ImageImageImageImage

Week 5 @Rams

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Re: Week 5 @Rams 

Post#21 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Oct 9, 2022 11:49 pm

We held the Rams to 10 points, the spread was horribly skewed, Dez won $20k.

I don't feel crazy about this win though because that is one of the worst offensive lines I have ever seen. Stafford is going to die or be paralyzed this season. Their run game is hopeless and their pass game is suspect too simply because Stafford has no time at all. That offense needs to be running screens and short slants all game.

It's amazing to me that a Super Bowl team can turn into that over just 1 offseason.
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 558

Post#22 » by linery88 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:16 am

Holy crap...we have a chance !?
Not surprised by the win.Keep this defense healthy,and we are a contender.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,056

Post#23 » by Fierce1 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:25 am

The Cowboys defense is elite, but the offense is also doing good.

Even without Dak, the Cowboys has scored at least 20 points the last 4 games.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#24 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:42 pm

Cooper Rush is getting overrated though. He only completed 10 passes for 102 yards. Very weak numbers.

We scored on a Pollard homerun and and Lawrence fumble recovery.

This offense is pretty weak overall. Hopefully Dak can turn it up a notch.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,975

Post#25 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:27 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Cooper Rush is getting overrated though. He only completed 10 passes for 102 yards. Very weak numbers.

We scored on a Pollard homerun and and Lawrence fumble recovery.

This offense is pretty weak overall. Hopefully Dak can turn it up a notch.

I believe that will happen... I don't believe it will happen this week. I would almost bet the house he sits (or stands with headset & clipboard/tablet) until the Detroit game.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,044

Post#26 » by Mr B » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:51 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Dorance Armstrong is a stud.

Randy Gregory who?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#27 » by Mr B » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:51 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:Another impressive showing by the Dallas defense.

We had Doomsday I and Doomsday II, We might be witnessing Doomsday III. :party:

When exactly was Doomsday II?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#28 » by Mr B » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:52 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:We had Doomsday I and Doomsday II, We might be witnessing Doomsday III. :party:

Micah playing hurt and still ends up with 2 sacks and forced a fumble to end the game.

I think the comparison to Lawrence Taylor is warranted.

Hollywood Henderson on steroids.

Instead of crack. Lol
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,330

Post#29 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:11 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:Another impressive showing by the Dallas defense.

We had Doomsday I and Doomsday II, We might be witnessing Doomsday III. :party:

Doomsday I was the Lilly, Andre, Pugh, Howley era from late 60's till about 1974. Doomsday II was the White, Jones, Martin, Henderson era from 1975-1983.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#30 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:13 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Dorance Armstrong is a stud.

Randy Gregory who?

One of the few things the Cowboys did right in the off season. Getting rid of that piece of crap. :thumbsup: :nod:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#31 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:15 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:Micah playing hurt and still ends up with 2 sacks and forced a fumble to end the game.

I think the comparison to Lawrence Taylor is warranted.

Hollywood Henderson on steroids.

Instead of crack. Lol

I hope this groin issue doesn't linger throughout the season. It would be a shame if he lost games because of this and even more upsetting if it prevented him from possibly playing in the playoffs.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#32 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:05 pm

After week 1 Dallas was completely blown out by Tampa Bay and lost Dak to injury. The defending Super Bowl Champion Rams beat the Chargers.

At that time there is not a single human in the universe that would have believed Dallas would go on to win the next 4 games including the Rams. We all viewed the season as a wash and many were talking about tanking for a high draft pick.

This is all thanks to defense.

I still do not have high playoff hopes for this team though, but I am happy we'll get to see a game and maybe we can sneak in a playoff win thanks to elite defensive play.

What kind of hurts to think about is that last season Dallas had the #1 offense in the NFL. So last year's offense with this year's defense is the ideal combination. I really really really hope that when Dak returns they can find a little bit of what they had last season offensively.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#33 » by Mr B » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:07 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:We had Doomsday I and Doomsday II, We might be witnessing Doomsday III. :party:

Doomsday I was the Lilly, Andre, Pugh, Howley era from late 60's till about 1974. Doomsday II was the White, Jones, Martin, Henderson era from 1975-1983.

Ah! I tend to mix those two together. You’re right though, I heard someone else mention the same thing this morning.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#34 » by Mr B » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:09 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Hollywood Henderson on steroids.

Instead of crack. Lol

I hope this groin issue doesn't linger throughout the season. It would be a shame if he lost games because of this and even more upsetting if it prevented him from possibly playing in the playoffs.

When I first saw Parsons limping around the first thing I thought was, at least it’s happening now which would give him time to rest before the stretch run to the playoffs.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#35 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:10 pm

Players need to stay healthy, we aren't doing anything meaningful without Parsons on the field. That guy is the heart of this team. We really need both Lamb and Gallup to stay healthy too which is asking a lot. Having only one them is not enough weapons. I don't know what happened to Schultz but we have zero threat at TE now which hurts.

Pollard is clearly the better RB but I actually like the set up they have. Zeke is grinding the hard yardage and then Pollard comes with fresh legs on a beatin down defense. It works. I do not think Pollard would have been able to hit that home run if he was grinding it out early in the game.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#36 » by Mr B » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:11 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:After week 1 Dallas was completely blown out by Tampa Bay and lost Dak to injury. The defending Super Bowl Champion Rams beat the Chargers.

At that time there is not a single human in the universe that would have believed Dallas would go on to win the next 4 games including the Rams. We all viewed the season as a wash and many were talking about tanking for a high draft pick.

This is all thanks to defense.

I still do not have high playoff hopes for this team though, but I am happy we'll get to see a game and maybe we can sneak in a playoff win thanks to elite defensive play.

What kind of hurts to think about is that last season Dallas had the #1 offense in the NFL. So last year's offense with this year's defense is the ideal combination. I really really really hope that when Dak returns they can find a little bit of what they had last season offensively.

I personally had them winning only 7-8 games after Dak and Tyron Smith went out. They’re playing extremely well but don’t forget the last 25+ seasons. Until they prove otherwise I’m still expecting them to collapse in the playoffs.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#37 » by Mr B » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:13 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Players need to stay healthy, we aren't doing anything meaningful without Parsons on the field. That guy is the heart of this team. We really need both Lamb and Gallup to stay healthy too which is asking a lot. Having only one them is not enough weapons. I don't know what happened to Schultz but we have zero threat at TE now which hurts.

Pollard is clearly the better RB but I actually like the set up they have. Zeke is grinding the hard yardage and then Pollard comes with fresh legs on a beatin down defense. It works. I do not think Pollard would have been able to hit that home run if he was grinding it out early in the game.

Pollard also almost got Rush killed a couple times. On one of those Rush actually fumbled but then fell on the ball.

Also don’t forget, at some point Tyron Smith and James Washington will back in the lineup.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#38 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:15 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Players need to stay healthy, we aren't doing anything meaningful without Parsons on the field. That guy is the heart of this team. We really need both Lamb and Gallup to stay healthy too which is asking a lot. Having only one them is not enough weapons. I don't know what happened to Schultz but we have zero threat at TE now which hurts.

Pollard also almost got Rush killed a couple times. On one of those Rush actually fumbled but then fell on the ball.

Also don’t forget, at some point Tyron Smith and James Washington will back in the lineup.

Are you talking about the Ramsey sack?

I don't know how Cooper didn't fumble that ball it's a miracle he held on. He got absolutely blasted from behind.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#39 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:18 pm

Tyler actually had a questionable game too for once. Although many are writing it off as "well that's Aaron Donald".

I don't like that excuse. Donald is primarily a DT and doesn't usually edge rush like that. Tyler shouldn't have let him do that.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#40 » by Mr B » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:33 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Are you talking about the Ramsey sack?

I don't know how Cooper didn't fumble that ball it's a miracle he held on. He got absolutely blasted from behind.

Yea that one. That’s was Pollard’s guy to pick up. He should have seen (pre-snap) the blitz was coming and instead of blocking outside he went inside and Rush damn near got his head taken off. That’s why even though Zeke may be a idiot as a person he’s still valuable on the field. Zeke has a knack for being able to see where the blitz is coming from and the ability to pick it up.

Return to Dallas Cowboys