Moderator: Texas Chuck

Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,136

Re: 2022 Cowboy news and notes. 

Post#161 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Dec 2, 2022 6:42 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Fixing this run defense should be their main priority in the off season.

You mean after 8 years I might get my wish for a stud DT. :wink: :lol:

Don’t hold your breathe. Lol Knowing this team they will probably draft another WR.

?

Last season we drafted a very much need tackle who looks to be stud, and the year before that we drafted Micah.

And then yes, we took CeeDee Lamb but the only reason we even did that was because he was supposed to go top-10 and magically fell in our laps. And I think Lamb is one of the best WRs in the NFL with a chance over the next 3 years to be the very best WR in the league. I'm glad it happened.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Post#162 » by Mr B » Fri Dec 2, 2022 7:35 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:You mean after 8 years I might get my wish for a stud DT. :wink: :lol:

Don’t hold your breathe. Lol Knowing this team they will probably draft another WR.

?

Last season we drafted a very much need tackle who looks to be stud, and the year before that we drafted Micah.

And then yes, we took CeeDee Lamb but the only reason we even did that was because he was supposed to go top-10 and magically fell in our laps. And I think Lamb is one of the best WRs in the NFL with a chance over the next 3 years to be the very best WR in the league. I'm glad it happened.

True but as BJJ stated we’ve needed a big stud DT for several years and we’re still sitting here waiting for them to draft one. They’ve done well with drafting BPA but sometimes BPA isn’t a position of need, such as the case with Lamb. I haven’t dug too deep into the draft yet and who might be available but I will almost guarantee they won’t draft a DT in the round 1, especially not at the bottom of round 1. I could see them taking a WR, TE, or Edge when their pick comes up.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#163 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Dec 2, 2022 9:24 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:Don’t hold your breathe. Lol Knowing this team they will probably draft another WR.

?

True but as BJJ stated we’ve needed a big stud DT for several years and we’re still sitting here waiting for them to draft one. They’ve done well with drafting BPA but sometimes BPA isn’t a position of need, such as the case with Lamb. I haven’t dug too deep into the draft yet and who might be available but I will almost guarantee they won’t draft a DT in the round 1, especially not at the bottom of round 1. I could see them taking a WR, TE, or Edge when their pick comes up.

I don't think we took BPA last draft, we filled a position of need.

I think it needs to be a mix of both, if it is our pick and the next best DT is a far reach while there is an absolute stud at another position for us we should probably go BPA.

BPA also has an advantage in that you can fill positions of need in free agency.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#164 » by Mr B » Fri Dec 2, 2022 11:48 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:?

I don't think we took BPA last draft, we filled a position of need.

I think it needs to be a mix of both, if it is our pick and the next best DT is a far reach while there is an absolute stud at another position for us we should probably go BPA.

BPA also has an advantage in that you can fill positions of need in free agency.

I disagree about Tyler Smith. Based on their scouting at the time and based on results he was the best player available at the time. Based on results they may have gotten a steal at pick 24. It was a year where BPA and need were the same player.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#165 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Dec 3, 2022 5:44 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:Don’t hold your breathe. Lol Knowing this team they will probably draft another WR.

?

Like you I haven't begun to look into the draft as of yet. Just trying to enjoy the ride we are on while it lasts. I'm looking at DT as a position of need and WANT. I'm always looking for stud LB's. Can never have enough of them. Outside of that I would go into a different direction. OL, love to have another stud OL and you can never be deep enough at that position. I'm also looking for a replacement to Elliott and Dak after next season. So it looks like going into the next draft I'm looking for DT, LB, RB, OL & QB.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#166 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Dec 3, 2022 7:10 pm

Mr B wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=4umqsDFT6xxvZjHiuVK9xw

I hope this does not take place on Monday. The last thing we need is his baggage moving forward. Besides, we really don't even know if he is healthy and ready to go. Gallop looks like he getting back to his old self the past 3 weeks.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#167 » by Mr B » Sat Dec 3, 2022 7:51 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=4umqsDFT6xxvZjHiuVK9xw

I hope this does not take place on Monday. The last thing we need is his baggage moving forward. Besides, we really don't even know if he is healthy and ready to go. Gallop looks like he getting back to his old self the past 3 weeks.

Odell hasn’t really had any issues since his second year in Cleveland when his dad publicly called out Baker Mayfield for being a trash QB. Seems like he was right. He also has a reputation for being a good locker room guy.

With that said I still don’t think the sign him. He wants a multi year deal and he might not even been looking to play this season. I heard the other day that he’s really looking to play next season. I just don’t see Stephen Jones signing a player like that, especially to a multi year deal.

Also besides Gallup looking better James Washington is about back and they signed Calloway to the practice squad. I just don’t see it happening.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#168 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Dec 6, 2022 3:40 pm

Read on Twitter

Oh boy
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,399

Post#169 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Dec 6, 2022 8:47 pm

Read on Twitter
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Mr B
RealGM

Post#170 » by Mr B » Wed Dec 7, 2022 2:06 am

The tweets are not showing up?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#171 » by Mr B » Wed Dec 7, 2022 2:06 am

Mr B
RealGM

Post#172 » by Mr B » Wed Dec 7, 2022 2:10 am

I had heard rumors that Odell isn’t looking to play until next season. This makes sense if that’s true. I knew the Cowboys wouldn’t sign him. Jerry just likes the publicity.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=npbKYxveoBLW-ldQOFgO3A
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#173 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Dec 8, 2022 4:18 pm

Read on Twitter

Parsons drama on Twitter today over his political comments. I believe he deleted his original tweet but he lashed out at Biden saying he will not vote for him. This led to Twitter calling him "MAGA Parsons" and him posted the tweet above.

We don't need this circus distraction right now. :x
Mr B
RealGM

Post#174 » by Mr B » Thu Dec 8, 2022 4:53 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Read on Twitter

Parsons drama on Twitter today over his political comments. I believe he deleted his original tweet but he lashed out at Biden saying he will not vote for him. This led to Twitter calling him "MAGA Parsons" and him posted the tweet above.

He also said that he’s definitely not a Trump supporter but also does not like Biden. I personally didn’t see anything wrong with what he said.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#175 » by Mr B » Thu Dec 8, 2022 4:54 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=H0re8P87zjDKVGfeyrXIGQ
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#176 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Dec 8, 2022 5:03 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Read on Twitter

He also said that he’s definitely not a Trump supporter but also does not like Biden. I personally didn’t see anything wrong with what he said.

I don't either, and I don't care too much about his political stances in general. I just wish he wouldn't turn it into a Twitter circus to distract the team.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#177 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Dec 8, 2022 5:05 pm

Mr B wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=H0re8P87zjDKVGfeyrXIGQ

I saw this too. We have the best offense in the NFL. It's weird though because it certainly doesn't seem like our offense has been *THAT* good.

Seems like we are still arguing about Dak's struggles and to be fair I do not feel like Dak has been as amazing as he was last season.

Maybe the rest of the teams in the NFL are just slumping :lol:
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#178 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Dec 8, 2022 5:08 pm

Entering the post season with a top-5 offense and a top-5 defense SHOULD equate to playoff wins.

Until we get to Philly who is top-3 in both.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#179 » by Mr B » Thu Dec 8, 2022 5:59 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Entering the post season with a top-5 offense and a top-5 defense SHOULD equate to playoff wins.

Until we get to Philly who is top-3 in both.

Hopefully McCarthy’s struggles in late game management don’t hurt the team.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#180 » by Mr B » Fri Dec 9, 2022 12:37 am

Micah Parsons really stepping I some doodoo this morning didn’t he. The nicknames are hilarious though.

Pass Rush Limbaugh
MAGA Parsons
NRAy Lewis

Return to Dallas Cowboys