ImageImageImageImage

2022 Cowboy news and notes.

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,040

Re: 2022 Cowboy news and notes. 

Post#141 » by Mr B » Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:48 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Starting to appear to me the Cowboys new they would be having future issues vs. the run game. And this was their answer or temporary band aid.

Fixing this run defense should be their main priority in the off season.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,304

Post#142 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:58 pm

Well this caught me off guard. It never crossed my mind we needed a DT and had a hard time stopping the run game over the years. Damn I'm stupid.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,155

Post#143 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:43 pm

We need Vita Vea

That would make our defense complete.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#144 » by Mr B » Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:19 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:We need Vita Vea

Or someone of that ilk. Not just a big fat guy but a big fat guy with a mean streak.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#145 » by DrWood » Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:30 am

During the draft, I was screaming for my team (the packers) to move up to take Jalen Tolbert. I see he's done approximately nothing this year. Has he been injured, or is he just an athlete who doesn't know how to play football?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#146 » by Mr B » Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:57 am

DrWood wrote:During the draft, I was screaming for my team (the packers) to move up to take Jalen Tolbert. I see he's done approximately nothing this year. Has he been injured, or is he just an athlete who doesn't know how to play football?

He he’s not NFL ready. He’s a guy that might take time to develop. The skill is there just not the know how.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#147 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:30 pm

Did you guys know that Dallas has the #1 offense in the NFL since Dak's return? It doesn't seem right to me but it is.

Dallas has a +92 point differential which is behind only Buffalo.

Man, I hate to say "this is our year" because Dallas is notorious for saying that and then being let down, but I do not recall having a combination of elite defense and offense at the same time like this in maybe 2 decades. If we are ever going to do damage in the post season this is the year for it.

The thing is, I legit do not think we can beat Philly. I also think SF would give us fits because the Packers exposed our weakness of run defense. So I can still see us going out game 1 to one of those teams.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#148 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:32 pm

The next game with Philly is really going to let us know where we stand. That game will either have us thinking this is finally the year, or it is going to crush any hopes we had going into it.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#149 » by Mr B » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:45 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Did you guys know that Dallas has the #1 offense in the NFL since Dak's return? It doesn't seem right to me but it is.

Man, I hate to say "this is our year" because Dallas is notorious for saying that and then being let down, but I do not recall having a combination of elite defense and offense at the same time like this in maybe 2 decades. If we are ever going to do damage in the post season this is the year for it.

The thing is, I legit do not think we can beat Philly. I also think SF would give us fits because the Packers exposed our weakness of run defense. So I can still see us going out game 1 to one of those teams.

Yea I saw that today. That’s great and all but they really need to prove they can do that in the post season. We’ve seen great regular seasons before (like last year) but it doesn’t mean much if they shitthebed in the playoffs. I will hope and pray that this year is different but honestly I’m expecting them to fail again. I’m not drinking the cool aid this time. They HAVE to prove it in the post season.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#150 » by Mr B » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:47 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:The next game with Philly is really going to let us know where we stand. That game will either have us thinking this is finally the year, or it is going to crush any hopes we had going into it.

Honestly even if they beat Philly in December I still need to see them do it in the playoffs. They have let me down so much that, that is what I need to see from them.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#151 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:02 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:The next game with Philly is really going to let us know where we stand. That game will either have us thinking this is finally the year, or it is going to crush any hopes we had going into it.

Honestly even if they beat Philly in December I still need to see them do it in the playoffs. They have let me down so much that, that is what I need to see from them.

If they beat Philly handily, like they way they beat the Vikings, I will probably start drinking the Koolaid :lol:

We did not have this defense last season.

I'll say this, if we go into the post season with the #1 scoring offense and an elite defense and still lose first round? I'm just going to declare this franchise to be cursed. Because I don't know wtf else we can do at that point.

I do think we are weak at the coaching position though. That is the one place we can improve big and that might be the difference maker. If we bring Sean Payton in though we might miss our window with this defense. Elite defenses do not stay that way for very long.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#152 » by Mr B » Thu Dec 1, 2022 3:10 am

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:

If they beat Philly handily, like they way they beat the Vikings, I will probably start drinking the Koolaid :lol:

I'll say this, if we go into the post season with the #1 scoring offense and an elite defense and still lose first round? I'm just going to declare this franchise to be cursed. Because I don't know wtf else we can do at that point.

I do think we are weak at the coaching position though. That is the one place we can improve big and that might be the difference maker. If we bring Sean Payton in though we might miss our window with this defense. Elite defenses do not stay that way for very long.

Trust me man, don’t drink the cool aid. Last year was it for me. They had the #1 scoring offense and a defense that should have been good enough. They should have at very least been good enough to get to the Championship game.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#153 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Dec 1, 2022 3:00 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:

[b]I'll say this, if we go into the post season with the #1 scoring offense and an elite defense and still lose first round? I'm just going to declare this franchise to be cursed. Because I don't know wtf else we can do at that point. [/b]

Before I came here 8 years ago, almost all the posters already had admitted we were cursed. They called it the "Jerry Curse". One poster I remember most was a guy named PayDay. He stated on a number of occasions that he was worried he would never see a Cowboy Super bowl in his remaining life unless we won in spite of Jerry. Never forgot it. We never saw a light at the end of the tunnel with Jerry the owner and Romo the QB.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#154 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Dec 1, 2022 3:03 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:Honestly even if they beat Philly in December I still need to see them do it in the playoffs. They have let me down so much that, that is what I need to see from them.

Trust me man, don’t drink the cool aid. Last year was it for me. They had the #1 scoring offense and a defense that should have been good enough. They should have at very least been good enough to get to the Championship game.

The coaches, the GM and leadership have been a problem since Jimmy left.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,975

Post#155 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Dec 1, 2022 3:19 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Did you guys know that Dallas has the #1 offense in the NFL since Dak's return? It doesn't seem right to me but it is.

I’m gonna just enjoy the ride and see where we land.

Read on Twitter
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM

Post#156 » by Mr B » Thu Dec 1, 2022 4:04 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:

I’m gonna just enjoy the ride and see where we land.

Read on Twitter

Exactly. I said this at the beginning of the season. I will enjoy the good/fun moments when they happen but I have zero expectations of this team in the playoffs. Well, actually I expect them to fail again.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#157 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Dec 1, 2022 8:34 pm

I am not drinking any Koolaid....yet

I have Philly as the #1 team in the NFL. I think they are the best most well rounded team and I think they match up favorably with Dallas because they run so well and their elite CBs remove the WRs.

If we beat them convincingly? I'll have my hopes up....again.

We didn't have this defense last year. It is a MUCH better defense. We are now winning games on defense alone, that's how Cooper Rush won so many games. Now with our offense also putting up huge points?....man, if there is going to be a winning season then this is the one right here. I just need to see it happen against Philly. Philly ALSO has an elite defense and high powered offense. If they shut us down I can get to the playoffs without any Koolaid.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#158 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Dec 2, 2022 2:55 am

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:We need Vita Vea

Or someone of that ilk. Not just a big fat guy but a big fat guy with a mean streak.

Like that Simmons kid playing for the Titans. What a beast he is.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#159 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Dec 2, 2022 2:56 am

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Starting to appear to me the Cowboys new they would be having future issues vs. the run game. And this was their answer or temporary band aid.

You mean after 8 years I might get my wish for a stud DT. :wink: :lol:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#160 » by Mr B » Fri Dec 2, 2022 5:53 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

You mean after 8 years I might get my wish for a stud DT. :wink: :lol:

Don’t hold your breathe. Lol Knowing this team they will probably draft another WR.

Return to Dallas Cowboys