ImageImageImageImage

Week 5 @Rams

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,044

Re: Week 5 @Rams 

Post#41 » by Mr B » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:41 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Tyler actually had a questionable game too for once. Although many are writing it off as "well that's Aaron Donald".

I don't like that excuse. Donald is primarily a DT and doesn't usually edge rush like that. Tyler shouldn't have let him do that.

Donald is an absolute beast and might be the best defensive player in the league (it’s him or Micah). Even though Donald is primarily a DT he’s more than capable of being dominant from the End position. He’d be 1st team All Pro as a DE if that’s where he played.

I really can’t blame Tyler Smith too much. As a rookie he really did the best he could. One of the holding calls he got against Donald he prevented Rush from getting destroyed. This could have been the best learning experience Tyler Smith could have ever gotten. Similar to a young Erik Williams going against Reggie White.

I do blame Kellen Moore though and to some extent Cooper Rush for not providing extra protection on that side or for not sliding protection to that side. Moore has to expect they would line Donald up against the rookie and Rush has to recognize pre-snap exactly where Donald is and adjust the protection accordingly.
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 556

Post#42 » by linery88 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:58 pm

Do we have a QB contovery now ?
Will we be getting one ?
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,975

Post#43 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:32 am

linery88 wrote:Do we have a QB contovery now ?

No

Will we be getting one ?

No
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,328

Post#44 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:54 am

Pains me to say, but to be honest, if Dak is ready to go I want him to start this week. Egals biggest weakness is their CB's and defensive backs. We will need to throw the ball downfield in this game to take advantage of that weakness and I have more faith In Dak to take on this task. Plus Dak has an outstanding record vs. the Egals.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#45 » by Mr B » Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:27 am

Will we be getting one ?

No to both. Rush did an amazing job driving the bus and he has made himself a ton of money but there’s no QB controversy. This is Dak’s team.
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 556

Post#46 » by linery88 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:46 am

Mr B wrote:
Will we be getting one ?

No to both. Rush did an amazing job driving the bus and he has made himself a ton of money but there’s no QB controversy. This is Dak’s team.

Call Jerry,and tell him that.jk :noway:

Seriously though,I agree because of Jerrys investment in Dak,but good to know we have a competent backup when all we did was wonder about it before,or gripe about them getting a known backup.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#47 » by Mr B » Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:47 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Pains me to say, but to be honest, if Dak is ready to go I want him to start this week. Egals biggest weakness is their CB's and defensive backs. We will need to throw the ball downfield in this game to take advantage of that weakness and I have more faith In Dak to take on this task. Plus Dak has an outstanding record vs. the Egals.

I’m getting the feeling they will rest him 1 more week. He has to be able to go through a full week of practice with no limitations I think before you put him in. It would be unfair to Dak to put him in under the current circumstances. He’s going to be rusty, and likely not 100% healthy (probably 80%-90%). You don’t want his first game back being against this Eagles team. Best to stay with the hot hand for 1 more week and start Cooper Rush. If he loses then it was expected. If he wins then you can bring Dak back against the Lions and it’s more understandable.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#48 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:36 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Pains me to say, but to be honest, if Dak is ready to go I want him to start this week. Egals biggest weakness is their CB's and defensive backs. We will need to throw the ball downfield in this game to take advantage of that weakness and I have more faith In Dak to take on this task. Plus Dak has an outstanding record vs. the Egals.

I’m getting the feeling they will rest him 1 more week. He has to be able to go through a full week of practice with no limitations I think before you put him in. It would be unfair to Dak to put him in under the current circumstances. He’s going to be rusty, and likely not 100% healthy (probably 80%-90%). You don’t want his first game back being against this Eagles team. Best to stay with the hot hand for 1 more week and start Cooper Rush. If he loses then it was expected. If he wins then you can bring Dak back against the Lions and it’s more understandable.

I agree with 100% what you just said. My thinking is the Egals are going to try and dominate our O-line with their D-line and shut the running game down. If that happens then we will be 2nd & 3ird down and long all night and that might be a disaster. Like I said in an earlier post, the Egals weakness is their CB's and DB's and I don't have that much faith in Rush to throw more downfield. Plus rush can't run and scramble like Dak and we will need that weapon in this game. I believe our defense will more than hold its own, but our offense will determine if we win this game.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Post#49 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:18 pm

How is the Eagles weakness their CBs? Slay is arguably the best CB in the NFL and Bradberry also amazing. They have arguably the best CB duo in the league. Did you mean to say that is their "strength"?

Read on Twitter

This is why I don't have faith at all in Dallas beating Philly, Their defense is on par with ours, or maybe even better, and their offense is miles better than ours. Regardless if it is Dak or Cooper, that QB is going to have low completion and low passing yards.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#50 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:44 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:How is the Eagles weakness their CBs? Slay is arguably the best CB in the NFL and Bradberry also amazing. They have arguably the best CB duo in the league. Did you mean to say that is their "strength"?

Read on Twitter

This is why I don't have faith at all in Dallas beating Philly, Their defense is on par with ours, or maybe even better, and their offense is miles better than ours. Regardless if it is Dak or Cooper, that QB is going to have low completion and low passing yards.

You can take your numbers and analytics and shove them. Numbers do not always tell the whole story that we have all seen many times over the years and decades. There is a thing called an eye test and you are leaving out strength of schedule which would apply here as things have not quite shaken out yet and schedules so far are not balanced out as of yet.
First of all I totally disagree with you when it comes to defense. The Cowboy defense is far superior and its not even close. Can't believe this is coming from you but not really surprised with your lack of football instincts.
Next, last year we beat the living crap out of the Egals both times we played them and it wasn't even close. So that is another thing we have over the Egals and in out favor. IMHO the eye test isn't even close. Cowboys have been much more impressive despite playing with a back up QB and 2/3 of our receivers missing the first few weeks.
Next I believe you and others are missing the strength of schedule comparison. When it comes to strength of schedule, its not even close. The Egals have wins vs. the Detroit, Washington, Jaguars and Arizona. I mean please. You think wins vs. those teams are and were impressive? I say hell no. They got down 14-0 to the Jaguars and were lucky and fortunate to come back and win that game to a bunch of very young and inexperienced players. 3 point victories over Arizona and Detroit, :rofl: :rofl: and giving up 35 points to the Lions (One of the top 3 worse teams in the NFL). Then another win vs. Washington. Another victory vs. one of the 3 worse teams in the NFL. Surprised the Egals didn't have Pittsburgh on their schedule. Perhaps their best win was at home over the Vikings after they come off a short week after playing the Packers and always have a let down when they play them.
Outside of Washington, our strength of schedule is more impressive. Lets start with the Rams and Bengals. Both teams were in the super Bowl last year. Tampa Bay was one win away from the NFC championship game last year and has one of the best defenses in the NFL currently. And we beat a 4-1 team on the road vs. the Giants. Egals should be scared of us if anything so I don't get were you are coming from or your analytic bull crap. You should try watching all the games so you don't have to rely on the numbers telling you what and how to post.
And lastly, I've never bowed down the Egals and Foreskins in 52 years no matter our situation, and never will. A real Cowboy fan never admits to losing to those bums. I guess the culture is changing with the younger Cowboy fans. Unlike you I have all kinds of faith in the Cowboys this week. :peace:
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#51 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:27 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Unlike you I have all kinds of faith in the Cowboys this week. :peace:

This coming from Mr. "The Cowboys will never win anything under Jerry" and "everyone not named Parsons sucks". :lol: That's quite the 180.

I've watched 3 Eagle games this season and what my eyes saw were some dominate CBs. In fact I would say that CB is probably their strongest position. Bradberry and Slay will both be ProBowlers this year and I am sure at least one of them will be AllPro. They are the only 5-0 team and realistically speaking that defense is a strong one.

Is it possible that their weak schedule has overrated them? yes. And I hope that is the case. It is possible they are not what they seem. But I do think they are clearly a "good" team from top to bottom.

Last year I would believe that the Dallas offense could put up points on Philly, but this current Dallas offense? Not so much. Maybe if Dak was 100%. Cooper only completed 10 passes vs the Rams for 102 yards. He couldn't do anything. It's very hard to imagine him lighting it up against Philly.

I do think our defense will keep the game close no matter what. They are capable of making it difficult for Hurts. Hopefully Diggs can score on an INT or Lawrence another fumble recovery to make it easier on Cooper.

I think that if our offense puts up a good amount of points it will be from lots of FGs. I hope Maher is ready.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#52 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:58 pm

I'm not the only Cowboy fan or sports pundit that gave up on the Cowboys after the week 1 performance. We are in week 5 thread. I'm not here to discuss Jerry or the Cowboys winning anything. I'm talking about the Dallas Cowboy team and this week's match up with the Egals. Why you are bringing up Jerry and going all the way with team and I'm not saying that, you are. So grow up and stick to the topic at hand. If you want to talk about Jerry and give him your usual tongue bath there are other threads set up just for that purpose.
And I still don't agree with you. The only reason the numbers look decent is plain and simple the lack of competition they have played so far. The Egals can be had and are not as good as you and others are claiming. I'm not impressed. 3 point win over the Lions, :falloff: , 3 point win over Arizona, :rofl: a squeaker over a extremely young and mistake ridden Jaguars team that they got down 14-0 as a double digit favorite, :lol: And running up the stats and scoreboard vs. Washington. Please, I'm gonna soil myself if I have to keep debating you on this. :pityfool:
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#53 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:46 pm

I hope you're right I promise. If the Cowboys go in there and beat up on Philly I'll eat crow in here and declare you the winner. I hope it happens. I hope Rush throws for 400 yards and 4 TDs.

The Lions are actually a to-5 offense though believe it or not, they just have the worst defense in the NFL. Vikings are legit. Jags are decent.

The Cardinals do not look like a very good team overall though, and Washington definitely are bad but we played Washington too.

I know Dallas certainly is capable of winning, I just do not like the odds at all, and it is mostly because I do not think Cooper can throw on that defense.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#54 » by Mr B » Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:01 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:I hope you're right I promise. If the Cowboys go in there and beat up on Philly I'll eat crow in here and declare you the winner. I hope it happens. I hope Rush throws for 400 yards and 4 TDs.

The Lions are actually a to-5 offense though believe it or not, they just have the worst defense in the NFL. Vikings are legit. Jags are decent.

The Cardinals do not look like a very good team overall though, and Washington definitely are bad but we played Washington too.

I know Dallas certainly is capable of winning, I just do not like the odds at all, and it is mostly because I do not think Cooper can throw on that defense.

The biggest problem the Cowboys will have is with the Eagles running game. The Cowboys have not been good at stopping the run (against teams that can actually run) and the Eagles have been very good at running the ball this year. Running the ball is also the best chance the Eagles have to neutralize Micah Parsons.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#55 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:32 pm

Yep Miles Sanders will be hard to contain this is true.

Dallas has been good though at tackling for loss and then forcing the pass. For some reason I feel like with Dallas they either stuff the runner at or behind the line, or they give up a big run. Not much in between. Maybe I am wrong on that but that just feels like the situation to me.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#56 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:04 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:I hope you're right I promise. If the Cowboys go in there and beat up on Philly I'll eat crow in here and declare you the winner. I hope it happens. I hope Rush throws for 400 yards and 4 TDs.

However this is what I worry about. I believe the Egals are gonna put an extra guy or two at times, especially on first down. Egals objective will be to keep our boys in 2nd and 3ird and long and make Cooper Rush beat them. I don't know if any of us in here is comfortable with Rush throwing the ball all night and expecting us to win. I don't know, maybe. We have seen Cooper Rush in that type of situation as of yet.
First down will be CRITICAL for us. Unless we believe Rush can win the game by throwing, we will need to win first down and be able to run the ball all night.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#57 » by Mr B » Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:38 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

However this is what I worry about. I believe the Egals are gonna put an extra guy or two at times, especially on first down. Egals objective will be to keep our boys in 2nd and 3ird and long and make Cooper Rush beat them. I don't know if any of us in here is comfortable with Rush throwing the ball all night and expecting us to win. I don't know, maybe. We have seen Cooper Rush in that type of situation as of yet.
First down will be CRITICAL for us. Unless we believe Rush can win the game by throwing, we will need to win first down and be able to run the ball all night.

Absolutely! Getting to 3rd and short will be critical. Cooper Rush has been good because he hasn’t had to face many 3rd and long situations. Winning on 1st and 2nd is huge. You’re going to hate this BJJ but this game is really on Zeke. He needs to average between 4-5 yards per carry. If he can do that and together he and Pollard get 25-30 carries combined the Cowboys should win.

Return to Dallas Cowboys