ImageImageImageImage

What did we really learn about our Cowboys last night?

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Re: What did we really learn about our Cowboys last night? 

Post#21 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:25 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I learned last night the same pattern that has been going on the past 4 years is still alive this year. Lets start with our 3 losses this year. Tampa and Tom Brady, Egals and Hurts and now Aaron Rodgers. What common factor surfaces as compared to those of last year and losses from the other years. Dak Prescott Can't out perform and beat the top QB's or the top teams in the League. Mike McCarthy and his coaching staff get schooled and in most cases out coached. Penalty flags fly all over the field and our defense all of a sudden can't stop a nose bleed. This mixed cocktail is not a championship drink. Time for some new ingredients. The whiskey has soured. Now its time for Jerry to step in and make a couple more wheels to fall of the wagon.

I agree that this is not a championship team and that this team is seriously flawed. I don’t blame Dak for this loss though, well not entirely. On both picks he threw the WR’s ran terrible routes (specifically CeeDee Lamb). On the first interception Lamb was supposed to cross in front of the defender instead of behind him. Dak anticipated he was going to cross the DB and threw the ball. When Lamb went behind the DB it resulted in an easy interception for the DB.

On the other interception Schultz should have ran a tighter route. If he had done so he would have cleared the DB that was covering him. To me it looked like a bad play design though because there were 4 WR’s in the same area. That’s a ball Dak should NOT have thrown.

So I wouldn’t put it all in Dak. There’s enough blame to go around, Dak, coaches, WR’s. A total ****.

Even though the defense sucked donkey balls in this game, please tell me 2 red zone turnovers and 5 three and outs don't wear and stress out a defense. I mean Jesus Christ, the defense can't even catch its breathe and they are back on the field because the 95 million dollar QB of the last 2 years can't move the damn chains. Why the **** can't Dak make other people around him better instead of the other way around. I'm so **** tired of everyone making excuses for him and always pretending he is the victim. This is just another rerun of Tony Romo.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#22 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:31 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Also Dak's first INT came immediately after a fumble recovery. Basically just traded turnovers and evened out.

The Vikings are 8-1 with Cousins
The Eagles are 8-1 with Hurts

Neither of those are elite QBs.

Matt Stafford isn't either. In fact I don't think Stafford is top-10.

Flacco was never that great

Peyton Manning was the lowest rated QB in the NFL when he won a ring with Denver. He was awful.

Nick Foles sucks.

Dak is good enough to win a ring.

Wrong. And I'm starting to think your on drugs. I've said it before last year and the year before. Dak is not the guy. He sucks and most importantly, he dumber than a box of rocks. If you ever get time or a chance, got to dallascowboyuniverse and sportshoopla and see what real Cowboy fans in those Cowboy forums have been saying about Dak the past 4 years. When you read and see their comments about Dak you might start thinking I'm a nice guy.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,954

Post#23 » by Mr B » Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:47 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I learned last night the same pattern that has been going on the past 4 years is still alive this year. Lets start with our 3 losses this year. Tampa and Tom Brady, Egals and Hurts and now Aaron Rodgers. What common factor surfaces as compared to those of last year and losses from the other years. Dak Prescott Can't out perform and beat the top QB's or the top teams in the League. Mike McCarthy and his coaching staff get schooled and in most cases out coached. Penalty flags fly all over the field and our defense all of a sudden can't stop a nose bleed. This mixed cocktail is not a championship drink. Time for some new ingredients. The whiskey has soured. Now its time for Jerry to step in and make a couple more wheels to fall of the wagon.

I agree that this is not a championship team and that this team is seriously flawed. I don’t blame Dak for this loss though, well not entirely. On both picks he threw the WR’s ran terrible routes (specifically CeeDee Lamb). On the first interception Lamb was supposed to cross in front of the defender instead of behind him. Dak anticipated he was going to cross the DB and threw the ball. When Lamb went behind the DB it resulted in an easy interception for the DB.

On the other interception Schultz should have ran a tighter route. If he had done so he would have cleared the DB that was covering him. To me it looked like a bad play design though because there were 4 WR’s in the same area. That’s a ball Dak should NOT have thrown.

So I wouldn’t put it all in Dak. There’s enough blame to go around, Dak, coaches, WR’s. A total ****.

Even though the defense sucked donkey balls in this game, please tell me 2 red zone turnovers and 5 three and outs don't wear and stress out a defense. I mean Jesus Christ, the defense can't even catch its breathe and they are back on the field because the 95 million dollar QB of the last 2 years can't move the damn chains. Why the **** can't Dak make other people around him better instead of the other way around. I'm so **** tired of everyone making excuses for him and always pretending he is the victim. This is just another rerun of Tony Romo.

Again, Dak’s shares blame but he’s not the committing dumb penalties that extend drives for the other team. I’m just saying there’s enough blame for all of them.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#24 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:14 pm

Dak still isn't the guy. Running game suffers for the most part when Elliott is the feature. We still have baffoon's for coaches especially on the offensive side of the ball. The penalties and dicipline issues have not been cleaned up enough for playoff competition. Jerry however, has been good the past couple months. I'm surprised. Lets see how long that will last.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#25 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 9, 2023 2:49 pm

That not much has changed going into the playoffs this year vs. last year. Same issues persist and if Jerry thinks he will get to a Super Bowl with Mike McCarthy, he is senile at this point. Head coach, Dak, Zeke and lack of depth are major problems and issues. And when those arn't issues Jerry and his family are the problem.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#26 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:49 am

That the Cowboys will never win another Super Bowl with Mike McCarthy as coach, Dumb Dak Prescott as QB and the culture Jerry insists on providing.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#27 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:02 pm

I also have learned that the young generation Cowboy fans don't have the slightest clue on what it takes to be a championship football team. Totally clueless if any of them think Dak, Mike and Jerry can deliver us a Super Bowl.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#28 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:29 pm

I also learned Micah Parsons should shut his damn mouth. Super Bowl this, Super bowl that, played down to the competition. You haven't won anything in 28 years. Trying winning something before you start running your mouth.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#29 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:45 pm

The offense has taken a huge step back. Dak sucks, but that is nothing new from me. Mike McCarthy is doing an absolute horrible job at play calling. LVE going to be out 6 weeks. Feels like the Cowboys are about to implode.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#30 » by Mr B » Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:11 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:The offense has taken a huge step back. Dak sucks, but that is nothing new from me. Mike McCarthy is doing an absolute horrible job at play calling. LVE going to be out 6 weeks. Feels like the Cowboys are about to implode.

First of all I agree. Everything for them offensively has gone to ****. Losing LVE is also huge. It is still early though. Something is going to have to change though and someone is going to have to step up on the field.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#31 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:03 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:The offense has taken a huge step back. Dak sucks, but that is nothing new from me. Mike McCarthy is doing an absolute horrible job at play calling. LVE going to be out 6 weeks. Feels like the Cowboys are about to implode.

First of all I agree. Everything for them offensively has gone to ****. Losing LVE is also huge. It is still early though. Something is going to have to change though and someone is going to have to step up on the field.

One thing I will start out is the Brandon Cooks situation. He's been a 1000 yard receiver everywhere he has gone. So why did we spend the resources bring him in if we were not going to use him? OH, that's right, Mike said we were going to run the ball more this year. :banghead: :crazy: And I really hate to sound like a broken record here, but when is enough, enough when it comes to Dak? Seriously. Since Dumb Dak got his money he has 43 turnovers in 38 games and its not looking any better heading forward. When will Cowboy Nation get it when it comes to this guy? Don't get me started on McCarthy. Too much to bitch about there.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#32 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:25 pm

Mr B wrote:

I have an exercise for you. Lets say you and I were the new owners of the Dallas Cowboys. I'm not doing press conferences and all the media stuff like Jerry loves to do. I'm going to be more like Clint Murchinson. Staying completely out of the limelight till we raise the trophy.
First order of business. Who will be the new GM? Do we promote Will McClay to that position or do you someone else in mind? Who are currently the top 3 GM's in your opinion you would have no problem with? And second order of business, who do you consider currently the top 3 coaches in the NFL today? I'm not screwing around. I want the best at both positions if possible before I start making roster changes.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#33 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:46 pm

That we finally have a Super Bowl caliber team this year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#34 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:49 pm

Who ever wins the NFC will win the Super Bowl this year.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,135

Post#35 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:29 pm

I think we learned that the only thing standing in our way is the 49ers.

We could tell that the Eagles were beatable for us even after we lost to them. Unfortunately, that isn't the case with the 49ers. They beat us top to bottom, in every phase of the game.

The one thing we do know is that the offense is a completely different offense now. But because the 49ers have a top-3 defense, I do not think we can expect to score more than 28 points. We are going to need the defense to adjust and hold Purdy/CMC.

The defense stepped up big time last night, that was great to see. We need the same vs SF.
linery88
Bench Warmer
And1: 541

Post#36 » by linery88 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:21 pm

We learned that we need to figure out a way to neutralize SF,s team speed by doing long drives with multiple RB,s.
We were close but had to be perfect,and have everything go well against SF in that playoff game,but Pollard went out with a broken leg.We were still lacking something vs SF even with a healthy Pollard,but I think we have found it through the McCarthy/Dak "Here We Go"combo...and the rest of the offense.The defense got some much needed rest during the mini bye,but we still need to try for some long drives to help them out.... "Here We Go"
Mr B
RealGM

Post#37 » by Mr B » Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:39 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

I have an exercise for you. Lets say you and I were the new owners of the Dallas Cowboys. I'm not doing press conferences and all the media stuff like Jerry loves to do. I'm going to be more like Clint Murchinson. Staying completely out of the limelight till we raise the trophy.
First order of business. Who will be the new GM? Do we promote Will McClay to that position or do you someone else in mind? Who are currently the top 3 GM's in your opinion you would have no problem with? And second order of business, who do you consider currently the top 3 coaches in the NFL today? I'm not screwing around. I want the best at both positions if possible before I start making roster changes.

Kind of hard to say who the top GM’s are only because I don’t know their names. I would be interested in whomever the Niners GM is and whomever the Eagles GM is (Laurie I think). But ultimately I would likely stick with Will McClay because of his history of drafting players. He clearly knows talent when he sees it.

Regardless if we inheriting the current team or if we are starting over I’m solidifying the OL and DL. I’ve always been a firm believer in building from the inside out. That’s why I would be looking to draft a stud center like Jackson Powers-Johnson.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#38 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:20 pm

What have I learned after our last most recent game against Buffalo? No way we win 3 road games with our road games issues. Its imperative we win the division. I'm not sure we can win our first round playoff game if we have to go on the road. Injuries are piling up, especially on the defensive side of the ball. I just can't see Dak showing enough leadership and getting the offense to pick up the slack moving forward like the defense and special teams did for him and the offense most of the year to this point of the season. I know some posters think we can win 3 road playoff games, I don't.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#39 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:17 pm

Another thing. Dak should stop doing press conferences. 8 years later you get the same response and crap. I didn't play well and I got to get better. Dude, you hit your ceiling 3 years ago. You are what you are. So tired of it. We never learn anything new from him.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#40 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:58 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:First of all I agree. Everything for them offensively has gone to ****. Losing LVE is also huge. It is still early though. Something is going to have to change though and someone is going to have to step up on the field.

Kind of hard to say who the top GM’s arce only because I don’t know their names. I would be interested in whomever the Niners GM is and whomever the Eagles GM is (Laurie I think). But ultimately I would likely stick with Will McClay because of his history of drafting players. He clearly knows talent when he sees it.

Regardless if we inheriting the current team or if we are starting over I’m solidifying the OL and DL. I’ve always been a firm believer in building from the inside out. That’s why I would be looking to draft a stud center like Jackson Powers-Johnson.

I have no problem at all promoting Will Clay to GM. As a matter of fact I would love to see that. However as soon as the season is over I want to show McCarthy and Quinn the door. Both are absolutely horrible at scheming in big games and suck big time in making in game adjustments. I'm done with Quin after what I witnessed in our last game. Unacceptable IMHO.

Return to Dallas Cowboys