseason!!

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Re: 2022. Getting ready for Training camp and Preseason!! 

Post#61 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:46 pm

https://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cowboys/post/_/id/4775367/why-dallas-cowboys-rb-tony-pollards-role-could-expand-without-getting-more-carries

It looks like Pollard will be getting snaps at slot WR. Pollard and Zeke on the field at the same time.

I like this idea actually given our situation.

Formations with Pollard in the slot could also be useful for lots of creative trickery. Reverses and miss directions and such.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Post#62 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:48 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Some are suggesting that Tyron's injury may be career ending.

They need to put him on season ending IR list so that his salary is wiped from the cap and sign Eric Fisher to a 2-3 year contract.

Andrew Whitworth is 40 years old.

Whitworth is 40. But the dude was still playing at a very high level last season. If they could somehow convince him to come out of retirement then you have to do it. Because he's your best option at this point & it's not close.

Fisher has been an above average Tackle coming off an Achilles injury.

I'll take either but I'd still prefer Fisher of the two. Bringing a 40 year old out of retirement is not ideal.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,976

Post#63 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:38 am

Micah Prescott wrote:Some are suggesting that Tyron's injury may be career ending.

They need to put him on season ending IR list so that his salary is wiped from the cap and sign Eric Fisher to a 2-3 year contract.

At least he has no bonus due after this season. They can cut ties and be clean.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."

Return to Dallas Cowboys