ImageImageImageImage

Week 6: Dallas Cowboys @ Philadelphia Eagles

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,044

Week 6: Dallas Cowboys @ Philadelphia Eagles  

Post#1 » by Mr B » Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:48 am

Thought I’d start a thread for this game.

I was watching SPEAK today with Acho and David Helman and some good things were said on there. The very last thing they said I agree with 100%. The best matchup in this game will be between Shane Steichen (or whoever designs the game plan and calls the plays for the Eagles) and Dan Quinn. Whoever wins that battle likely wins the game.

https://youtu.be/KXieLHWI_8s
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Re: Week 6: Dallas Cowboys @ Philadelphia Eagles 

Post#2 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:43 pm

Jason Peters will suit up against his old team :nod:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#3 » by Mr B » Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:28 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Jason Peters will suit up against his old team :nod:

After game 1 this OL looked pretty bad and it seemed like it was going to be a very bad season Fr that group. Now it seems that the Cowboys have amazing depth at the position. Especially once Tyron Smith comes back around Thanksgiving.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,330

Post#4 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:06 pm

Mr B wrote:

After game 1 this OL looked pretty bad and it seemed like it was going to be a very bad season Fr that group. Now it seems that the Cowboys have amazing depth at the position. Especially once Tyron Smith comes back around Thanksgiving.

The OL will have to play its best this week. We must be able to run the ball. I'm not worried at all about our defense.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#5 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:20 pm

I am really curious as to how they are going to deal with Tyron Smith's return.

I feel like Tyler has earned his spot there and I don't like the idea of moving him out of it. But that is Tyron's home and if he is 100% I trust him to be there more than any other tackle.

I'm sure Tyler understands he is the future LT of the Dallas Cowboys.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#6 » by Mr B » Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:28 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

The OL will have to play its best this week. We must be able to run the ball. I'm not worried at all about our defense.

The run defense worries me. Philly is pretty good at running the ball. They need to keep Hurts contained.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#7 » by Mr B » Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:33 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:I am really curious as to how they are going to deal with Tyron Smith's return.

I feel like Tyler has earned his spot there and I don't like the idea of moving him out of it. But that is Tyron's home and if he is 100% I trust him to be there more than any other tackle.

I'm sure Tyler understands he is the future LT of the Dallas Cowboys.

Yea that’s going to be interesting. Honestly I think Tyron starts. He’s the better player and you really want your best 5 OL on the field. Tyler likely moves back to the swing tackle position. Steele is playing really well so he’s not sitting. And LG is locked down by either Peters or McGovern (who also has been playing well). I think the only way Tyron doesn’t start is if he steps up himself and says Tyler deserves to remain the starter.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#8 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:26 pm

Spread is Eagles by 6.5 pts.

Honestly that feels about right to me for this game, wouldn't touch it.

I'm mad at myself for not taking advantage of the Rams game though, the writing was on the wall for Rams loss and there are not many times when a lock bet presents itself like that. Oh well.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#9 » by Mr B » Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:25 pm

Keep an eye on what’s going on with the Eagles OL. Jordan Mailata is looking like he is going to play but he has a bum shoulder. Today is the first day he’s practiced this week.

Also Jason Kelce has a sprained ankle and had to be taken into the medical tent today in practice and apparently looked to be in pretty bad pain.

Plus two of their other OL are banged up.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#10 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:39 pm

Love Lawrence's comments this morning when the media was asking him question about Hurts, the Egals, etc,. Love it !!!! Been waiting for this for years !!! Maybe there is hope for this team after all. We are the Cowboys and we bow down to nobody, especially the Egals !!!! I love this defense and their whole mentality.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#11 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:13 pm

ESPN stated this morning that Cooper Rush is the first and only QB in Cowboy history to win his first 5 games. I don't think this is true and might need help from Otis on this one. Staubach took over for Craig Morton halfway through the 1971 season. he run the table of 9 straight games all the way to winning Super Bowl VI. I could be wrong but I don't believe Staubach ever started a game before that.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#12 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:11 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:ESPN stated this morning that Cooper Rush is the first and only QB in Cowboy history to win his first 5 games. I don't think this is true and might need help from Otis on this one. Staubach took over for Craig Morton halfway through the 1971 season. he run the table of 9 straight games all the way to winning Super Bowl VI. I could be wrong but I don't believe Staubach ever started a game before that.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/StauRo00/gamelog/1969/

He started in 69, won his 4 games and then lost his 5th to the Browns
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#13 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:26 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:ESPN stated this morning that Cooper Rush is the first and only QB in Cowboy history to win his first 5 games. I don't think this is true and might need help from Otis on this one. Staubach took over for Craig Morton halfway through the 1971 season. he run the table of 9 straight games all the way to winning Super Bowl VI. I could be wrong but I don't believe Staubach ever started a game before that.

I knew Staubach was drafted in 1964 but did 4 years in the navy before joining the Cowboys in 1969. After Meredith retired after the 1968 season I automatically assumed Morton took over. Now I really do have a question for Otis. What the hell prompted Landry to go with Morton after that point? I would really love to know. I still claim we would have won Super Bowl V as well if Staubach was the starter.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#14 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:41 pm

I found this though:
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WhitDa01/gamelog/

Danny White won his first 5 starts.

EDIT: nvm I guess White didn't even play in some of those 5 games. Not sure why they even listed them.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#15 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:45 pm

Yeah Rush probably is the only Cowboys QB to do that from what I can tell.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#16 » by Mr B » Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:49 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:

I knew Staubach was drafted in 1964 but did 4 years in the navy before joining the Cowboys in 1969. After Meredith retired after the 1968 season I automatically assumed Morton took over. Now I really do have a question for Otis. What the hell prompted Landry to go with Morton after that point? I would really love to know. I still claim we would have won Super Bowl V as well if Staubach was the starter.

It was before my time but Morton was a very good QB and didn’t he end up quarterbacking the Broncos to a SB?
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#17 » by Micah Prescott » Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:16 pm

The Cowboys have won 18 of their last 25 games which is #3 overall behind only Green Bay (19) and Tampa Bay (19).

That's weird it certainly doesn't feel like we've been that successful. That's what a one and done in the post season does.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#18 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:20 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/StauRo00/gamelog/1969/

It was before my time but Morton was a very good QB and didn’t he end up quarterbacking the Broncos to a SB?

He single handily lost Super Bowl V for our Cowboys deciding to throw 3 INT's in the 4th quarter after the Doomsday I defense handed him a 13-6 lead. Craig Morton is a sore subject in my family. In 1973 Landry finally decided to go with Staubach after his performance vs. the Niners in the conference semi-finals and then traded Morton to the Giants before later ending up in Denver. Landry used trading Morton to eventually get Randy white in the draft. Giants were good to us back then.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#19 » by Mr B » Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:30 am

I was thinking the other day that there could be a chance the Cowboys are pulling a smokescreen will end up starting Dak Sunday night.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=9f8zsJ5YwDJL_cDps6OndA
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#20 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:07 pm

Read on Twitter

Parsons agrees with Mr B

Return to Dallas Cowboys