ImageImageImageImage

Week 5 @Rams

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Week 5 @Rams 

Post#1 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Oct 5, 2022 5:09 pm

On paper it seems like Dallas would actually be the favorite in this matchup. Slightly better offense but a much better defense.

Vegas favors the Rams by 5 pts though which is understandable given it is in LA and Dallas is using a backup QB.

The Rams have a bottom-5 offense and one of the worst rushing games in the NFL. How did their offense get so bad? Stafford has thrown 6 INTs and is one of the lowest rated QBs in the NFL. Super Bowl hangover?

I'm not sure I expect Dallas to win this game but I definitely expect them to keep it close.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Re: Week 5 @Rams 

Post#2 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Oct 5, 2022 5:13 pm

Read on Twitter
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,472

Post#3 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Oct 6, 2022 1:31 am

Micah Prescott wrote:On paper it seems like Dallas would actually be the favorite in this matchup. Slightly better offense but a much better defense.

Vegas favors the Rams by 5 pts though which is understandable given it is in LA and Dallas is using a backup QB.

The Rams have a bottom-5 offense and one of the worst rushing games in the NFL. How did their offense get so bad? Stafford has thrown 6 INTs and is one of the lowest rated QBs in the NFL. Super Bowl hangover?

I'm not sure I expect Dallas to win this game but I definitely expect them to keep it close.

It starts upfront with them. Their offensive line has been a problem. Losing Whitworth to retirement. Injuries. Not a good combination. The Cowboys should exploit this matchup. Just as the Niners did on Monday.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,975

Post#4 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Oct 6, 2022 1:56 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:On paper it seems like Dallas would actually be the favorite in this matchup. Slightly better offense but a much better defense.

It starts upfront with them. Their offensive line has been a problem. Losing Whitworth to retirement. Injuries. Not a good combination. The Cowboys should exploit this matchup. Just as the Niners did on Monday.

As it was telling my buddy awhile ago… Cowboys defense is more than capable of slowing down that Rams offense based on what I saw against SF. But - just like the Niners have the Rams number, the Rams sure seem to have our number. I just hope Moore doesn’t stubbornly insist on running to set up the pass. They should have had run success against the f/Redskins and didn’t.

I think the Cowboys can win. But I’m not picking them in my pickem. Can’t bring myself to.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#5 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Oct 6, 2022 1:31 pm

Dang I can see that Stafford has been sacked 16 times this season, #2 overall behind only Wentz.

Lawrence and Parsons should eat well.

I'm starting to think that Vegas has really missed here with the +5 but I just do not trust the Cowboys offense enough to place a bet. 5 points is a lot though and I could see Dallas losing by just 3.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,330

Post#6 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Oct 6, 2022 4:38 pm

The cowboys can win this game. Of course no turnovers and mistakes. Keep penalties under 5 and please, no stupid penalties. I feel the Cowboys need to run the ball in this game if they are to have a chance of winning this game. Not sure our O-Line is good enough to contain Donald and their D-line if they get to tee it up on us if we play from behind and have to throw it all day. Unless our defense doesn't show up or come to play, they should be able to get after it all day long and get some turnovers. I can see the defense getting 3 or 4 turnovers in this game. Hopefully the team shows up and comes to play because the Rams have a huge advantage at head coach.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#7 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Oct 6, 2022 6:54 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

Cowboys need and should win this game if they want to be seriously considered for possible division winner or playoff team.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#8 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Oct 6, 2022 7:21 pm

I see Dallas as a "playoff team" but only a wild card and I do not have high hopes for post season success. Mostly because of our lack luster offense. We saw week 1 that this offense can not score on dominant defenses like Tampa Bay. Which is why I do not think we can beat Philly, their defense is better than ours is.

Maybe Gallup and the emergence of Noah Brown can help turn things up though. And it is early, injuries can still happen. Hurts could go down, things can change drastically in the NFL.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#9 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Oct 6, 2022 7:42 pm

The Egals defense is NOT better than our defense. Please.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#10 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Oct 6, 2022 7:57 pm

Eagles are #3 overall in yards allowed (Dallas #7)
Eagles are #1 overall in sacks (Dallas #2)
Eagles are #1 overall in turnovers (Dallas #22 only 4)

Dallas does have the edge on points allowed (62) to the Eagles (71)

Both defenses are tremendous. I give a slight edge to Philly but the two are very close and comparable and my perception on that could change in the coming weeks. I hope Dallas proves me wrong.

Unfortunately the offenses are not comparable right now. The Eagles offense has been miles better.
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 558

Post#11 » by linery88 » Sat Oct 8, 2022 11:09 pm

We should beat L.A.
They have 1 WR..we have a top ranked CB,DL,and LB,and 2 RB,s.
If we dont win ,it will suck.Run right at Donald.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#12 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Oct 9, 2022 1:33 pm

These were the types of games we would lose last year when we got out of our division. Cowboys have a habit of not showing up in these types of games. Hopefully this team has matured from past mistakes.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#13 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Oct 9, 2022 3:33 pm

Read on Twitter

I've seen numerous tweets like this. A lot of people think the spread is heavily skewed just because Rams are defending Champs.

On paper Dallas should be the favorite.

I would bet myself, I just do not trust our offense vs Rams defense.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#14 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Oct 9, 2022 3:37 pm

linery88 wrote:We should beat L.A.
They have 1 WR..we have a top ranked CB,DL,and LB,and 2 RB,s.
If we dont win ,it will suck.Run right at Donald.

They actually have a great WR in Allen Robinson. I'm not sure why he isn't being utilized in that offense.

Every play is Kupp. You'd think that would be easy to plan for.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#15 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Oct 9, 2022 8:40 pm

Dorance Armstrong is a stud.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,056

Post#16 » by Fierce1 » Sun Oct 9, 2022 11:17 pm

Another impressive showing by the Dallas defense.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#17 » by Fierce1 » Sun Oct 9, 2022 11:23 pm

Wow!

Micah sacks Stafford, forcing a fumble, to seal the deal!

Another huge win for Cooper Rush and the Cowboys.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#18 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Oct 9, 2022 11:24 pm

Fierce1 wrote:Another impressive showing by the Dallas defense.

We had Doomsday I and Doomsday II, We might be witnessing Doomsday III. :party:
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#19 » by Fierce1 » Sun Oct 9, 2022 11:29 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Micah playing hurt and still ends up with 2 sacks and forced a fumble to end the game.

I think the comparison to Lawrence Taylor is warranted.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#20 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Oct 9, 2022 11:31 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Micah playing hurt and still ends up with 2 sacks and forced a fumble to end the game.

I think the comparison to Lawrence Taylor is warranted.

Hollywood Henderson on steroids.

Return to Dallas Cowboys